Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by icudodo, Sep 5, 2006.

1. icudodo

icudodo IncGamers Member

Hello

Hi everyone,

I got this game for a couple of months now and I had been playing SP most of the time. I just like to play at my own pace (unlike bnet where most people just rush through the game), and I don't have to worry about my characters expiring.

I came across this site while searching for some info about this game, been lurking here for awhile and decided to register since it's a great site for info and help.

Anyway, I found two UM runes (my highest so far) and I like to make the runewords Crescent Moon and Duress to replace my merc's equipment. Right now he only has Stormspire, Shaftstop and some crappy unique helm. It takes a long time for him to kill bosses above players 3 setting.

So, what is the best weapon and armor to use for these two runewords? Or should I save the runes?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards.

2. Dark Sword

Dark Sword Banned

hmm i think you should save those runes. I think the best gear would be kelpie snare Rockstopper and a eth shaftstop or a eth cryptic axe Insight RW. But thats just me.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

I think we need a little more info on your character, it's level, it's gear, it's build, and at what stage of the game you are in before making any solid statements on whether to use your runes or not.

In general, Duress is a great armour for mercs and for melee chars, as is CM.

4. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Welcome!

More information about your characters is always cool, but more information about you, yourself is needed too. We're nosey boogers (no pun intended, but still funny) here in the single player forum...

/shinkick

just kidding...

/retracts shinkick

/runaway

Seriously though, welcome to the SPF, make sure you read the stickies, stop by the EMB every once in a while, etc...

Shameless plug: I have a small giveaway running now, If you see anything you like, drop me a line, and you just might get it. The thread is here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=473516&page=60

5. icudodo

icudodo IncGamers Member

Thanks for the reply,

I have a level 90 fishymancer as my main MFer and I had already beat Hell mode. Here's the following gear:

Shako
    Arm of King Leoric
    Skin of the Vipermagi
    Rhyme Shield
    Chance guards
    goldwrap
    rare boots with Mf
    Magic amulet with +1 to summon skills and MF
    Nagel ring
    rare ring with MF
    Ali Baba & Rhyme shield on switch
    couple of small and grand charms resists, no skillers.

Also, I would like to use those those runewords for other character builds in the future.

6. icudodo

icudodo IncGamers Member

Hi neumein and to everyone else in this forum :wave: ,

Sorry about the introduction, I'm not an outgoing person that's why. I don't know what to say.

Well, I'll be 27 yrs old this november, work at a small company here in Manhattan, New York. Most of the time I'm at work, and by the time I get home I'm to tired to do anything. Weekends I like to stay home and relax, watch some tv, play video games, do some chores etc. Nothing special, just your average working Joe. My favorite sport is Hockey, go Rangers :smiley:

Thanks for the giveaway, I really appreciate it. But, I like to self-find my own items so I won't be trading or participating in the giveaway threads. Hope you understand. Thanks to ATMA (great program by the way :thumbsup: ) I am a pack rat now. :grin:

7. FrostBurn

Hmm, well, I personally would not make CM or Duress for a summoner necro's merc. Given that your issue is with bosses, I'd wait until I get my hands on a Hone Sundan, +4 Arioc's Needle, Kelpie Snare, Duriel's Shell or Shaftstop.

Your summoner is not designed for boss running, so turn the players setting down /p3. Any higher than that isn't going to get your more drops anyway. Use him to run level 85 areas instead; that is what he excels at.

I'm not really a melee player, so I'll leave recommendations on what items to make CM and Duress in to others.

8. icudodo

icudodo IncGamers Member

Hey Frostburn,

Guess I'll save the runes, but I still like to know what to make it in.

I had been running level 85 areas this past few days, and getting the same normal unique items and sets (If I see another Sigon or Isenhart's, I'm gonna break this game). I got frustrated, that's why I switched to bosses. My MF runs been in the dumps lately. :sad2:

9. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

A fishymancer! you vile abomination!

Just kidding

My level 19 fishymancer is awesome. Amp an enemy, let your minions kill it, and use it's corpse to spray smouldering gore everywhere is satisfying. The only thing more satisying than that is using my frost-assassin to freeze something, than shatter it with a devastating kick to the groin

Crescent moon rocks on a SpeedBarb, or on a frenzybarb

10. icudodo

icudodo IncGamers Member

Yep, I'm a coward. Just hide behind my army and let them do all the work while I check out the stuff that drops.

As of now, I am kind of sick of using him. I want to make another character but not sure which, any suggestions? Some build that's not gear dependent.

11. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Pretty much any kind of sorceress rocks...

I am currently making a charged-boltress, who uses, obviously, charged bolt as her primary killing skill. With maxed out charged bolt, lightning mastery, and lightning maxed as a synergy, each cast shoots out 22 bolts, which do reasonable damage, but the fact that you can flood the screen with them is what makes them so powerful. Go go crowd control. Add in some armour with some perfect topazes, and you have a reasonable magic finder too.

12. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome icudodo!!! Cute name you have..

13. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF :wave:
    Enjoy your stay.

14. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

well seeing as neumein completly messed up the shin kicking (leave it to me in future) il do the job proply

*kicks icudodo shins*

/runway

15. FrostBurn

It should be /runNway ala /vaRnish.

16. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! Here's your goodie basket of baked goods and squid repelant. Don't mind the shin kickers they mean well. Do read the stickies, and stop by the EMB, oh, and enjoy these extra cookies for telling us about your average Joeness :wink3:

17. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum, icudodo!

Jude