Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello i'm new/lost

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Helminator, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Helminator

Helminator IncGamers Member

Hello i'm new/lost

I'm completly overwhelmed by the sheer information on this game lol... I bought Diablo 2 yesterday and started playing offline, all in all a fun game. And i have a few questions, can i use my offline char for the online part? And if i do are there low level games i can participate in? Or should i max him out and then join the multiplayer aspect?

2. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

hi and welcome to the d2 world!

to answer ur questions:

1) u can't use a offline char to a online game (asumming this means connecting to bnet). u'll have to create a char from scratch online to play him there.

2) the difficulty u start on starts out very easy and gets harder as u move along. playing in group games will help u learn the ropes espically ones who dont end up skipping and lvl'ing up too fast. i guess beating single player will help u learn on how the game works before joining multiplayer.

3. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

no, offline and online are separate, unless you want to play in the "Open" realm where every single characer probably uses hacks and dupes and o ther illegal stuff.

4. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

well multiplayer aka bnet ppl also use hacks and dupes which is almost like open.

5. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

But from what I see, not as much.

6. Grumpy Old Wizard

Grumpy Old Wizard IncGamers Member

Check out the single player forum under gthe strategy forums. Sometimes single players get together on open battlenet to play.

Whether your character is stored on you harddrive or battlenet servers you will have to make the choice on whether or not to cheat. I recommend not cheating as cheating is likely to ruin the game for you.

7. Helminator

Wow fast information, thanks for the replies. I think i'm going to just start an online character tonight since my char is only lvl7 lol. I hope i can have some fun, and no i'm not a cheater i played Eqoa for 3 years never once glitched, duped and or cheated. This is my first PC online game so i'm looking forward to joining the fun.

8. Helminator

Oh one more thing, i don't have the expansion for Diablo 2 is this a problem that i need to rectify?

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

As you just started playing, I suggest to stop reading the forums here right now and do whatever comes to your mind. For me, beating Diablo in normal singleplayer for the very first time while being a newbie was the greatest part of it all and asking for help will spoil that. But don't forget to come back when you are through with the game in normal mode :wink3:

Ask questions if you are stuck and not if you just don't know where to spend skill or stats points. Your first character will probably be skilled badly, so he won't survive in hell mode, but IMO that's irrelevant. You can still do that with your second or third character.

Just start with the core game. When you are through with Diablo in normal mode, buy the expansion and continue.

10. Helminator

Sound advice my friend, i remember my noob days on Eq and boy were those the greatest lol. Then came the high end and the guild power struggles with days of farming the best gear. Being the best tank required the utmost skill/money/gear. So in summary i believe i will noob it up and have fun. Thanks again.