Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello Out There! - New Here

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gnoggen, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

Hello Out There! - New Here

Well, Here is my first post on these forums. I mainly play SP DII (always had some lagging issues in multiplayer, even with cable modem) and I have enjoyed checking up on these threads from time to time to learn new things. I'm not uber or anything, have a 61 Barbarian and a 59 Necro. I've never used the training programs or ran multiple copies of the game, so everything all of my characters has i have earned with that character. The Barb is in Hell level and gets whooped somethin' fierce and I imagine it will be the same when i get there with my necro. ;) Any "surviving hell" tips? Thanks!

2. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Welcome to SPF Gnoggen! Sorry, I don't play those characters. My favorite is the sorceress. I'm sure some of the other members here will give you all the tips you need. :)

3. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Hi Gnoggen and welcome to the SPF. It's generally accepted that you should be around lvl 75 before entering hell. Level up by killing NM Baal and his minions - it shouldn't take very long. That said, I think everyone got a shock the first time they entered Hell, generally around the time of their first death to a Quill Rat :). If you post details of your characters (skills, gear, etc) folks will be sure to give you more detailed advice. Make sure you read the stickies. Also the character build guides, while you may not want to follow them (as your characters may end up kind of unoriginal) often give very good tips on how to play and survive. Enjoy your stay!

4. Reborn2k

Reborn2k IncGamers Member

Well, in 1.10 everything has become a lot more equipment dependant, but that doesn't mean that it can't be done without the great equipment! Just watch the people with an untwinked guardian! ^^ Welcome aboard!

5. water_moon

water_moon IncGamers Member

You might consider ATMA, it's very helpful space wise. As for the barbie being whooped, slow down a bit, and put you next skill points into natural resists or iron skin to help with the lowered resists and the dudes who do a lot more damage. Also check out the bug thread...it's around here somewhere... 'cause things like FE are really killer now...

6. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Welcome.

Some general advice for 1.10 hell. Level 75ish is a must. Rushing through NM and getting to hell by level 65 is just going to cause problems. Also... remember that you don't have to keep playing on /players 8. I find dropping it to 3 or even 1 will make your stay in Hell all that much more enjoyable. After that... it's a good idea to check your resistances and try to get them up into the respectable range.

Then you need to look for equipment. You can really get some nifty stuff off of NM mephisto. I also like running the bosses at the waypoint in Act V NM... eldrich and shrek or something like that. They can drop stuff that's quite useful too.

After that... you just need to realize that there is a different play style required for hell. Much more cautious and systematic.

Once again... welcome to the forums. Read the FAQs. Don't fall for trades with people that you don't know, and... guard your shins.

<kicks watermoon in the gut while he's protecting his shins>

7. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

The Barb I'm not as concerned with. I've been enjoying the Necro more lately. Lets see, Have raise skeleton maxed, skeleton mastery maxed, have some points in fire golem and golem mastery and 8 points in ressurecting monsters. BTW, i love using the mobs that cast guardian when killing mephisto. ;) Just fun to watch the guardians shooting fireballs at him! ;)

8. deathsguard666

deathsguard666 IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF! be sure to check the giveaway thread if your barb needs better gear. enjoy your stay :)

9. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

The logistics of this baffle me though. How do you give away stuff in single player mode? I just don't get it! /shrug (Yeah, yeah, I'm a newbie. I got my barb to 61 on /players1! Didn't realize there was another way!)

10. EnerSense

EnerSense IncGamers Member

Look at the ATMA thread. This program gives you the ability to email items from your computer to another and vice versa. You'll need to download it. Hope that helps. :)

11. piscene

piscene IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF. Looks like your questions have mostly been answered. As stated, go to the ATMA thread, download it, and then revel in its glory.

12. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

We.lcome!

Enjoy your stay, and have fun!

13. Alien

Alien IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF!
    Enjoy your stay, read up on all the stickies and have a look at the SPF. Most importantly, have fun.

-AlieN

14. dokhogg

dokhogg IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF....I first came here with a very poorly built and under equipped Barb, and this forum made the game fun again. If you need any Barb gear, let me know...I have a ton, most great for mid to high level playing. Juest email me at [email protected]

dok

15. ChaoticTwitch

ChaoticTwitch IncGamers Member

welcome to the SPF comunity !! as stated by many before ATMA is briliant for making space and storing gear and such. i also came hear with very little to no equpment to work with, due to the overwhelming jenerousity od the giveaway thread, i have been granted desent gear to work with. go check it out if u so incline. dont forget to check the stickies too...

cheers, C.T.

16. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF:) IF you use Nightfishes necromancer guide you shouldn't have too much problems conquering Hell, cause it like totally rocks.

17. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

welcome to this place.
    as has been said before: lvl 61 is too early to try hell. spend more time on NM baal and enjoy his drops.

what kind of barbarian is that? tell me skills/stats/equipment/resistances in hell, maybe I can give you some hints to survive.

18. HolyPade

HolyPade IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forum!

Enjoy your stay. :D

19. seige

seige IncGamers Member

Welcome Gnoggen :)

Make a Nekkid one, they are lots better :)

- Jas :wave:

20. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Not everyone enjoys plaing Nekkid seige...:rolleyes:
    Oh, and a friendly shin kick from me to Gnoggen. :)
    @ shagsbeard: your a bad man, kicking my favourite EU in the stomach! *gives w_m one of her cookies and gives her a hug*