Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Help a brudda out! Answer some newbies questions.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Nephyte, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Nephyte

Nephyte IncGamers Member

Help a brudda out! Answer some newbies questions.

Some noobiesh questions~

1) Small Charms: I'm assuming I can keep rolling them and get 6-7% MF charms correct? What charms should I use for this?

2) Jewels: Assuming I was looking for some really fantastic luck, and wanted to roll Jewels as well, is it possible to reroll a jewel into a */* facet for Fire or Cold? Again, what jewels (from what areas..) should I be using for this.

3) Same goes for looking for Sorcerer GC's as the above two.

4) ummm ... (edit) 0I had more like 4 or 5 more questions, and I can't remember a (edit) one now. Assuming I wanted to trade for some runes, what're some good ways to attempt and protect myself from Dupes? What exactly happens if I do get dupes? Like say I trade for two IST's and throw them in a Baba.... Do I lose the whole Baba, or just the Ist's?

2. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Can't roll a Facet. :(

Rolling skillers is possible. I would use Grands found in NM act3 or best would be a Grand that hell Baal dropped. With the Baal charm you have a chance to get good mods with your skiller.

If you get duped runes and they disappear it is only the runes that go not the gear.

Best if you keep the language to PG I think. Cheers.

3. Nephyte

Nephyte IncGamers Member

Didn't even think about the fact that particular word would be going to far! My bad, editted! Anyways...

So only GC's from Baal himself, what about the ones that drop in his throne room? What about small charms as well?

4. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

I think any Grand from NM act 3 and on will have a chance to roll a skiller. Always grab any charm Baal drops. I rolled a 177 psn from a Baal small charm.

Grands dropped in throne room can work as well (they are above act 3 NM) but not quite as good as Baal.

5. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

Not neccessarily true. Sometimes the whole item dissappears as well. It's always a risk with trading for HRs. There's no legit way of telling if its a dupe or not.

6. fishsticks

fishsticks Banned

uhhh i was thinking about trading for baal gcs and scs...
    n since i dun wanna get ripped off....
    how do u tell if they were from baal him self???

-fishsticks

7. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

You can't, unless the have a real high level like maybe 82. Someone help him out here with better information than I have.

8. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

If you want a "baal charm" (grand), it's not because it's dropped by baal, rather you want it because it can get the 41-45 life "of vita" suffix. Therefore, if you see a grand charm which already shows 41-45, you know it's possible to roll it into a skiller with the same suffix.

9. miroba

miroba IncGamers Member

lost

uhhh im lost
    sorry for the newbish question but ive never known this
    how do u reroll something?

10. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Those are ilvl 61 - so Crystalline Passage/Frozen River/Glacial Trail/Drifter Cavern in Act 5, Nightmare.

If you also want a shot at other nice sc mods, ilvl 62 will include the serpent's prefix and vita suffix amongst others. It will however, dilute your odds of rolling a Good Luck suffix though, so keep that in mind.

ilvl 62 charms can be farmed in Ancient's Way/Icy Cellar/Nihlathak's Lair in Act 5, Nightmare.

You really can't. Not trading for runes above Gul will protect you somewhat (since runes Gul and below are farmable via the Hellforge quest), but there are no guarantees. Trade at your own risk.

Some will tell you that only the the runes will disappear (and perhaps in some situations that really is what happens), but those friends of mine who've had socketed uniques and runewords poof reported that the whole thing vanished. It's never happened to me personally so I can only share the second-hand information that I know.

3 PGems + a charm or jewel combined in the Horadric Cube will reroll the stats. What sort of new stats you can get depends on the item level of the charm/jewel in question.

Two happy links with more information :)

Guide to Altering Items Ingame

A Guide to Charms in 1.10, by Kronos

Concerning the second link, I know that Corax corrected/revised that guide not very long ago but I'll be danged if I remember where it is. I know the search feature will turn it up (try search for "charm guide") - that's how I found it.

11. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

IIRC, when a rune in a runeword poofs, it will become an 'Ith', which will poof as well.