Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help deciding on my first Necro build--

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by FathomFear, Jun 27, 2005.

1. FathomFear

FathomFear IncGamers Member

Help deciding on my first Necro build--

Hey all--

I just created a Necro today and have yet to invest any skill points into him. I am having a very difficult time deciding what build to go with, so I thought I'd ask you guys for your learned opinions. :clap:

First, I'll list what I'm looking for in a build:
    - Can solo Hell
    - Has average to above average MFing capabilities
    - Has above average PvP capabilities without sacrificing too much in the PvM department (as I enjoy playing with friends and killing stuff).
    - Is FUN to play! :)

I have many good items at my disposal (Enigma, charms, etc) that I have found/built with other characters...so for the most part gear will not be a deciding factor.

Any thoughts? I have read all the guilds in the sticky and still haven't been able to make a firm decision. What would you guys go with...and also keep in mind that this will be my first Necro.

Thanks!

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Bonemancers can do all that. I don't know about the MF, but the rest it will do well. Since I'm not into PvP I can't say for certain how well every build will do in PvP, but a Skelliemancer isn't usually considered a PvP character. The hybrids could do well in both PvP and PvM I imagine.

3. Alientank

Alientank IncGamers Member

I'd like to step in and just ask, the skellimancer in this guide here http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=509 can that solo hell and do MF'ing? I just want him to be able to solo hell baal and have decent levels of MF to take him down.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Real easy like. That build is ideal to play when you have no good equipment or are starting to learn the Necromancer class. It is real forgiving and doesn't require a lot of work. The +skills you need in Hell can be easily found and gambled for.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Summoners are great beginning MFers.

I don't think a summoner is going to be real hot for PvP though, although I've heard the occasional claim that they can be.

The problem with Bone Necros is that they can't equip a ton of MF gear before starting to hurt their damage and getting good resists on them is a challenge of its own. However they don't really need a powerful merc so you could compensate on bosses by letting a merc with lots of MF gear take the kills after you've damaged them down to a sliver. I've never used one but the barb mercs are supposed to get a lot more life. If they can hold two Ali Babas, that should work out pretty nicely. I would go with a nonmarrowed bonemancer so you can equip War Travs.

6. Blanket Thief

Blanket Thief IncGamers Member

Gasp! Nobody has yet to talk about a Poisonmancer/daggermancer. MFing may be a bit hard in hell (I honestly don't know, as i've never really tried to do much in hell with mine). You'll be good in PvP (w00t! No damage reduction!). You don't even have to switch equipment to go from PvP to PvM (A handy quirk to have). Is fun to play (Even more fun, if your sadistic/lazy, or even both).

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Poison bites for MF and is lousy at killing bosses.