Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hellrack

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Leonavice, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Leonavice

Leonavice IncGamers Member

Hellrack

Anybody using Hellrack around here for their bowazon? The elemental damage on it reminds me of a range version of the Baranar. Is this weapon viable in hell?

2. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

it is and it isn't....because it has such a high strength req and it shoots so slow most zons won't use it....i did build a zon last ladder season specifically for this bow and although it was slow and tedious at times she easily soloed hell....because this is such a slow shooter i found it to be an excellent weapon for strafing single monsters especially bosses....i can't find my notes but with this bow more arrows were able to hit a single monster....the 2 sockets was nice and like you said the elemental damage is insane...no need to worry about physical immunes....you will want to look at any items that add strength....by zon used a 2 os giant skull....think it adds up to 35...i was able to shael/40 ed jewel the bow and had KB on the helm with 30 ias + damage jewels....i think i tried for 70ias to shoot 14/4...other equip i tried was dracs,thundergods,travs,lionheart,rf,dual leech ring,crescent moon

i also have another wf strafezon that used hellrack on switch...she was an entirely solo build with no valk/merc/decoy so i needed a weapon to look after phys immunes....with the proper equip you don't have to lose too many points from dex to pump up strength....her damage with wf wasn't as high as most but it was an interesting build

edit...check out the harmony bow if you are interested in high elemental damage

3. Leonavice

I traded for this bow when I saw the humungous damage potential, for a paltry sum of 4 pgems. Yeah, the str req is very high, but I'm not sure what eq I will be wearing. Currently wearing the following, which is all I can afford right now. I still can't use Hellrack since I am still below level 76.

Vipermagi
    Naj Circlet
    String of Ears
    Sanders boot
    Sanders glove
    manald heal
    cathan's seal
    1 crappy +1 skill ama ammy

Hoping to replace the Naj circlet with Stealskull but then I will lose 15 Str.

4. Sokar Rostau

Sokar Rostau IncGamers Member

The problem with a Zon using Hellrack is that a standard Buriza STILL does more damage because of the +Dex. Hellrack is more suited to other classes like Paladins, Asn's and Druids.

5. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

The problem I have with hellrack, is the high str requirement. And because of its slow speed, that means I have to socket with shaels. So I personally just prefer to get a buriza.

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I used it for a while, too. It is slow, but the damage is rather nice. Check this out:

Buriza-Do Kyanon
    Ballista
    Two-Hand Damage: 90 to 150
    Required Dexterity: 80
    Required Strength: 110
    Required Level: 41
    Crossbow Class - Fastest Attack Speed
    Unidentified
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x69374417
    +35 to Dexterity
    +174% Enhanced Damage
    +107 Defense
    Adds 32-196 cold damage over 8 seconds
    80% Increased Attack Speed
    Freezes Target +3
    Piercing Attack [100]
    +2 to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)

Hellrack
    Colossus Crossbow
    Two-Hand Damage: 101 to 287
    Required Dexterity: 77
    Required Strength: 163
    Required Level: 76
    Crossbow Class - Fast Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x75b84a86
    +216% Enhanced Damage
    Adds 63-324 fire damage
    Adds 63-324 lightning damage
    Adds 63-324 cold damage over 1 seconds
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    105% Bonus to Attack Rating
    Level 18 Immolation Arrow (119/150 Charges)
    Socketed (2: 0 used)

Head to head, it looks like the hellrack give better damage. The elemental damage beats any other xbow. Just food for thought...

7. Leonavice

The elemental damage looks nice. And since Hellrack comes default with 2 sockets, you can always put 2 shaels inside. With regards to AR bonus given by buriza via +35 dex, notice that Hellrack has 105% bonus to AR which I think more than makes up for lack of dex. Of course the +35 dex to phy damage and the per clvl damage increase of Buriza beats Hellrack in terms of damage. However Hellrack's elemental damage might just give it the edge in Hell.