help finding present for an orphan

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
help finding present for an orphan

at my school, our community service club organizes a gift donation to local city orphan children each year. People who want to give can pick up a small sheet of paper with the child's name and age and a give request.

I picked one up this year and it's a 16 year old girl.. and she wants a "boombag."

I googled that up and i think it's a backback with speakers built in. Can anyone confirm that?

The second choice would be a dvd movie. Does anyone have any good suggestions for recent movies for a 16 year old girl? Thanks.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow, get her My Little Pony for $2.50 instead of this bizarre and no doubt costly boombag thing...

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I am not sure I can offer any help. If you want you can usually pick another person instead.

Wow, get her My Little Pony for $2.50 instead of this bizarre and no doubt costly boombag thing...
Where is the Christmas spirit??

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
The second choice would be a dvd movie. Does anyone have any good suggestions for recent movies for a 16 year old girl? Thanks.
That's a bit outside my area of specialty . . . Does she have a collection of DVDs already? If you aren't confident in choosing one, or you don't want to double up on something she has already, an amazon.com certificate is one way to let her get one she wants. Lacks the personal touch though, maybe. You can get one printed and mailed out instead of sent in an email though.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
gift for a sixteen year old girl? really shot yourself in the foot on this one

well I see the thing on clearance for $225

I'm hoping it means something else...

I do see an ipod carrying case closer to the $35 range

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, if she's 16 then she's most likely going to have tastes in movies of some kind so buying DVDs is going to be problematic.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
I found one using Froogle for about $40 plus shipping and there are a couple on ebay. Other than that, if you want to get her a DVD then give a gift card to a store where she can pick out one she likes.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
at my school, our community service club organizes a gift donation to local city orphan children each year. People who want to give can pick up a small sheet of paper with the child's name and age and a give request.

I picked one up this year and it's a 16 year old girl.. and she wants a "boombag."

I googled that up and i think it's a backback with speakers built in. Can anyone confirm that?

I love bags -- idk why -- I recommend getting a Kipling or Tumi if they carry a boombag. That will make that 16 year old very happy.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member