Hello. New. Completly.

NillaWaffer

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello. New. Completly.

Hello guys. I am...NillaWaffer. I am TOTATLY new to the game. I just installed it but my internet is down so I can not play online. I have never played a game like this. I need any advice possible. ANYTHING will help. I should also mention that I am SpadeHC's(Rekoc) brother. He is trying to explain but I feel I need more help. Thx... and Xey I hear you are sexy. And no I do not Cyber.

Dahkar

Diabloii.Net Member
Hi and welcome to the forums. Although these are the best forums on the internet, hardcore is not a great place to start. Trying starting on sc and learning the game. Make a sorc, a barb, whatever and mf and get a item base going. After your comfortable with SC you should then move on hc. BTW tell your brother I said hi, (he's ignoring me because i gib better mansecks)

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
no wonder you need more help if Rekoc is trying to explain things to you :lol:
if you come across problems and questions, just ask... we'll be sure to lure the answers within the spam we turn your threads into ;)

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
NillaWaffer said:
and Xey I hear you are sexy.
This is all you need to know, my young padawan learner, for my ally is in the Xey. And a powerful ally he is. Life creates him, makes him grow. His energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we... You must feel the Xey around you. Here, between you...me...the tree...the rock...everywhere! Yes, even between this land and that ship! May the Xey be with you.

Lucky

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
The first thing you need to realize about this game is that there are certain combinations of skills that are tried and true. If you just start placing skills points into skills that seem cool at the time, you'll usually end up with a useless character. Here are some of the more cookie-cutter skill placements:

Lightning Amazon: Max Lightning Fury and Charged Strike; rest go into dodging skills and the other Passive/Magic skills as needed for survival.
Freezing Strafe-azon: Max Freezing Arrow, Cold Arrow and Strafe; rest go into Critical Strike, Pierce, dodging skills and other Passive/Magic skills as needed for survival.
Lightning Trapper (Assasin): Max Lightning Sentry, Death Sentry, Charged Bolt Sentry, and Shock Web; rest go into Shadow Master or Warrior and the other Shadow Disciplines (not Venom).
Concentrate Barbarian: Max Battle Orders, Concentrate, Shout, and Weapon Mastery of your choice (choose one); 1 in Berserk, Battle Command, Find Item, and the other Masteries.
Wind Druid: Max Tornado, Hurricane, Cyclone Armor, Oak Sage, Twister... pretty straight-forward and effective.
Summon Necromancer: Max Raise Skeleton, Skeleton Mastery, and possibly Corpse Explode; 1 in Clay Golem, Summon Resist, Bone Armor, and the rest go into Bone Armor synergies and Curses.
Hammerdin (Paladin): Max Blessed Hammer, Concentration, Blessed Aim, Vigor, and Holy Shield... very straight-forward and effective.
Frozen Orb Sorceress: Max Frozen Orb, Cold Mastery, and Telekenesis; rest go into Static Field, Ice Bolt, Energy Shield, Teleport, or Warmth.
Blizzard Sorceress: Max Blizzard, Cold Mastery, and Telekensis; rest go into Static Field, Energy Shield, and Blizzard synergies as desired (Ice Bolt, Ice Blast, and Glacial Spike).
Meteorb Sorceress: Max Frozen Orb, Meteor, and Fire Mastery; Cold Mastery should be level 17 with gear on; 1 in Static Field, Teleport, and Warmth; rest go into Meteor synergies (Fireball and Fire Bolt).

As for your stat points, you'll hear this a thousand times: enough strength for the gear you plan on using (within reason), enough dex for decent blocking with the shield you plan on using (within reason), and the rest go into vitality... no points in energy.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Valar-Wrath said:
I put on my robe and wizard hat...

*Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.
Goddam am I hard now.*

This has to be my favorite one...its pretty much even with the 2nd time he does the robe and wizard hat with the girl :)...Gotta right these names down. Lol.

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
Rekoc said:
*Nostrils flaring, I lower my head. My horn, like some phallic symbol of my potent virility, is the last thing you see as skulls collide and mine remains the victor. You are now a bloody red ragdoll suspended in the air on my mighty horn.
Goddam am I hard now.*

This has to be my favorite one...its pretty much even with the 2nd time he does the robe and wizard hat with the girl :)...Gotta right these names down. Lol.
I agree, the rhino one was probably my favorite.

"Rhino's don't play games, they effing charge your @$$!"

"C'mon be serious."

"It doesn't get any more serious than a rhino charging your @$$."

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Well guys. I had a long post but. My internet stoped working so I copied it. Restarted. And then it wasnt there so let me try and *Dupe* the post.

Well. My brother is completly new. And oh did I tell you we had like 4 power surges. And we have wireless. And it fried our router? Ya thats why internet gay and we can not get on. But anyway. He has no idea what he is doing. He told me today. Hey I was kiling stuff and and picking up items and Now I cant pick anything else up. I went and looked and he has an inventory of bolts and arrows :clap: lol. Well, as soon as linksys sends us a new router I plan on starting a new untwinked char with him to show him stuff on HC. If anyone wants to join me and have some laughs along with helping him then just leave post here because I can not get online as of right now. If you are already on my flist you can post here. Then repeat when I am on because... I know you just love me like that. Untill then I will try and show him as much stuff as possible on SP. Some more posts to tell me anything I need to show him would help. You all know yall are the best cybering, coffee drinking, swimming with llama, wisley snipes, banana eating players out there. Oh ya and xey...BOOBS. :) Leave posts and I will try and get back to yall.

Starrider

Diabloii.Net Member
Rekoc, I've been wanting to start again for some time now. I'll be more than happy to tag along, if you don't mind. Just tell me the realm.

Rekoc

Diabloii.Net Member
Starrider said:
Rekoc, I've been wanting to start again for some time now. I'll be more than happy to tag along, if you don't mind. Just tell me the realm.
Oh sorry about that I had it in my first post >.<. Anyway realm will be UsEast

Starrider

Diabloii.Net Member
Awesome, I'll be there. I hope you get everything straightened out soon... geez, I almost feel like a newbie again. :) Those were the good ol' days.

gorey

Diabloii.Net Member
I have yet to make a hc char and this seems like the best opportunity to start one. If our play time aline I would be glad to join in the fun.

*captainsham

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
gorey said:
I have yet to make a hc char and this seems like the best opportunity to start one. If our play time aline I would be glad to join in the fun.

*captainsham
oh please! *cuts through air with his right hand*
What on earth would be more fun than levelling to 33 and getting tppk'd in baals. 4 times a day.