Help finishing my 1st druid: stats and skills+ gear

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member
Help finishing my 1st druid: stats and skills+ gear

After years with other characters I decided to give a shot to a druid, to play solo pvm (most of the time).

He is now (non ladder) level 77, in act 3 hell.

Gear:
Jalal
Grief Phase blade / Atheana's wrath (prebuff)
Forti
draculs
nosferatu
gores
Perfect Moser 2 pdiam (don't laugh :crazyeyes:)
Anni + torch 19/19

Amu prebuff : +2 shape and amu +3 summon
Amu play : +1 dru, 3 ml, 17 ares

Ring : 6 ml
ring : 3 ml, some resist, 10 FCR

Merc act 1 def : Obedience / vampgaze / traechery

Skills:
10 in werewolf
10 Lycanthropy
max Fury
Max Heart of Wolverine
Max Dire wolf
2 summon grizzly
a few lost pts in spirit wolf...to reach five useless pets in early game.

Stats: > 200 pts left to distribute ...life or str ?

Current strategy: Prebuff wolf (lvl 22) and summons (lvl 32)
First attacks with feral rage to max life leech and frw then fury at will.

Where to put the next skill and stats pts until lvl 90 ?:whistling: Lycanthropy or summon grizzly or else

Should I shael jalal , put a might merc instead def merc?
should i put 1pt in " stunning skills like maul or shock wave?
Pbs are PIs and mana burners.

I will probably enhance it with Atma's amu because the Physical immune are too slow to kill, and a BK for the +1 skill . I have enough resist with Moser and don't need resists on rings. I am a bit reluctant to put pts in str to wear a spirit shield or stromshield. What gear to help the guy ?

Questions:
Does might merc and HoW enhance summons dmg like with Necro skellies?

Thx all and Yup yup for DIII

KellKheraptis

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Help finishing my 1st druid: stats and skills+ gear

Yes, Might and HoW both enhance the damage of summons. With maxed Dire Wolf, your Grizzly will be the uber tank from hell, so unless you want him as a prime damage dealer, don't bother adding any more to him. Lycanthropy will add a whole mess of life, so that's where my vote goes for maxing next. If your AR looks good, then go for the Griz, otherwise add more to Werewolf. Also, if you feel the need to do more damage, go titan (or semi-titan as the case may be). That shield probably takes care of your resistance needs, though if you can make a high res Sanctuary, you'll be stellar. Between that and Jalal's you'll hit the 42% bp, which is plenty for pvm, and opens the hat up for more resists or more life. With all the life leech, I wouldn't recommend going with atma's amulet (ironically), as it's not an ironclad solution to PI's, though it works very well 99% of the time. Try and get a Baranar's Star, shael it, and get a Tiamat's Rebuke, with ele jewel of your choice. This is what I used to do in 1.09 for PI's, and it would absolutely shred anything PI in one or two furies. Try em both out, and if you can stomach the constant overriding curses, go for atma's, and if not, snag that switch. You already prebuff a lot, so it would only add like 2 seconds throwing the scythe in stash and grabbing the stick n' board. Welcome aboard, and hope this helps! Awrooo!!!

~Kell

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks Kell for the advice.
I'll pump up Lycanthropy as Iron Maiden gave me some frustration in Chaos.
I tried baranar but will probably convert it to Azurewrath and get a tiamat. I threw so many tiamat :whistling: thinking I would never need one.

Sanctuary is indeed a shield I never though about. Nice tip.

What about the stats ? where should I put my remaining pts : Life?

Apparently , with Grief PB 38 and nosferatu I hit the 9/5/5/5/5 fury animation.Is it good ? with OIAS, SIAS, werewolf IAS, I am a bit lost to identify what is the next bp and what I miss to hit it. At prebuff lvl werewolf is 22.

Last edited:

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member

For the record, Lycan won't save you from Maiden.

With Grief PB you CAN'T hit anything faster than 9/5 Fury.

zeskelnec

Diabloii.Net Member

Indeed, that's why I'll run chaos with azure to get less damage than Grief. Lycan may pump enough life to avoid as well being killed by azure IM' ed.

Good to know about the 9/5...although a bit under zealot capabilities ...and I do not like the slow druid animation which does not seem to correspond to sound and displayed dmg on monsters' life bar. But I don't want to be too picky.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member

Just put a point into Hunger and you'll be fine to swing with Grief >.>