Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help! Axe wwer in trouble!

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by JanusJones, May 27, 2005.

1. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Help! Axe wwer in trouble!

Hey all. I just recently built my first real barb - a cookie-cutter wwer. He's got an ebotd zerker, stormshield, arreat's, etc. In any case, he's only managing about 1-2.5k ww damage and doesn't seem to be too effective. What am I doing wrong? How can I improve his damage?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

2. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

You should first tell us all your skills, items used, and stats. Then you need to tell is what kind of charms you have. Then your resists in hell.

You might just have a really low ebotd zerk.

Also tell us how you are not being effective as well. Like if you get killed alot. Where do you get killed?

3. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Similarly, what is your level, and what are you trying to fight? What act/difficulty?

With damage that low, it doesn't sound like you have an ethereal botd, but rather just a regular one.

-Hal

4. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

If this is pvm, ditch the shield, and get another axe, even a non eth deathcleaver or something will do, u will notice an improvement in killing speed instantaneously.

5. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

That damage seems extremely low. With my 390% ebotd BA and no +max charms (i use ar/life scs, I should try to change that :lol: ) I get something like 1500-4700 dmg. Like the others said, precise equipment+stats+skill distribution please :)

HoD

6. Darknicrofia

Darknicrofia IncGamers Member

ditch the ss for a beast bezerker axe, you'll improve damage by alot, read some guides in the foruems too, they are extremely helpful

7. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Did you max both WW and axe mastery?

Seriously, with 1 mastery Gc, my WW barb pulls 2.5K with an eth balrog blade Oath (2 handed), using as a 1 handed weapon...(I'm trying to get decent weapons now..lol)

Even with the crappiest Ebotd Zerker if you maxed mastery and WW you should have much higher dmg...

8. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

my ebotd 1 handed ww dmg with bvb gear on is like 4.7k :lol:. then again im OW build.
    that dmg with OW is more than enough for bvb or if you want an autowin vs any melee char.
    however vs other builds, using ebotd+beast+dracs will provide sufficient dmg to take down anyone.

9. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

I have a 200 strength with gear, my axe is Eth (though a crappy spawn - low ED), max WW, max axe mastery, max BO. Level 75, plenty of skill points left, a Vit with gear of around 250 (about 2.5k life after BO). I lied, my damage is around 3k max with WW - after buffs. I would ditch the SS for a Beast but I'm too poor. I don't have the best equip possible (most of my really great stuff is on another character) - two rare +rez all, +AR, +dex type rings, eye of etlich, verdungoes, upped goblin toes, shaftstop with a 30% ed jewel, SS, ebotd.

It seems to take forever for things to die in Hell. This character has been taking forever (compared to my other best characters - a Strafer, Shockadin, and Poisonmancer - all speedy level clearers) killing things, and I'm starting to wonder what's going on.

Can anyone figure this out? I know my equip isn't the best possible, but even so this guy seems SO underpowered - especially given what everyone seems to think about WW axe barbs.

10. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Switch out that amulet for Highlord's - it's affordable and will up your damage output immensely. A might merc can also help, and I'd trade out the goblin toes for Gore Riders.

max damage charms would help a lot too, as would new armor. With stormshield and verdungo's, you don't need shaftstop at all. Duress is awesome and affordable. If you have more to spend, Enigma or Fortitude.

-Hal

11. Lich It

Lich It IncGamers Member

I would trade that ebotdz for a higher ebotdcb, they are less popular but awesome for ww barb. Use 2 handed for some big damage and ditch your shield, you don't need it for pvm. If u can afford a crappy Fortitude, 25% resist is fine, you will dominate pvm and can even hold your own in an 8 player game.