Hello, my name is Quietus, and I have a problem.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello, my name is Quietus, and I have a problem.

I seem to have come to a horrifying revelation :

I may be addicted to eggnog.

Yes, that's right, get your laughs out now - but hear me out. I bought a case (16 1 L cartons) a week ago. They're almost all finished. I have singlehandedly polished off over 12 L of it already, and I have a carton next to me as I type this.

.... Ahhh... so good....

Oh, right. So - I've been drinking two cartons a night on average. Or one for breakfast and one when I get home. I'm only home awake for maybe three hours a day! When I have a particularly long day, I find myself craving "just a sip", and the first thing I do when I get home is go to the fridge. Forget food, forget cooking... I want eggnog, dammit! I've had nasty headaches for a while now, and now that I think about it, they come up most frequently when I can't actually have my drink of choice. Pop isn't doing it for me any more, my years-long love affair with Dr. Pepper has been usurped.

I think they should start selling eggnog all year - it's GREAT stuff, I don't see why it has to be seasonal. Who all thinks the same?

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I may be like that, except with Mountain Dew. Not that I have a problem or anything. I could stop drinking it anytime I wanted to. Really. I could quit right now. See, I'm quitting! Ok, just a sip. Maybe a gulp. GIVE ME THE CAN!

kobold

Banned
Eggnog is awesome. As long as you get the good stuff. Some of it has too much nutmeg in it for me.

I'm kind of glad it isn't out all year, for two reasons: I'd likely end up gaining 25 pounds from it, and I don't want to get sick of it. It's a nice holiday treat.

As long as you aren't adding rum to it on a regular basis, enjoy it while it's around.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
Eggnog is awesome. As long as you get the good stuff. Some of it has too much nutmeg in it for me.

I'm kind of glad it isn't out all year, for two reasons: I'd likely end up gaining 25 pounds from it, and I don't want to get sick of it. It's a nice holiday treat.

As long as you aren't adding rum to it on a regular basis, enjoy it while it's around.
*Glances at the carton beside him*

*Looks at the ingredients*

If there's nutmeg in it, it isn't listed. It's awesome out of the carton. And I don't like the taste of alcohol... particularly when paired with eggnog. It takes away that wonderful egg-noggy taste.

Nolecub

Diabloii.Net Member
My wife has the same addiction. Drives me batty with the 2 am runs to WallyWorld to get some.

But you are on the right track...the first step is admitting you have a problem.

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
On topic this time, eggnog is good, but a little thick for my taste. Cook-Out, a chain of fast-food restaraunts around here, do an eggnog shake that is awesome.

kobold

Banned
I'm not sure if the stuff I get has it or not. I've tried some that I could taste it in. Most of the recipes I see to make it includes it as an ingredient.

That's a thought, you could make your own throughout the year, if you get a real hankerin' for it.

I like it with rum too.... Hmmm... I have both waiting in the fridge...

*goes and makes a rum & eggnog*

Cheers!

Mecal

Diabloii.Net Member
i dont really like eggnogg (or however many g's are in there).

i do like Diet Coke though (either the real stuff, or safeway brand).
whenver i want a drink, i always go for the soda.

yeah yeah, its bad. but i think i've built up an endurance :prop:

If you are lucky enough to be able to get Vernor's ginger ale..try mixing that half and half with your nog...OMG!!! It's only good with Vernors though. Another yummilicious thing to do with nog..use it instead of milk when mixing up the eggs for french toast,

BlueDogAnchorite

Diabloii.Net Member
Careful Quietus or in a few years you may end up pawning all your clothes and suffer an embarassment similar to this as you catch the bus to your local store, for more eggnog of course.

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
In true OTF fashion, just as we would attempt to correct Americas political woes, Cure religionism, Conceive origional and amusing ways to entertain the bored masses, talk our own through girl troubles, boy troubles, blow up doll troubles, etc....I propose we help this poor soul to beat that monkey off his over burdoned back. To save Quietus from this deamon we must first develop a plan. A plan that begins with, what else but a 12 step program that will lead him down the path that leads to freedom from this horrid beast this lost soul lovingly refers to as egg nog.

Step 1: Admit you have a problem

Step 2: Start weaning yourself from the evil liquid by adding rum to it, a little at first then slowly increasing the dosage until you wake up in a gutter with a bar tramp named Bertha throwing up in your lap.

Step 3: Get Berthas number just in case you get desperate. After all, she was probebly pretty easy.

Step 4: Shower. Twice

Step 5: Begin the 12 step program for your new addiction to rum & eggnog. This one is going to suck more than the egg nog one.

Step 6: Ask if Bertha has a sister. I'm lonely. :sad2:

Step 7: I'm thinking about this one. While you're waiting help yourself to an egg nog.

Step 8: No wait! Scratch Step 7. That one sucked

Step 9: I'm running out of ideas so....ummmm.....BRING ME A SHRUBBERY!!!

Step 10: Every time you start thinking of egg nog listen to a Britney Spears cd and squeeze jalapeno pepper juice in your eyes.

Step 11: Ask yourself...what exactly is a 'nog' and should I really be drinking one?

Step 12: You have successfully freed yourself from this horrible addiction! Pat yourself on the back and have an egg nog to celebrate!

Lord Nyax

Banned
Just be glad its something like Eggnog...you can carry that around with you.
You gotta feel for anyone that's addicted to something...harder to transport...

Good lord, here's what you're drinking @ 2 liters per night:

2741 calories
172 grams of fat
1198 mg of cholesterol
276 g of carbohydrates
78 g of protein

buttershug

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I may be like that, except with Mountain Dew. Not that I have a problem or anything. I could stop drinking it anytime I wanted to. Really. I could quit right now. See, I'm quitting! Ok, just a sip. Maybe a gulp. GIVE ME THE CAN!
I'm guessing you are talking about American mountain Dew, not our Canuck stuff without caffiene.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are lucky enough to be able to get Vernor's ginger ale..try mixing that half and half with your nog...OMG!!! It's only good with Vernors though. Another yummilicious thing to do with nog..use it instead of milk when mixing up the eggs for french toast,

.... You're tempting me... more than usual. :shocked: Damn... well, this Vernor's... I assume it can be bought in Michigan? If you know of some place in particular (either in the Lansing or Detroit areas preferrably), I may be able to pick some up if I get invited down there at some point. I'm still not sure whether I'd want to be invited or not, in all honesty. You can't take food products across the border, technically.

Bluedog - The difference, is that he's wearing pants. :badteeth:

Freet said:
... Snip....
I like those ideas! In fact, I think I'm doing so well - I'd better just skip to number 12!

ModeratelyConfused said:
Good lord, here's what you're drinking @ 2 liters per night:

2741 calories
172 grams of fat
1198 mg of cholesterol
276 g of carbohydrates
78 g of protein
Actually...

per 250 ML serving,
200 calories
1.5 grams of fat
15 mg of cholesterol
39 grams of carbohydrates
7 grams of protein

That's 1/4 a carton, though, and if I'm averaging just about 1.5 cartons a day...

1200 calories
9 grams of fat
90 mg of cholesterol
234 grams of carbohydrates
42 grams of protein

Significantly less than your numbers!

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm guessing you are talking about American mountain Dew, not our Canuck stuff without caffiene.

Ew, that "Dew Fuel" crap that tastes like they sucked all the awesome out of it with a vacuum?

They even did a number on Dr. Pepper, it's not as good as it used to be.

Gertlex

Banned
Quietus, you can buy vernors pretty much anywhere in michigan, I think... Though not every store has it.

Personally, I'm addicted to Vernors, though it's by far at its best when it's fresh out of the fridge. :)

I've heard of that:laugh: Too bad I lost the away message i had about how fascist or something that loss is.