Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello, I'm new here

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by HipHopAnon, Oct 29, 2006.

1. HipHopAnon

HipHopAnon IncGamers Member

Hello, I'm new here

I hope this is the right forum.

I just got back into D2 again, when I stopped it 1.10 was out for about a month.

So I need some advice for 1.11. I'm not really interested in PvP just PvM and magic find.

My first (and only) character is a Concen barb which hasn't turned out too great mainly due to I have very little in the way of gear. He's stuck at act 1 Hell (level 72 that still uses treads of cthon) Now for the my questions.

I need a character than I can take to hell and MF with and hopefully build up some decent wealth, all with minimal gear. I'm not talking about runewords here, just mainly good uniques. I don't trust runes unless I find them myself, so I'll stick with uniques.

So any help would be very appreciated. Sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

My first thought is a Hammerdin. But I'm no longer sure how well they work on Hell bosses.

Edit: I'm no longer sure how much MF is "good" anymore. When I last played 300 was about the norm, and then when I come back I'm told 300 is too much or too little. So some advice would be welcomed on how much MF to try to reach.

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Fishymancer has to be at the top of that list. MF'ing Nightmare Memphisto can net you some good Hell gear if you want to continue with your current character. Bear in mind Fishys can solo anywhere on LOW player settings. Take them into a high player setting and they will take a long time to kill anything unless you have crushing blow and help out your minions. Good luck and welcome.

3. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Welcome to the forum.

MFing at Hell? Build up decent wealth? My answer: A fishymancer!! Just summon minions to fight for you, and whenever you saw a corpse, cast Amplify Damage, and continue casting Corpse Explosion to see the chain reaction of bombing, then next mob.

EDIT: Pwned by Thyiad..

4. HipHopAnon

I've tried running NM meph with my barb, but even when I wear normal gear it's very slow, he has a lot more life than I can deal with on a speedy basis. With my MF gear (mostly store bought and topazed gear) it's just a pain in the butt with me making trips back to town for pots so I'm stuck with the council, and NM council drops garbage.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I have a necro made already and oddly enough he was a summon necro. I think I'll get on building him up.

By player settings you mean numbers of players right? If so that's cool, I only go into party games when I need Baal Runs, and even then I normally stand back and leech (lol). Otherwise I play alone or with a friend.

5. Pom Shadd

Pom Shadd IncGamers Member

Fishymancer is a good suggestion, but if you play on battle.net, and thus can't guarantee the roll of a fast hell Meph map, I'd recommend some kind of fire/ice sorc. Meteorb or Blizzballer would both be able to teleport quickly to the low hell bosses (Andy/Meph) in question, and shouldnt have any trouble dispatching them. And, since you already have a lvl 71 character, you probably have the runes for words like Spirit (broadsword or sheild), or Insight. Insight especially will negate the need to put any points in energy, and teleport will get you to bosses much faster than having to hoof it.

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I'll 2nd the call for a MF sorc. Meteorb and Blizzballers (both stickied in sorc guide library) are the best MFers for poor/newly starting chars IMHO.

7. BlueDogAnchorite

BlueDogAnchorite IncGamers Member

Hammerdins are pretty effective mfers too. It's quite easy to get full resistances in hell and still do enough damage to kill things quickly even if you are soloing in 8 player games.

Before I even built up any wealth and started trading, I had full res, max block and 5k damage and about 350% mf which I thought was pretty good going for self found/made equipment!

8. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

300 magic find is good eonugh, maybe get it up to 400 or 450 eventually.

9. rykuss

rykuss Banned

Welcome to the forum! :thumbsup: I myself started off with a Fishymancer this season and it was great. I had alot of luck early on and made "wealth" in a dusk shroud. I put alot of MF gear on him(more than any char I've ever made) and ran the pit primarily. I had to stay back to avoid cold enchanted monsters(blast radius) but aside from that, I had little difficulty with it. The place that proved to be most difficult was the Chaos Sanctuary, Diablo basically. The rest of the monsters weren't so bad it was just that they fell to Diablo in roughly 3 seconds flat. Yeah, I was standing there awkwardly. :shocked:

Annoying places: the Maggot Lair, Arcane Sanctuary. Man what a pain in the rear it was to do these places, not impossible just take a while. An item with charges of teleport will speed them up though. I used an ammy early on, later I used a Naj staff on switch, in the end I finally made an "Enigma". Good luck with whatever char you decide on. :thumbsup:

10. k/t

k/t Banned

They're not "fishymancers" unless you have a 4 Eth 2 Shael PB and Guillaume on your necro. If you do not, they're summoners, or summoning necros.

If you can rip through wherever you are, 300 MF is plenty.

11. HipHopAnon

I've started on the summon necro, he's level 21 or 22. Working out great. Luckily I am a pack rat and found I muled a couple things and ended up with +5 skeleton mastery +3 clay golem and +2 CE. So I was able to get 20 skill points into Summon skeleton at level 20, yet was still able to Amp/CE clustered enemies. Workskull helped even more once I got to 21.

To give you an idea how well it worked out, Andy died while I was IDing a small charm, and duriel died before I had completely stopped lagging. Both were when a friend of mine was idling in game.

It's working terrific, half way through act 3 and nothing has slowed me down.

Thanks again for all your help.

12. k/t

k/t Banned

I have a low necro torch you can have for cheap.