Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: block on my Sin

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by HCKull, Sep 5, 2006.

1. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Help: block on my Sin

I lost my last trapper in a1 hell because I had low block. I was using ancient pledge kite shield with low dext. The rest of my gear was pretty good. I had over 2k life, max resists with fade, SM at lvl 17 and a2 HF merc with infinity.

I was entering 2nd lvl of the pit and encountered LI archers. My merc and SM decided to take a nap. LS and DS did not do anything. Then I got amp'ed and 3 quick hits and it was all over.

I decided that I need to make some changes on my next sin. This time, after getting traps to be good killers, I am developing melee skills with DT and DF and getting max block.

One side is CTA+shield for traps and the other claw+claw for melee. I have a unique kite shield with +1 pally and pdiamond for 34% rez and only getting like 18% block. Claws have 42% block as 1 claw has +2 block.

I know that I need to replace my shield and get block to 75%. Thinking I would get the wistims (sp?) with 25% rez and 2 sockets. Not sure how much block for claw side.

What should I do ?

Kull

2. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

You should not develop melee skills (in hell, you're traps won't be good enough) and just go with whatever you can use to keep your at 75% block (Whitstan's is a good choice.)

Also, I can't believe you were using infinity and Ancient's pledge.

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Either max block with a shield or high Weapon Block with dual claws; not both.

DTalon can be decent as a back-up if you get a good deal of Crushing Blow, but other than that I wouldn't bother.

4. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Well, I had max resists and trapper only so no fighting. It worked pretty good until I died. LOL.

So, no melee and traps won't work well in hell ? Your saying I should stay out of hell ?

Kull

5. Samsung

Samsung Banned

He's saying you shouldn't go melee and traps because your traps won't be doing good damage to kill fast in hell.

6. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

And by kill fast, I mean, you'll throw out 5 of them run in circles avoiding death, rinse and repeat about 3 times.

You could get 2 +3 trap claws or +2 sin skills and go claw block.

But mostly, you don't even need block. Just make ample use of cloak of shadows and mind blast while trapping everything.

7. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

My idea is to:

1) Use traps for most of work.

2) For LI and Bosses I use DF to focus merc+SM and use crush blow with DT to help.

I guess I should drop my HOTO and shield and use claws only. +3 skills is hard to let go.

8. Samsung

Samsung Banned

I take it you are a rich player?
    If so just use the following gear..
    Hoto/stormshield
    Shako
    Maras or rare/crafted sin/trap ammy
    trangs gloves
    enigma
    sandstorm treks or waterwalks (shadowdancers req to much str)
    Tgods
    You could use any of the following ring combo's:
    U can use any rings u want either sojs or a raven and dwarf or a wisp and soj or anything lol.