Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help for Meleemancer

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Naja, May 1, 2005.

1. Naja

Naja IncGamers Member

Help for Meleemancer

I am wondering, what would be your suggestion for point allocation and equipment for a Meleemancer that's going to survive Hell solo? I am just looking for a singleplayer PvM character, not to try and survive PvP or anything like that.

It seems to me that armor with Chains of Honor (for the + 2 all and the 65% resist all), any helm with Delerium, and Grim's Burning Dead scythe would make good equipment to aim for...

And in terms of point allocation, if I maxed out Bone Armor and Bone Wall, and used Marrowalk, I could have well up to 1000 hitpoints of shielding there. My assumption is, is that since I'm using all of those bone spells anyway, I might as well get a powerful Bone Spirit (max Teeth and Bone Spear, as well) for dealing with extra tough monsters and act bosses, right?

Any suggestions?

2. corax

corax IncGamers Member

let's see a SP PvM meleemancer.

Weapon: Beast is probably the best here, granting fanaticism and a bunch of other great mods.
    My personal favourite however is Kingslayer, its nice and affordable for a SP player, has -%enemy res, a % ar for you and grants you vengeance meaning nothing is immune to you.
    other choices: DC for one handed. tomb reaver for a 2 hander. ribcracker is always strong. IK maul in combo with other parts of the gear. crescent moon is a strong RW with CTC static and ITD. Ariocs is a great choice for a commandomancer without access to beast. fleshripper

Shields: if your going to be a wuss and go sword/shield style then use homu. end of story. better blocking than stormshield. more res, skills, etc. the only way SS beats it is because of the %DR. but who needs that when you have bone armour

Armour: yup if you have CoH use it, tis the schnizzle.

Helmet: vamp gaze for DR and dual leech. Shako for +skills if your more of a commandomancer style character. Crown of ages and veil of steel are both good choices too.
    Delirium isnt really that great for a necro as they can cast the CTC curses on it and shako is far commoner and adds more than just the +2 skills.

Boots: im yet to see a melee character that doesn't benefit from Gore riders. however for a defensive build go with marrowwalks as they add ALOT of def to your bone armour

gloves: blood crafts are my personal fav here. dual leech, 20%IAS and CB :drool: laying of hands are good. so are any that add ias basically.

Belt: personal fav is nosferatu's coil, adding IAS, LL, str.
    String of ears and the elite 'vitality' belt are good choices too.

Jewelry: angelic combo and ravenfrost. adds tonnes of much needed AR and gives you the ever important CBF.

Stat points:

str: enough for your heaviest piece of gear
    Dex: enough for your gear or max block depending on weapon choice
    vit: rest
    nrgy: none

skills:
    To survive well in hell you should have a decent decrep lvl after +skills to save you having to spam it constantly.
    terror is a pre-req and damn handy. besides that attract can be a life saver and dim vision has its moments.
    i like lvl ~20 or so decrep. which is overkill but it isnt really a skill intense build.
    If dim vision is your thing aim for lvl 15-20.

You'll need a golem. the cheapest way is 1 pnt clay golem, golem mastery n summon res. handy recastable tank that slows things to a crawl. no problems there. if you wanted a golem that could help kill you'd need to max out golem mastery and iron golem(to make it survivable) and make it out of something with CB like IK mauls which are fairly common in hell.

Bonewall is worth maxing for its BA synergy(which is more than BA itself adds) and makes a handy horde blocker in tight spots. BA could be a useful point sink if you cant think of anything better.
    P dagger could be used in conjunction with something like fleshripper for big AR boost and some psn damage. and even use the other psn synergies to make a daggermancer.

spear/spirit is another way to use up the skill points but not really needed IMO as there is nothing so uber that a meleemancer cant take it down in melee.

Raise Skellie and Skelie mastery will make any necro build uber pwnage. so if thats what your after go here

3. Naja

Naja IncGamers Member

How effective would a fully synergized Poison Dagger with say, a level 10 (-55% all) Lower Resist, be against Hell level act bosses?

How much damage would we be talking about, and how effective would it really be? This is assuming that this Daggermancer character has upwards of 1000+ hitpoints from his Bone Armor.

4. corax

corax IncGamers Member

a fully synergised lvl 25 pdagger(+2 homu, +2 CoH, +1 Crown of ages) nice and easy slvl to get would do 8-8.5 dmg over 11.6 secs with a 510% AR boost.

So it wouldn't go to badly against act bosses, especially with the mods on fleshripper.

IMO though a meleemancer and even a daggermancer is far better off using decrep on act bosses, decrep along with clay golem makes them all but helpless and leaves you free to equip your emrc with a hone sundan to speed up killing them alot.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Guide.

Don't forget Rockstopper. It is a great little helmet.

6. Gix

Gix IncGamers Member

Also check out my version of the meleemancer using the Venom Runeword. The thread is somewhere on this page.