Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bockhorn, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Bockhorn

Bockhorn IncGamers Member

Hello!

I would like to say hello to all members of this forum. I have been reading here for a couple of days and it was this that made me start playing Singelplayer Diablo 2 again.

Well then a little about myself.

My real life name is Henrik. I’m 20 years old and from Sweden. Unfortunately I have rarely been outside my country; the exception is when I went to London with a couple of friends. Nevertheless I feel the future holds a lot of journeys for me.
    I’m currently studying my third term for a degree in Master of Engineering.
    On the spare time I really love watching a good anime and hanging out with friends (who doesn’t?). Playing computer games, go fishing, watch TV, play music (Mostly metal) and driving around with a car is other things I like.

My Diablo 2 career started in patch 1.09d when a couple of my friends told me about this game. I started out in Singelplayer with a barbarian. I made him with one of the most ineffective builds, one point in every skill. He never made it through hell. Regardless I had a lot of fun with him running NM Mephisto. I really like MFing. After I had played around with Singelplayer I desired to try out closed bnet. I was able to attain all elite unique items excepts Windforce by trading. For this stuff I made a standard PvP-WW barb which I had a lot of fun with.
    After about one year of vacation from Diablo 2 I started playing Singelplayer again with the arrival of patch 1.10. This time I made it through the whole game with a Meteorb Sorceress. Farmed Hell Mephisto like a fanatic with her. Got a couple of decent items from him with “Head Hunter’s Glory†being the rarest, most likely. I think I also got and Ist rune from Hell Diablo or NM Diablo. In any case that is the rarest self found rune for me.
    I then quit playing until for about two weeks ago when one of my friends wanted me to start playing on bnet again. However, I didn’t take long before I remembered why I quit bnet last time. The rushing and dupes destroy the fun for me. After browsing around in this forum and its corresponding trade forum, I decided to start Singelplayer instead. The only thing that was more fun with bnet was the trading anyway, and your system seems to work much better. So I started out with making a HC Fishy and a SC Blizzballer. Never liked meteor so I think I will enjoy her more.

Well that’s about it. Hope my shins survive this :wink3: .

PS. Excuse my English it's not what it should be.

2. SeeiN2StarS

SeeiN2StarS IncGamers Member

Solid intro, welcome! What kind of metal are you into? Any American bands or just sweet Sweden stuff?

Enjoy your stay!

3. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

*kick Bockhorn shin*
    i'm most of time away from my country, but when i go home it's hell of a party
    welcome!
    /varnish

4. YoungDbl

YoungDbl IncGamers Member

Welcome.
    Meteor is boring isnt it? Blizzballers are a solid build. Enjoy the stay here and have a read of stickies. Also may I ask what the deal is with your 'tar?

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Welcome and enjoy your stay. The Bar is over there *points*

6. Bockhorn

SeeiN2StarS: Thanks for the welcome :smiley: . I like a lot of American bands, I'm not sure if they all classify as metal but anyway: Manowar, Rob Zombie, Mega Deth, Evanescence, Iced earth is what comes to mind right now. How about you? Have you heard of any Swedish band?

nebux: Thanks :)

YoungDbl: Ye, meteor ain't fun at all. However it was quite good for killing Mephisto, I hope Blizzard will be just as effective. About my avatar: Bockhorn is in Swedish the antlers of a goat (or Goat antlers, I'm not sure what you say). I have been using this nickname on the web for a long time now. Think I got it from a fantasy book by David Eddings. And thanks for bidding me welcome :).

Thyiad: Thanks. I think I will enjoy this a lot :smiley: .

Now it's time to read the rules more carefully. It would be sad if my time at the forum ended right away :tongue: .

7. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

Oh damn. A Swede with almost the same interest as me. Kickass. Enjoy your stay here.

Holla!

8. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome to the forum Bockhorn! Enjoy your stay here and let me heal your shin.

*heals Bockhorn's shin*

9. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

Welcome aboard fellow swede... Swede.

10. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Hello :wave: and welcome to the SPF!

Which David Eddings book is Bockhorn from? I've read a few of his and haven't come across it.

Again, welcome and enjoy your stay!

11. Bockhorn

Nacaa, Suiling, Kefir-Tribe thanks for welcoming me :smiley: . It's very appreciated.

Drystan I think I was a little unclear when I explained that. Bockhorn is the Swedish word for the antlers of a goat. The book I read was translated to Swedish and I don't know how accurate the translation was. I really should read the books in the original language to avoid this. Well anyway, in one of the The Elenium books (I think the first) a fanatic and his followers is worshiping a "Bockhorn". I think they were is some kind of desert country, been a while since I read it. The fanatics shouted "Bockhorn, Bockhorn, Bockhorn!" and I thought it was so damn funny. So I took the name and it has sticked with me.
    Do you remember this incident? If you do what are they worshiping in the original language? And Drystan thanks for the welcome :smiley: .

12. Freekje

Freekje IncGamers Member

Welcome! May you never be able to leave the SPF again, like the rest of us!

Nice intro BTW!

13. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Hmmm. I don't think I've seen that. I'll keep an eye out of it. :)

14. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

Welcome Bock!
    Lurk in the DooL, protect your shins, LOOK OUT FOR THE SQUID, and have a drink at the bar on FoL!

15. Psywire

Psywire IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF.

16. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! Here's your goodie basket of baked goodness and squid relpeant. Don't mind the shin kickers, they mean well. Besides, you can take solstice in knowing that you'll be enjoying pleanty of cookies for your proper into.

Do read the FAQs and stop by the EMB-- home to 2 pools, properly set up suround sound, and every drink you could imagine.

17. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Aloha and welcome to the SPF

DM

18. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Minor nit: goats don't have antlers; they have horns. The difference is that antlers are shed each season, whereas horns are permanent, and only grow larger with age (though they can obviously be cut, broken, or ground down to be smaller).

Anyways, welcome aboard. :)

19. Bockhorn

pharaoh: Thanks a lot for the welcome and telling me this. Should it be Goat horns?

It feels great to have so many people welcome me. Thanks everybody :)

20. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

*steal some cookies*