help against trapper

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Logan said:
Use items with mods that increase the max lit res...and absorb.

Thundergods are godly vs. lit trappers...

And if Im not completely wrong, Whisp Projector got absorb as well, with enough the trapper ends up healing you...

Logan

I believe sorb is capped actually at 40%, and I'd like to see the math on how a 40K damage light sorc can heal you regardless of what you're wearing.

Trapesins are rarely hard for a good bvc. Check the guides and see how your barb matches up. Somethings missing.

sheepe2004

Diabloii.Net Member
calibansfury said:
I believe sorb is capped actually at 40%, and I'd like to see the math on how a 40K damage light sorc can heal you regardless of what you're wearing.

Trapesins are rarely hard for a good bvc. Check the guides and see how your barb matches up. Somethings missing.
40k dmg
pvp penalty = 6 2/3 k
95% resist = 1/3 k
40% absorb (80% less dmg) = 67 damage
20 + 20 straight absorb = -13 damage on a perfect hit

easily attained with tgods, 2 wisps, blackhorns face and guardian angel.

You could take off some of that since most hits will only do ~20k damage. Trappers are even easier since they do around 12k at most.

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
sheepe2004 said:
40k dmg
pvp penalty = 6 2/3 k
95% resist = 1/3 k
40% absorb (80% less dmg) = 67 damage
20 + 20 straight absorb = -13 damage on a perfect hit

easily attained with tgods, 2 wisps, blackhorns face and guardian angel.

You could take off some of that since most hits will only do ~20k damage. Trappers are even easier since they do around 12k at most.
What's 6 2/3K? I thought pvp penalty was 10%

Where does the 20+20 straight absorb come from? Tgods and...

So with enigma, tgods and 85% light resists (assuming facets dont bring you below this, and this is a more common setup for bvc, since wisps are pricey and g-angel is a medium armor I think, so you lose teleport and a lot of foot speed to run down a quick sin), what kind of damage would an individual be taking?

Bigrob

Banned
calibansfury said:
What's 6 2/3K? I thought pvp penalty was 10%

Where does the 20+20 straight absorb come from? Tgods and...

So with enigma, tgods and 85% light resists (assuming facets dont bring you below this, and this is a more common setup for bvc, since wisps are pricey and g-angel is a medium armor I think, so you lose teleport and a lot of foot speed to run down a quick sin), what kind of damage would an individual be taking?
pvp penalty is 17%, so 1/6.

if u have 3000 dmg, u will deal 510 to another player.

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
pvp penalty is 17%, so 1/6.

if u have 3000 dmg, u will deal 510 to another player.

Ok, so with no absorb other than tgods it's:

40K light damage*.17=6800 damage
6800 damage vs 85% resists=1020 damage
no wisps
20 straight absorb from tgods (apparently doubles the amount?)=980 damage taken from a perfect hit. At 20K average you're looking at roughly 490 pts damage per blast.

With wisps, vs max blast: 1020 *80% reduction = 204 damage
with tgods absorb = 124 damage?

If this were the case, that means if I were a barb with 5500 life I could take 44 perfect 40K blasts from a light sorc before I die. 44?!?! That just doesn't sound right to me. Does it to any of you? Because if this is true, I'm getting some wisps! But I'm thinking that doubling the absorb to reduce damage may not be correct, but then, I'm not known for my exceptional mathematical ability, or Rainman like memorization of the stats tables for each item's attributes. I can see how vs a trapesin, if the above were true, you could utterly negate anything they could do to you. And that sounds like fun if they're bm'in tg'in chumps....

Any clarity on this sorb issue would be greatly appreciated--

calibansfury
uswest ladder

Bigrob

Banned
yes, with tgod + wisp the sorc cant even hurt u.

absorb is capped at 40%, which is already enough to negate all elemental attacks with max res.

As i say before, all sorcs are ez when u stack resist + absorb.

Sh4dovv

Banned
Bigrob said:
yes, with tgod + wisp the sorc cant even hurt u.

absorb is capped at 40%, which is already enough to negate all elemental attacks with max res.

As i say before, all sorcs are ez when u stack resist + absorb.
that is why absorb is wrong

how can u complain that dr% is bad? its capped at 50%, the most u can do is halve ur opponents dmg. absorb can not only destroy all dmg, but make it heal you

Bigrob

Banned
Sh4dovv said:
that is why absorb is wrong

how can u complain that dr% is bad? its capped at 50%, the most u can do is halve ur opponents dmg. absorb can not only destroy all dmg, but make it heal you
It's wrong when against ur friends where manner takes place. In pubs? who cares.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
It's wrong when against ur friends where manner takes place. In pubs? who cares.
Question:

If you had found a glitch that allowed you to always kill everyone and never die yourself, would you use it for your duels? Would you consider it good fun to go through game after game winning every last duel without trying, no matter how skilled your opponents?

Bigrob

Banned
Speederländer said:
Question:

If you had found a glitch that allowed you to always kill everyone and never die yourself, would you use it for your duels? Would you consider it good fun to go through game after game winning every last duel without trying, no matter how skilled your opponents?
That's what im saying. Against a good one, (ppl that are nice and manner) I wont be mean as hell. But since most ppl in pubs are jerks, i just do this to freak them out. I met a good one once in a while and i give them my manner to play with for real. Otherwise, no no.

Beside in pubs, they call it "pk," so literally is not a "duel"

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
That's what im saying. Against a good one, (ppl that are nice and manner) I wont be mean as hell. But since most ppl in pubs are jerks, i just do this to freak them out. I met a good one once in a while and i give them my manner to play with for real. Otherwise, no no.
I don't know. Most of the people I meet in pubs are ok. There are jerks but the reasonable people outnumber them by quite a lot. Usually, if there's a disagreement, all you have to do is talk to the person involved in a friendly manner. I kind of get the feeling you don't give anyone much of a chance to be nice in the first place though.

Beside in pubs, they call it "pk," so literally is not a "duel"
Who are "they"?

Bigrob

Banned
Speederländer said:
Who are "they"?
ppl makes game call pk, not duel. Like pk19 or pk101, there are few times ive seen "manner duel" or "friendly duel" games.

Well, most ppl just make a game like "i own u all noob" or "come pk noob." So i assume the maker is a jerk and when i get in, seriously, he cried so much when i beat him. And trust me, ive seen alot of games like this.

Im not saying all ppl in pubs are bad, but some of them are just really piss u off. (nk all over the place and cry too much)

pk and duel are two different types of game. pk = player killer, where no manner takes place. u beat with everything u can throw at them, just to "kill" other players.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
ppl makes game call pk, not duel. Like pk19 or pk101, there are few times ive seen "manner duel" or "friendly duel" games.

Well, most ppl just make a game like "i own u all noob" or "come pk noob." So i assume the maker is a jerk and when i get in, seriously, he cried so much when i beat him. And trust me, ive seen alot of games like this.

Im not saying all ppl in pubs are bad, but some of them are just really piss u off. (nk all over the place and cry too much)

pk and duel are two different types of game. pk = player killer, where no manner takes place. u beat with everything u can throw at them, just to "kill" other players.
95% of bnet doesn't differentiate between the words "duel" and "pk". I can go in a game called "ladder pk" or a game called "ladder duel" (or the non-ladder equivalents) and duel people who are equally ok. I see no greater number of jerks in a pk game than I do in a duel game.

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
no2fakeshakes said:
you can still die if u have 50% dr, compared to absorb which can heal if if you have "too" much absorb.

Additionally, there isn't a skill that "reduces enemies physical damage resistance by 150%". Foh anyone?

Druss the Legend

Diabloii.Net Member
yo dude, just build a auradin with hoj, dragon, dragon, maras, and etc. I have NEVER lost to a trapper yet, and believe me i have fought some of the best. dont believe me trappers? come find me *madmankevinx