Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello, I need some MF advice and tips, please.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Arthial, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

Hello, I need some MF advice and tips, please.

After not playing this game and a few updates coming out, I have become very rusty. I used to use a Skelemancer for clearing The Pits, Pindle, Shenk, and That other dude by the WP to Shenk (see I can't even remember names) I enjoyed my Skelemaster immensely and I am wondering if a Skelemancer is a good choice for a person with no funds just returning to the game, to MF with to get enough good gear to make a more expensive MFer? Any help is very appreciated, I would be following Fish's Skelemancer guide but can someone explain what my base stats should be, I know enough for this and that but really how much should I raise them seeing as how this is my first character?

2. Nexo

Nexo IncGamers Member

Re: Hello, I need some MF advice and tips, please.

it's a very good good choice for a 1st ladder char, i always start with one.

Homunculus is a very good shield because it allows you to get a very good block, so you should put some points in it until you get max block (you need something like 200 total dex at lv 90 for it, deduce base, dex you can get on items, charms, torch, anni if you get one...) Just don't worry too much about stats, you can respect them 3 times for free, then you just need tokens that cost pul or can be self made with 4 essences from different colors (drops off act bosses)

You will also need a little str, put as much str as needed to equip your gear as you level up. All the rest should go to vita. When you have all the items you wanted for him, respect stats either with ashara or with a token so you can adjust values : goal is to have as much vita as you can and not a single wasted point in str or dex.

Now, when it comes to mf, arround lv 85, your built should be done for a while, get a wisp projector (ring) make sure you are max light / fire resists and start running chaos and wsk, these are to my opinion best mf areas with a summoner. Big pack of mobs, tc 85, a lot of room for your army to move arround... and a nice boss in the end. Just amp at will and then CE the hell out of 'em once you get a corpse ^^ wether it's not as fast as a light sorc, you can still run chaos + baal pretty fast in a private/solo game and you can wear much more mf than a sorc would for those areas... my summoner got arround 350mf and clears just slightly slower then the light sorc which has only 150.

On a side note, if you are following Fish's Skelemancer guide if i remember right he doesn't consider mages as usefull, i have to disagree here, i max both and when you mf in large areas that's not a problem, rather an advantage (to take on pi, freeze, poison...).

Have fun with it :)

Nexo.

3. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

Thank you Nexo for replying to my thread! I am still wondering about the stats since I have no gear, nor do I buy it from sites, I haven't got a clue what my base stats should be just for safety sake, when it does come to when I get the gear, I will be using this necro to build a wealth to fund a faster mfer, such as a lightning sorc, or hammerdin. If you could help with a safe stat outlay, which I know I can respec later on, but I would like to know what to do now, lol. I look foward to the help I get.

4. scrubsIzHere

scrubsIzHere IncGamers Member

just enough str and dex to get your gear on and rest vit thats a very sold mf build always. its pvm so life is important. also u need lots o res i can give u a wand some marrowwalks and a nice necro belt if u want im on ladder west.

5. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

I'm on US EAST, but thanks for the offer though!

Also I haven't played in a while what kind of sorc, makes a good poor mans mfer?

6. Zarniwoop

Zarniwoop IncGamers Member

7. scrubsIzHere

everyone starts poor haha. well a great sorc is light. very high damage, the sad thing is everyone makes a light sorc so the gear is expensive. i have a light and fire sorc. and my firesorc will kill hell diablo faster then my light but im running a perfect monarch pheonix(expensive) occy(cheep) mara's(expensive) tals armor with a 5/5 fire facet(armor set is mod price, fire facets im not sure what they go for) . 1 soj (i think they go for an ist) and 1 perfect nagel ring(pul). and a shako with a ptopaz(cheep pul+ptopaz) if you really just did start back up i can rush u and give u that stuff for free man. come to west lol

8. scrubsIzHere

9. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

Maybe I will join you, PM me your account so I can add you when I play tomorrow.

10. scrubsIzHere

my tag here is same as my tag on west so f a scrubsizhere and pm me if im on

11. nurman

nurman IncGamers Member

Tbh, blizzard sorceress would be the best one to start with, but fishymancer comes pretty close.

12. Arthial

Arthial IncGamers Member

Ok so I will be a Blizzard Sorceress Magic Finder for starters, and when I have great gear for a stronger twin-element sorceress I will respec into that or a lightning sorceress. Now which class makes a good rusher, because I want to make cash through mfing and rushing people, any advice will be most appreciated!

13. Nexo

Nexo IncGamers Member

light sorc / hammerdin are popular choices to rush peoples :)