Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help: Anoyed by merc dying (trapsin)

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by whathappen, Feb 1, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

Help: Anoyed by merc dying (trapsin)

I made a lighting MF trapsin, clvl 75, hell act 1. Assi is fantastic and have collected quite a few goldy things. But I am really anoyed by how much the merc dies. Merc uses tal rasha head (10% life leach), duriel shell, and a 90-200+ polearm with amn (7% life leach). I'd say that is decent equipment. The merc is a HF merc and elemental resists are 65+. I keep spanning mind blast but still it dies frequently. I have also maxed SM and she ends up doing the tanking and quite well (yes I spawn MB). I read the guides and people suggest these mercs. I am tempted to get a act 1 rogue, I have decent bows. Any coments appreciated.

2. VoDoo_X

VoDoo_X IncGamers Member

It makes a difference where your lvl'ing him. I mean if hes lvl 38 doing act 1 hell -.-. Try doing lower places. I usualy lvl all my merc in act 5 bloody runs nm.

3. whathappen

Oh forgot to mention. He is lvl 75 just like the main char

4. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Which monsters cause your Merc the most trouble?

Also, your Merc's polearm is a bit low in terms of damage. Your best bet right now would be the Reaper's Toll.

5. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo IncGamers Member

Heh. My level 91 holy freeze merc uses a 60 damage woestave. Yeah I know the damage is sad, but hey, this thing has godly mods: slow monster by 50% PVM, open wounds, etc. He does around 500 damage with it and with the 35% crushing blow and 15% deadly strike from guillames face, he manages to kill things by himself in 8 players hell.

Anyway back to the topic. The only advice I could give you is to go slowly in order to avoid getting too many monsters on you since many bosses spawn in hell and many of those are sometimes fanatism/might/cursed and will kick your merc's sandy butt.

Happy gaming.
    CowGoesMoo

6. whathappen

You are right. I'll try to go slower and yes the problem are the boses that go i groups with more than 1 aura.

7. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Also fast recovery is verry valueable for mercs since the don't retreat and need to keep hitting to leech and stay alive. try keeping recovery above 34%.

8. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

Spikes

Are you depending only on your lighting traps? I found spaming lightning Spikes helps my merc alot. They actually do a decent amount of damage- not enought to kill but it weaks the whole pack surronding my merc and enables him to kill faster.

9. Anidem

Anidem Banned

the best thing about shock web is that it doesn't count against your trap count. you can spam it at will.