Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

HELP! CD key is currently being used: Not a temp ban! Need new suggestions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by TheDarkKnight, Apr 13, 2008.

1. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight IncGamers Member

HELP! CD key is currently being used: Not a temp ban! Need new suggestions

Your CD key is currently being used by: TheDarkKnight (ME !? LOL)

Its been two weeks and Im still getting the same message, I've tried all recommendations already given in past threads:

Only one registered instance of this application can use this CD key at a time. If your connection to battlenet was just interrupted, please wait 5 mins before trying to connect again. B-net thinks Im still connected for some reason.

So I wait five mins, ok wait for it I'll try again now, ok now that I am able to log in, I join games and it kicks me out of games after approx 44 secs, then I rejoin over and over expecting a differnet result (the definition of insanity), finally mercifully it boots me from the program with the error.

Diablo II Error
    Halt
    Location , line # 1646
    Expressin : Unrecoverable internal error 6fe2137c

Start program again, log back in, enter game, 44 sec later…. Your connection has been interrupted.

So I uninstall D2 and I know it doesn’t fix this error to just unistall and reinstall because of one week of experince so….

Ok so next I try to clean up any outstanding little breadcrumbs of D2 still on my computer, any folders, files anything related to D2, Maps, even saved character files

I reinstall to a completely new path:

For example the default is something like

C:\\ Program files\Diablo2

So I’ll try:

C:\\ Program files\D2\Diablo2

I’m able to play for a night… …..maybe

Log off, shut down

Next day, play 5 mins (at most ) … kicked out of B-net…

Your CD key is currently being used by: TheDarkKnight

Ok enough is enough…I want this solved completely. I played D2 for 4 months straight, no problems besides the odd temp honest player ban for muling tooo many games in and out ...grrrrrrrrr. Unstalled once and reinstalled is all.

What is causing this, if the problem is in my computer because of a trail left by prior installations then how do I clear them all completely.

Is there a program or clean up utility that i can run on my computer that will clean out everything about D2 so I can have a fresh state reinstalling D2 and see?

I do not run programs in the background. Except a window to the arreat summit to reference stats while trading.

Thanks

TheDarkKnight

2. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Re: HELP! CD key is currently being used: Not a temp ban! Need new suggestions

I only read the top 2 lines :) . But I think D2 is still running in the background. Open taskmanager (ctrl + alt + del) and quit the program manually. That should solve the problem.

3. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight IncGamers Member

Re: HELP! CD key is currently being used: Not a temp ban! Need new suggestions

Thanks, ended the program manually and re-entered b-net but darn it it didn't work but I realized there was one simple thing I had not tried.

After manully ending the program again, Shut down and reboot.

Just for good measure I tried what you suggested then shutdown and reboot re-enter b-net and Volia I've been in a game for about 30 mins now

Thanks your right D2 must be running in the background all that time and I never shut down my computer for two weeks makes total sense