help against trapper

derderderderderk

Diabloii.Net Member
help against trapper

hey guys, i need some advices against a friend's assassin trapper (lightning)...the traps are very deadly and even with my maxed res, i can barely take 2 hits...and i'm kind of new in PVM...so i'm not sure what to do against him (neither of us have any runewords so enigma, etc. is out of the subject =) ) any advices for me =)? sorry if this was already posted before

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
We need to know your character first. Usually all it takes to beat a trapper is a tgod and enough resist to get that 85% light resist.

HoD

zeplin

Diabloii.Net Member
if ur a mele character use tgods, if ur a caster use tgods, and or if u can afford it, wisp protector or and guardian angel

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Sh4dovv said:
absorb is usually looked down on

the best thing to do is use a 4xLO shield
One piece of absorb shouldn't bother anyone. If people can't cope with one piece of absorb and start nagging about it, they get squelched ^_^

HoD

BowMama

Banned
derderderderderk said:
hey guys, i need some advices...
4 socket shield wiyh 4 pefrect topazes will work. I mean this is very cheap, everyone can afford it.
Use wisp projector if you can get one. Even better: use 2 of them + Tgods + 11%LR scs.

Not nice? C'mon... Who cares? It works. When i played against my friend's trap assa my setup was even worse ;)
I had a poison amazon, and he (my friend!!!!!) said i should not use absorb because its not fair. Later that day after a couple of pints he mentioned that he was drinking antidote potions during our fight, and asking me not to use light absorb in the same time. And he is a FRIEND of mine. Lol... So thats why i personally just dont give a flying f... about people's complaints any more.

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Sh4dovv said:

the best thing to do is use a 4xLO shield
No one other than a noobish and weepy sin is going to cry about Tgods (the timeless classic "cry? cry more plz" is always a great response to "you're sorbing!"--use it often). If you go with tgods and wisps, that's fine for bad mannered chumps (as many sins and arrogant light sorcs are) who you want to drive out of the room, but generally one piece of absorb shouldn't give anyone too much heartache.

Also, carrying excessive gear like an anti-light shield is unnecessary for just dealing with annoying light sorcs and trapesins.

If you're dying that fast, first, check your resists. Between your natural resist level, your tgods and highlords you should be at 85 light resist, or close to it. If that doesn't get you there (I think I get to 79 with that setup), try to get some 10%fcr rings with light resists on them. You need the fcr anyway to pop around fast enough to avoid getting shocked, or to tele away between shocks. A third alternative would be some boots with frw and light resist (and preferably fire for fire sorcs if you're having trouble with resists). Just a 2x2 item to keep in the trunk, and will come in handy vs javas too. What gear are you using, and what's your resists at with your gear on?

Second, if your resists are at 85 and you're still having problems (probably vs light sorcs with facets, so you need to compensate with stacking resists), then you need to check your vita. My barb takes seemingly dozens of blasts from high level, high speed sins, so your vitality may be too low to really be a dangerous bvc barb. How much vita do you have after BO?

Third, your fhr may be low, so try to get it to the 48%bp through items and charms. It doesn't do any good have high resist and high life if you're going to just stand in a crossfire of lightning due to hit recovery.

Fourth--tactics, man, tactics. Your footspeed, from either items, charms, enigma, increased speed or all of the above should help you greatly here. Don't charge into a U shape array of lightning traps, that's the idiot's way to attack. The light only shoots so fast, and if you're moving in a circular motion, the blasts will be hitting the dirt your heels are kicking up. Chase the sin out from hiding behind his traps, tele, ww (short, dont give him time to drop more traps because you were dumb enough to namelock him), leap, tele and ww again. Or, tele close to make him bolt, then switch to widowmaker to pelt him, or dual dooms for slow, then tele and kill.

Good luck!

calibansfury
uswest ladder

soul-eater

Diabloii.Net Member
Use Gaurdian Angel And Thunder God That,ll Put Ur Res Up To 95 Which Is What I Use And Trappers Dont Bother Me.

Hope It Helps

mdkkns

Diabloii.Net Member
If you're really only duelling against a trapper, i'd suggest the following:

1) Guardian (since you've said Engima's out) (Umed)
2) Blackhorn (Umed)
3) T-Gods
4) Good resist shield
5) Rings/ammy/boots/gloves with lite res
6) Lite res scs (or gcs if low budget)

and you'll laugh in the trapper's face. This is prolly the lowest budget stuff you can ever get in duelling trappers. If he has lite jewels or something that lowers ur res, calculate it and top it off. You should be almost immune after that.

Herosis

Diabloii.Net Member
Sh4dovv said:
this is one thing i dont understand. Everyone is fine if someone is using a ber-ber Coa, a bered SS, 15 dr dungos, and anything else they can put on for damage reduction, but if you have too much absorb "its frowned upon". Tell me what the point of PvP is if you cant use everything at your disposal because "its frowned upon". Im not flaming you shadovv, so dont take it like that. I see this from a lot of people in the realms. It just puzzles me is all.

no2fakeshakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Herosis said:
this is one thing i dont understand. Everyone is fine if someone is using a ber-ber Coa, a bered SS, 15 dr dungos, and anything else they can put on for damage reduction, but if you have too much absorb "its frowned upon". Tell me what the point of PvP is if you cant use everything at your disposal because "its frowned upon". Im not flaming you shadovv, so dont take it like that. I see this from a lot of people in the realms. It just puzzles me is all.
moderate absorb is ok, but when max absorb heals another, whats the fun in dueling when you are god against another character? but then again, some ppl only care about winning...

lCE

Diabloii.Net Member
Guess what, decent trappers can still hurt you with maxed MB if your DR is lacking or use a maxed fireblast on u.

calibansfury

Diabloii.Net Member
Herosis said:

Totally fair question. I think its hilarious that bliz sorcs who can take you from max resists to -100 will complain about ravens, or fire sorcs who socket everything they can with facets complain about sorb, or fohers, auradins, etc who can reduce your ability to resist their attack (almost all of which require no skill, no aiming). You'll get called noob, sorbing _____, anything and everything, but what they're really complaining about is your ability to negate their characters dominance. Sure, sorcs can tele seemingly indefinitely, sins can run like the wind in circles around their traps, and both have area effect weapons capable of thousands of points of damage and can ruin your resists, but like ICE said, a good blizz sorc can still crush you despite max cold resist and two ravens, a good fire sorc will still kill you with two dwarfs, and a good trapper can still fry you with wisps on. Yes, it takes longer, and maybe that's upsetting to them, but if you're taking damage, then its fair enough. Unless they're so weak you actually heal--well,in that case you dont need sorb anyway.

My rule, no sorb but tgods (just all around handy belt), unless I'm vs more than one sorc, then all bets are off if they're teaming. People dont cry too much over just one piece, like I said. But, like using clegs or knockback on a zon, using heavy poison when bvb, using iron maiden vs a barb when your'e a necro (gg, you just stalemated the duel, he now lives by running constantly and not attacking, and you never get close enough to hurt him with spears/spirits)---all of these things are just generally considered bad manners. But, as blob said, there's no rules in pubbys, so if you can take their complaining (squelch is handy here), then use whatever you want. I also think that if the equipment is in the game, it's fair to use it, and let everyone else deal with it. People are still complaining about barbs with enigma for cryin out loud, dont expect for people to stop crying....

no2fakeshakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Herosis said:
you can still die if u have 50% dr, compared to absorb which can heal if if you have "too" much absorb. now tell me, whats the point of dueling then? this probably explains why more and more people make hammerdins and bone necros..

Logan

Diabloii.Net Member
Use items with mods that increase the max lit res...and absorb.

Thundergods are godly vs. lit trappers...

And if Im not completely wrong, Whisp Projector got absorb as well, with enough the trapper ends up healing you...

Logan

no2fakeshakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Logan said:
Use items with mods that increase the max lit res...and absorb.

Thundergods are godly vs. lit trappers...

And if Im not completely wrong, Whisp Projector got absorb as well, with enough the trapper ends up healing you...

Logan
because people with this idea of nothing but winning more ppl make unabsorbable chars to deal with his massive absorb nonsense