Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello =]

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by offline5555, Jan 29, 2004.

1. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

Hello =]

I dont know if anyone still remember me now, but I was a old school hardcore PvP Assassin lover who quited 1 year ago during all the "hack items" that time. Recently, my friends are inviting me to join 1.10 since they say there are no hacks and seems quite fun =]

Would someone gimme a brief update on how PvP works now on Assassin?
    Without CM being bugged, is TS still any good?
    Is kicker any good in PvP?
    Are trappers still owning with the MB + LS/WoF trick?
    lemme know wazsup with the assassins lately plz, thx ^^

BTW, good to see you again Nali :xsmile5:

2. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

WW assassins and trap assassins are good now, for pvp. MA is no longer good for a lot of reasons, but im too lazy to list them all because its 1 am, look at the other thread about MA sins.

anyway, trapsins are now slightly too strong, LS can do 1-10k dmg, WoF about 1k~ and MB now lasts longer.

Kicks are now 7/2~~~ frames, so you have a faster attack then zeal (7 on first hit then 2 for each kick) but theyre not viable for pvp (well sorta, theyre not that good but you can kill people with a kicker.)

WW is fun.

3. offline5555

Crazy I remember seeing your name before... you used to be here at 1.09 right? A lot of threads have been deleted so I could not gain any information out of them.... But would MA sins be good if i mix them with traps? Cos I have always been a big fan for MA sins =( if someone can list the reasons why MA sins sux now would be great ^^

Man... looks like I have become a BIG NEWB! What's WW? lol it cant be whirlwind.... o_O

4. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

yeah, I was here before. same name more posts, I think I got banned? not really sure, I didnt care at the time.

I played legit MA sins.

anyway, CM bug is fixed = less dmg, most attacks are 1-2 hit kills and a lot of chars have verry high def, so its hard to actually get charges.

if you liked MA you should try WW (yes, whirlwind) most fun build ive had in a long time.

theres a new rune word for 3 socket claws (Fal+Ohm+Um) called Chaos. its lets you use WW.

the basic build was
    10 shadow skill charms ~
    max/AR/life scs
    and you will need lots of R/W (the speed you ww from point a to point b is now based on r/w and you wont be using BoS)

max fade
    10~ CM
    10~ WB (depends on gear, you want about 60%~ after your items and charms)
    20 venom
    DF/CoS~

you really have a lot of options, theres no real cookie build for WW sins yet.

also, open wounds is now really good for pvp.
    someone had a guide for WW sins (maybe that person will post it here) that would explain this better, im really tired..

5. offline5555

What? So we did by 1-2 hits from ppl now? even if the assassin has 75% DR + 1500 life? WW sins sounds bizzare to a newb like me... umm lol
    and few more questions...

1) why max FADE while i can get resistance elsewhere? or at least only put a few points there...
    2) would a hybrid sin WW/Traps be applicable for PvP?
    3) Is WoF still just as good as LS and can do damage while stunning your oppenent effectively?

6. krabuk

krabuk IncGamers Member

I will answer only the first question :
    fade give you 1% DR per slvl. btw DR is now capped at 50%.

7. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

yeah, I know. it sounds really strange.
    conc barbs
    wind druids
    fire druids
    rabies druids.
    lightning strike zons..

all common now, theres a lot more builds than that too, theres also about 3244 new pala builds to add on to the 23423342 they already had.

anyway, fade adds DR (+skills worth with the +DR, so level 40 fade is 40 dr) curses (decrip) last about a blink of an eye and with the new godly gear, its actually really hard to get res (most of my chars get at least 40 res from charms) and 75 res all is not enough with the new -res items.

I have two ww/trap hybrids, my best chars. and yes they work verry well pvp. the only problem is you wont be able to hit high def chars with WW. but a pure WW sin doesnt have a good chance of doing that either.

WoF does about 1k dmg, and stacks like crazy. LS does 1-10k dmg and has a much higher range.

for pubs, LS is better because newbs mostly have bad resists, and even if they have good resists it still does a lot of dmg.

WoF is better for stunlocking, sucks pvm, and takes more skill to use. but all in all its better, the only problem is that any newb with a RS will absorb all your dmg.

oh, and you dont need BoS to max WW speed. the problem is r/w.

8. offline5555

I have been thinking about it, CoS can counter any defense character
    If i remember correctly... DC is an interruptible attack and thereby neglects any need of AR or worrying about the oppenent's defense

I am thinking of making a DC/Trap hybrid sin. I hope it'll work out. I have never tried using venom so i *might* try to see how it works with DC as well.
    I am trying to be an all around char as well. But I believe LS will be more useful against those stupid running zons ( yes i hate zons! ). So what i am thinking is 1 in WoF and rest in all the lighting fields. I have doubts about fade as that means no BoS, but i guess i have to do a lot of testing... but thats what's good about 1.10, no cookie building =]

I am going to have to buy the game again as I sold it when I quit d2x before = ( I am interested to duel with you crazy person. Leave your account so I can find you when i get the game again? ( 2 weeks to 1 month)

man... i am such a poor newb now since i haven't been playing so long = (

9. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

They always come back to D2. :p

Just joking, welcome back, Offline! :xman:

10. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

do you have a backup of the guides nali?

anyway, CoS takes away from base def, not total. barbs/palas will have VERY high def (30k and up) so after a 75% from CoS they will have 28k def. (these numbers are a bit off but you get the idea)

but vs chars who have low def, or only base def. its very nice to have and you will hit almost every time.

DC got nefed, I think. I didnt read much into it so im not sure. you also need lots of IAS for DC to do well, and its hard to do IAS and CR as a c/c sin.
    anyway, you got a little confused about DC, its an uninterruptible attack. what that means is if you get hit while attacking, you will not show the 'block' animation. it has nothing to do with chance to hit.

I still think you should try a WW sin, if you have someone who can give you items or anything, they're kinda costly.

edit~
    oh, the fade thing is ONLY if you make a WW sin, because you dont need anymore IAS. for DC or kicks you need BoS more than fade.

11. offline5555

Hahahahhaa.... yeah I know.. how sad.. this stupid game is more addicting than cigs and drugs! :xeek: Btw... you make cool asn names.. silentstrike or shadowstrike or something... i like it! haha, you still into PvM or PvP now?

12. offline5555

What do you mean by base Def? you mean any def includes the armor, boots, belt, helm you have before taking any aura like defiance into account?

I am still deciding between kicks or DC or WW with traps.. but i think WW sounds dumb cos its barb move... but i duno... i dont even hv the game yet... haha.. and i am getting all anxious about it already. ^^

13. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

DC isn't uninteruptable anymore btw. And no , the 3 ele charges aren't either. :p

14. Crazy Person

Crazy Person Banned

oh, ok. that was the nerf.

base def is before holy shield, defiance ,iron skin, sorc cold armors. stuff like that.

15. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Sorry, the only thing I've saved from the forums is a very old version of the FAQ Update, and an IAS treatise.

Still PvM ATM, as I simply haven't enough high-end equipment for PvP.