Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello, looking for fellow high lvl legits to co-op & PvP with...

Discussion in 'Diablo 1' started by FireIceTalon, Sep 16, 2010.

1. FireIceTalon

FireIceTalon IncGamers Member

Hello, looking for fellow high lvl legits to co-op & PvP with...

Whats up fellow d1'ers? :coffee:

Just looking to run hell/hells or PvP with other seasoned legits, preferably with chars lvl 40+. I play on USA West most of the time, east occasionally, and Europe server (channel diablo deu-1).

My accounts are:

FireIceTalon - Rogue 50
    Silmaril - Warrior 50
    Istari - Sorceror 50

these chars are all 5+ years old, with near perfect gear by now. Cant really be bothered to make new chars, thus I now only play hell/hell games or PvP. Legit only of course.

Hope to see some of you on bnet soon, take care for now :)

2. ChaosElement

ChaosElement IncGamers Member

Re: Hello, looking for fellow high lvl legits to co-op & PvP with...

I'm a somewhat mid level legit. But unfortunately I just lost all my gear in a somewhat confusing event.

3. irontigran

irontigran IncGamers Member

nice to meet you, I have a lvl 43 sorc named DualDragon. we should play sometime :p

4. ChaosElement

Lucky people.. I lost my gear. T-T

5. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

Which is why I always used trainers to back my characters up. Sure, if I died I would do my very best to get my gear back, but if the game crashed or internet went down then I wouldn't really consider that fair. Also sometimes it was simply impossible to get your gear back, and IMO it's simply not 'fun' to lose all your stuff for so stupid a reason.

6. FireIceTalon

You dont need a trainer to back your chars up, you can simply copy and paste them into a separate folder then use them to restore when necessary. I keep backups of my chars on both my computer and externally (gmail). Most people will frown upon using a trainer for any reason whatsoever.

Also, you can restore if a item/game lags out or a game crashed, but if you restore because u lacked the skill to get your items back, this would not be legit imo.

Hola, DualDragon ^^

7. ChaosElement

Well, Here's how mine happened. I was hunting down Diablo, Killed Laz etc, But like 2 seconds after I killed Diablo, I guess I lagged or something and I died. It then proceeded to show me the cutscene and boot me from my game, Preventing me from retrieving my gear. I was like ....................

8. Lanthanide

Lanthanide IncGamers Member

I think there's a difference between "lacking skill" and "lacking time", however.

This especially compounds as if you're playing late at night you tend to be tired, and therefore more likely to die in the first place. Then you're faced with the possibility of 2 gruelling hours of slowly getting back to your corpse (especially in stair-trap situations) and it's already 11:30pm at night, it's simply not feasible to do so.

I always would make a realistic attempt, at least 45 minutes+, but sometimes you simply have to give up.

9. irontigran

IMO, there's def. a grey zone when it comes to getting gear back. of course just dying fairly and then automatically pasting your backup is wrong... and of course glitch-losing/super lagging is ok to get it back on (in terms of legitimacy"

there are times in between though where there's a little lag and you die.. lag is lag right? ..but it was only a little and if you were alert you should have handled it. etc. a few times I may have done shady restarts in some players eyes, while others would say it was 100% ok. only the user can see/feel what happened and try to make a judgement.
    sometimes Im too strict and others not so much..:scratchchin:

10. FireIceTalon

Its a grey area, just like shrining items to 255 durability (inde) is. There is so many bugs and controversial aspects of the game its become truly difficult to determine what is legit and what isnt. What maybe ok with one person, might totally not be with another. Obviously, there a few no brainers, like the dupe bug or mana shield bug. But things like restoring, shrining items to indestructible durability, and using elemental bows in PvP I think really is subjective.

If you were in a game with someone and you dropped some of your items, and that person stole them, would restoring your char be cheating at that point? Alot of people seem to think it would be, as many consider stealing, while unethical, to be perfectly legit. I have some issues with this though, as #1 the items you are stealing, you do not know their true origin (only the original finder does), and #2, I dont exactly consider stealing to be legit. If you steal in real life, you go to jail, so why should it be any different here? If you are a thief, no one will game with you and your reputation will be shattered, which is essentially the same thing. I think in such a case, the victimized person has a right to restore their char, especially if their reputation is solid and many know their items already.

I used elemental bows in PvP sometimes, which are known to have buggy dmg (sometimes arrows can kill a person with 1 hit, even if the resistance is maxed!), but this is another one of those grey areas. However, if someone really disapproves of me using these bows, i will gladly use my Massive Swiftness to be their choice of demise, i can duel with either bow equally well :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  11. ChaosElement

Idk, Maybe I'm a noob cause I died. But I haven't played since then.. Lol. I lost all my gear, Which was pretty good, And now I'm stuck with an empty character.

12. irontigran

Im confused.. if you were on 16 you should not have dropped gear w/ death..

what class? I might have a few things.

13. ChaosElement

I'm a Warrior, But I started a Rogue. Plus I found a few.... Illegitimate ways to get some gear. Lol.