Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help a new Zealot o.O

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by drunkoncheese, Mar 23, 2004.

1. drunkoncheese

drunkoncheese IncGamers Member

Help a new Zealot o_O

Building my first ever high level Pally. Hasn't been made yet, so all of these are open for change. Just looking for the most effective PvM build possible, based on skills and equipment.

Equipment
    Helm: Vampire Gaze (UM'd)
    Armor: Dusk CoH
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp
    Boots: War Traveler's
    Weapon: Stormlash (SHAEL'd)
    Shield: HoZ (UM'd)
    Amulet: Highlord's/Seraph's (Which one? -.-)
    Belt: String of Ears/Verdungo's (Which?)
    Ring1: Ravenfrost
    Ring2: Trying to find a nice LL ring, otherwise Carrion maybe.

Skills
    (20) Zeal
    (20) Fanaticism
    (20) Sacrifice
    (20) Holy Shield
    (1) Useful stuff

Merc: Act2 HF Merc
    Armor: ETH Shaftstop
    Helm: Vampire Gaze
    Weapon: Bonehew/Reaper's Toll/xxx

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance ^.^

2. ChumpChimp

ChumpChimp IncGamers Member

Heh, I'm not great with zealots but I'll be happy to level with you since I'm starting my new acct :lol: :rant:

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

that stuff looks nice..i would def go verdungos over string since with draculs you dont really need LL..i mean once it activates u ahve like 50% ll rigth there..plus the huge LL on em as well, also highlords over seraphs...teh deadly strike chances are nice

oh and u should um ur SS..shaelin it doesnt do anything since it already reaches teh fastest blok rate or sumthin like that...i might be wrong though

4. eviljr.

eviljr. IncGamers Member

He has an SS?

5. drunkoncheese

Chump: Sure, I'd be glad to run around with you ^.^

I'm not quite sure what you're talking about? I don't have SS o_O :)

6. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

ahh crap i see..i read it a bit wrong and too fast...thought it said Stormshield and not Stormlash..my bad haha

7. might

might IncGamers Member

I'd personally go for Um'd Guillaume's Face and Gore Riders. With Stormlash, you'd own hard :p
    Crushing blow on zealots works wonders. :D

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Go with gore riders boots highlords wrath. Your sheild is fine the hoz with the um. Don't um the vamp tho. You would be better off getting your hands on some resist all sc or a 15% resist all jewel with a second mod. And when you can do a LO rune in the stormlash not a sheal.

9. drunkoncheese

Thanks guys.

I'm probably gonna have a Guillame's in stash, also switching out War Trav's for Goreriders. What do you guys think about Crown of Ages for this build? ^.^ I might try and get my hands on one.

10. laban

laban Banned

My zealot uses CoA, but thats more of a style thing I guess, I simply can't stand the visuals of gaze. Ok, not really. I find the CoA to be more usefull than gaze, in my build anyway, as it provides more res and 2 sockets free to use in whatever way. I suggest nice all res jewels with usefull 2. mods, or if you already reach max, then go for more dmg. The leech on gaze isn't really usefull since it was nerfed considerably in 1.10. And the DR is more or less the same.

Personally I prefer eth BotD over stormlash. I would also recommend using an Exile runeword over HoZ. The Lifetap from Dracul's might not suffice, and when you are wearing CoA and Verdungo's (less leech) you will want the lifetap to trigger as often as possible.

Regarding Hireling I would highly suggest not going with a HF one. It is much more efficient to hire a Might merc. and slap a Doom weapon on him. That way the both of you will have 4 effective auras i.e. Might, Fanaticism, Holy Freeze and Defiance (provided that you go with Exile).

These suggestions are of couse only applicable provided that you have the financial means to actually obtain these items. The build/setup you suggested will be more than viable even in hell. By the way, if you go with the build you suggest, a HF merc. isn't a bad idea. He will help you slow the monsters unlike a Might merc (without Doom), and will suit the more defensive player well.

A note on skill selection. Considering you are going to max. HS I recommend points in Defiance as well. Defiance is a synergy for HS and will provide 15% enhanced defense per point. You should also be aware of the new hidden passive bonuses tied to Blessed Aim and the single resistance auras. Each point invested in Blessed Aim gives you an additional 5% extra AR, and this bonus applies regardless of whether you have the aura active or not. The Single res. auras will give you +1 max. res per 2 points invested in that particular skill i.e. 10 points in Resist Cold would result in an increase of 5 to max cold resist. This applies when the aura is not active. If the aura is active the ratio is +1 max res. per 1 point in the skill, meaning that, in the above example, you would have an increase of 10 to max cold resist when having Resist Cold as your active aura.

Hope this helps and have fun with your Zealot :thumbsup:

Regards
    laban