Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello to all Post and my build

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by LordHumungus, Feb 15, 2004.

1. LordHumungus

LordHumungus IncGamers Member

Hello to all Post and my build

I'm new to the necro forums, even though I've been using the trading forums for years. I've always loved the necro and have a morbid fascination about undeath and other such unsavory things :scratch: My 1st character was a necro and come to think of it, so was my 3rd. The necro I am currently playing, I-LagYou was made about 3 years ago and after reaching level 51, was put on hiatus. Now he has realized his full potential(I think). Anyway, I have no trouble with much of anything(except IM) even killing baal and diablo rather easily. I thought I'd post my build even though it's probably a rather popular one at this point. He's lvl 85.

Base With gear
    STR 111 211
    Dex 155 193
    Vit 174 195
    En 75 116
    I wanted some extra energy 'cause I love to overspam CE :D . Dex = 75 block as I hate to get hit. Str...well I didn't really plan on having an enigma or annihilus when I made this guy...If I had it to do over again, it'd be lower.

Bonus after +skills in ()
    20 Raise skeleton(45)
    20 Skeleton Mastery(47)
    18 Mage(42) Next 2 points here
    1 Golem mastery(23)
    1 clay//blood and Iron(23) was gonna use Iron, but clay rules now
    1 Revive(23)
    20 Corpse Explosion(34)
    1 Bone Armour(15)
    1 in all curses(17)
    any prereqs I missed have 1 as well.

Basically went all out on gear, selling off some of my other chars. stuff 'cause I don't really wanna play 'em anymore:
    Um'ed shako, 29 mara's, Enigma Diamond Mail, Arm of Leoric with 14 res all jewel, Pdiamond Homunculus, 2x soj, arachnid mesh, trang's gloves, +2 Marrow Walks, 8x summoning charms.

If you read this far, you must be bored...lol
    I really just wanted to introduce myself to everyone and say Hi....so "hi" :howdy:

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Good build, and equipment. Welcome to the Necro board. Mad Mantis will greet you also.

HoS

3. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

That is a pretty nice build. Doing good on the +Skills I see. Have fun.

Thanks for the intro mate. :drink:

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

Welcome back to the Dark Side :)

I see you have fallen for the Mad Mantis maximum skeleton mage theory :p But your guy is such a tank (with horrendous plus skills ;) ) that I'm sure you'll overcome that minor disadvantage.

Have Fun.

5. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Wonderful build. Congrats and welcome to the Cult of Rathma. These days very few people bother to read the manual or learn the background story, but I do. All Necromancers are the Priests of Rathma.

I'm Cerebron. I like to CE the forum with new threads. I'm sure many other people will greet you later. So, stay awhile and listen!

Oh, by the way, they just have a Cain rap out there. Check it out if you haven't heard of it.

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/mp3s/The-Cain-Rap.zip

6. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

I hear you on corpse explosion...BOOM! i have a sick twisted psychotic love of that skill!

7. LordHumungus

LordHumungus IncGamers Member

Thanks all for the comments on my build and the warm welcome...This is pretty much the character build I wanted since I first started playing. Skeletons everywhere swarming everything in their path while I stand by and laugh at the futility of my opposition. It bears strong similarities to many of the builds I've found here, especially Nightfish's, although I came up with it pretty much on my own. I guess great minds think alike eh? :D Uhh..Err.. something like that anyway.

I happen to be one of the other few people who read the manual as well. I really like the background story. :scratch:

As for falling for Mad Mantis' theory, It's more about having as many skeletons of either type for me.