Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by omgwtfbbqpwned, Jun 11, 2005.

1. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

Hello.

I'm quitting bnet because it keeps eating up my accounts for inactivity, so I'm trying out SP. I've been doing SP for the last couple of weeks. :--D

I was lurking through the forums, and I am curious about how the dupe detector on ATMA works... I went to site and read through, and I don't seem to be getting it:

I basically open the dupe detector, add the files, hit 'detect dupes', and anything that appears in the big lower left text box is a dupe?

Also, is there a way I can check for hacked items or items found with editors/maphacks? I want to start trading soon because I can't seem to find anything in SP.

Thanks. :--D

2. Mordalles

Mordalles IncGamers Member

welcome to this wonderful forum! the greatest place in the world. we all r here of course, out of free will. its got nothing to do with addiction. nothing.

3. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Oh boy. It's been such a long time (in refraining from D2, I consider a few months a long time) since I actually played D2, and IIRC the dupe detector just searches through your mules for items that have the same fingerprint (i.e. duped, either intentionally or by mistake) and points them out for you so you can fix them.

And no, there is no surefire way to tell an item created in a hacked medium from a legitimate item, so an actually smart cheater could theoretically create items out of editors and not get caught, although most cheaters here who feign legitimacy are pretty stupid (e.g. claim to find a zod and other good finds about a week after joining) so they often get caught. :lol:

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Welcome!
    *kicks shins*

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

Welcome! Enjoy this goodie basket of baked goods, kudos to you for checking the stickied FAQ before asking, but do check them all out. Also, tell us more about yourself :thumbsup:

There isn't a way to distinguish between "legit" items and "tainted" items, which is why we're so hard on anyone we catch trying to trade, MP, givaway, or tourney with "tainted" items. And why we have to delete everything if we've dealt with them. Meanwhile, I suggest starting a Barb w/ item find and running Lower Kurast on /players 8 for a bit, you get lots of goodies and and you can hork the corpses of anything you do kill.

6. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Hi and welcome to SPF! If you need more info on ATMA don't forget about the ATMA thread. Tenshi (ATMA's creator) usually checks that out to help answer questions like yours. :)

7. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF, and congrats on levelling up to SP. Enjoy your stay and don't feed the squid.