Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HELP: First SS Druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by mirack, Aug 30, 2006.

1. mirack

mirack Banned

HELP: First SS Druid

Hi, what do max for skills? What spirit should I get Oak or wolverine?
    Input greatly appreciated

2. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of Wolves!!

Firstly check out the guides. I currently play a fury / summoner PvM so I don't know how much help I'll be to you. What kind of druid you play depends on your style of playing. Wolves seem to be a bit more common, but bears can be a lot of fun too. Are you into big hulking Bears (think Maul / Shockwave) or Fast fleeting savage Wolves (Fury / Rabies / Feral Rage)? Did you want to summon on the side or are you the solo wolf? So you'll need to decide what kind of character you want to play. Druids are kinda hard to cookie cutter and have a lot of nuances.

The Oak vs Wolverine arguement has been going for quite some time. Since I'm a party wolf, I did Oak to help my fellow party members get a bit extra life. Many will use HoW since the "Damage is king!" motto is very commonly espoused. Personally, I feel that anything that keeps my fellow partiers alive like our glass cannon Sorc or that pasty weaking Necro who keeps cursing alot is a good thing. Their major problem is not that they can't do damage or attack rating is too low, but they are somewhat fragile (low hit points) so the Oak and BO is designed to fix that problem.

Good luck and Good Hunting! (Growf!)
    Kirah

3. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Wouldnt be a Kirah post if it didnt begin with welcome to the wild, wild, world or wolves and end with good hunting (growf!), eh kirah:grin:? Lol, well it all depends on what type of SS you want. You may think there isnt many types, but there is. So you start...PvM or PvP. Says you choose PvM, I'd almost always go with oak, since life is esential to suriving and you dont usually need that much damage/ar for PvM. Then you decide, Fury +what? After maxing Fury, werewolf, lycanthrope and oak you'll be left with skill points. You can get summons, which can be meat shields, but I dont find help as much unless you load a few points, you can get fernal rage, or you can get hunger. Fernal is a preq to fury, but pumping some points would help vs some tough bosses (or if you venture to uber trist), but I'd go with hunger. Huge life steal and mana leech can get you outa most jams. Put a point into ravens for blind.

But if your PvP is another story. You gotta decide is it Vs C, VS M, or Vs A (which is caster, melee, all). If your goin vs caster, you'll want oak sage for the increased life, max fury skill, max poison creeper, max rabies, max lycanthrope, one point raven and mayb some wolves for shields (one point into werewolf you dont need AR). You'll want to use FRW gear and maybe a two handed weapon for ranger, huge damage. You can hit with rabies and let massive poison kill, or fury the hell outa them.

Next vs melee requires alot of thought. Choose HoW for huge damage/ar, or sage for longer life. max werewolf, lycanthrope, fury and you can chose other skills. Get some meat shield summon wolves and one point raven. You'll probbaly want a one handed weapon (grief the best probably unless you get into testing and get rares), a shield with a good black rate, chance to block, DR, FHR. Weapon atk speed is very important. 4FPS is a must!!!

VS all, I would get alot of stash gear. Play an oak sage Fury/rabies build with both a two handed 4FPS, range 5 weapon. A one handed 4fps weapon, max chance to block with shield on. Pretty much the same advice as the two together.

For more information check the guides section and im sure the experianced wolfs will be in the thread!

Good Luck, hope you have fun!!!:grin: