helm for pvp bone

BaseWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
helm for pvp bone

I was thinking about giving my necro a Delirium in a Bone Visage. Mostely 'cuz necros look cool in it ^^. So what do you guys think? Can it work?

soul killer

Banned
No it cant.
Use a Shako(PvM) or 2/20/2 Circlet(PvP) on your Nec.
There is nothing in Delerium that benefits a Bone Necro, especially for PvP.

Darker Realm

Diabloii.Net Member
Although it is not as good as Harlequin Crest and has only 20 to life, it has CTC Mind Blast and much better defense. For best overall stats, Shako is the best. If you like the look on Great/Winged/Spired, Grim Helms/Bone Visage, or Crowns/Grand Crowns/Coronas, and you plan to take advantage of the defensive properties of Delirium, go for it.

Just make sure you find a 15ED helm to make Delirium in.

soul killer

Banned
PvP Bone Necro doesnt need defence, hes not a BvB.
Necs need skillz, resists, life and FCR.
Shako has most of that stuff and is very attractive any caster, and the str req. on those high def helms are steep.
But hey dude, do w/e you feel comfortable with, although i dont recommend it.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Shako is alright until you come across a nice Circlet that blows it out of the water.

The CTC Mind Blast on Delirium only works when you get hit. Something which you don't want happening in PvP, or at all for that matter.

Oh, and every little bit of defense helps. 15% ed is the way to go with everything, ideally... in a perfect world...

Darker Realm

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Bone Necro doesnt need defence, hes not a BvB.
Necs need skillz, resists, life and FCR.
Shako has most of that stuff and is very attractive any caster, and the str req. on those high def helms are steep.
But hey dude, do w/e you feel comfortable with, although i dont recommend it.
Hey soul killer, I never said Delirium was the absolute choice was nor did I recommend it for the best overall performance, if you were paying attention.

I dislike it when people rule out an option completely because of lack of experience or insight into the potential of an item, for every item consists of unique properties; one item may not have the same properties as another item, and would be absolutely different if you are mixing and matching equipment to create a certain effect.

In the case of lack of insight, even in PvP situations a Bone Nec will get hit. In that case, the defense would help by a small amount and will later become a significant amount in very high character levels (95+), if you have studied the Chance to Hit formula in regards to Attack Rating and Armor Rating.

Shako is alright until you come across a nice Circlet that blows it out of the water.

The CTC Mind Blast on Delirium only works when you get hit. Something which you don't want happening in PvP, or at all for that matter.

Oh, and every little bit of defense helps. 15% ed is the way to go with everything, ideally... in a perfect world...
On the getting hit part, that is poor logic. You are saying that CTC Mind Blast is bad because you are going to get hit. I am saying that you might get hit, so it wouldn't be bad to have CTC Mind Blast to blast them back when they hit you. But I agree on the defense part, because of the scaling of Defense/Attack Rating in the Chance to Hit Formula (It's quite complex to understand at first but basically the first part of the formula, the one that factors only Defense and AR, says that one point in Defense would counteract much more than one point in AR).

This probably doesn't need to be said because it is obvious, but if you choose to not only consider performance but you want to choose a specific appearance/look when dueling, and you are able to beat people using Delirium, I would respect you highly.

BaseWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Thank you for the answers..(I think). I was going to do it anyway, but now that most folks think i'm a noob(?) for using it ^^ That only makes me wanna do it more XD

Darker Realm

Diabloii.Net Member
If you actually take time to think about what other people think, you will realize that by not understanding what you wear, gives you an edge in PvP or anything in general doesn't it? Makes you sort of that enigma.

But no don't worry about what other people think, just focus on winning. :smiley:

Thrandir

Diabloii.Net Member

Those are the sexiest circlets I've ever gazed upon. I want one.

more on topic: Hm, would delirium be good for a melee/commandomancer? It would help keep crowds busy while you pick off the sick ones, at least.