Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hellslayer

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Fluffballer, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

Hellslayer

Today I found this beast of an axe (lvl 20 fireball on it too), and it's the most damaging weapon I've owned aside from my IK maul. So, I want to use it; but on what? Some sort of were druid? I don't want to do another WW barb because that's what my IK barb is. I found conc and berserker barbs to be very frustrating. I don't feel like I have the equipment to PvP so I don't know if a charge paladin would be a good choice?

Also, I think axes are far and away the coolest looking weapons in D2, so I'm excited to put it to some use. Any ideas?

2. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Hellslayer looks good on paper but performs rather bad in action. The main disadvantage of it is slow attack speed that can just barely be improved. I think there are better weapons available to Shapeshifters (like upg.Ribcracker staff, IK maul,...). The weapon performs particularly bad on WW Barbs - even with Shael rune it's still far away from the last WW speed breakpoint. You'll be hitting a lot less with it than you would with 2x Shael'd IK maul for example - a bad thing.

Perhaps there is some hidden use for this weap that I just can't see? :rolleyes:

3. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Charge paladins, WW barbs, and weredruids would usually be the foremost choices for this kind of weapon.

4. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

Hellslayer is [10], which means it's not that good for ww, not good at all. My friend made a fury druid in 1.09 with an eth hellslayer that did fine, though I doubt it would work well now. You can always try it :)

HoD

5. sensei

sensei IncGamers Member

i had a 1.09 eth zod hellslayer fury druid

with hear of wolv, might merc he did 25k max damage, with like 5k min. he would tear through cows

6. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Hellslayer is not for Druids.

Maybe a Zerker Barb or a Conc Barb. No clue what they need for weapon speeds, but at least they can use outside IAS to boost it a bit.

Meleenchantress might be fun :p

7. Twoflower

Twoflower Banned

make a barb whit trang set that uses only the fire spells, and fireball from the hellslayer :p maybee a bow on switch :p :p

but seriously, imo it s the unique whit the highest difference between looking good and performing bad