Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello fellow new users! Here's another one (warning, long post) de

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by HardyTarget, Apr 14, 2005.

1. HardyTarget

HardyTarget Diabloii.Net Member

Hello fellow new users! Here's another one (warning, long post)

First few details about myself : 22years old, Finnish, diablo2NUTTIE (okay, that's enough).
    I just joined today but I've been browsing some of the diablo 2 content here for awhile. I'm also not new to the game itself and I play quite actively these days after a 6-month hiatus.
    The trading forum mainly hooked my interest since it seems like a nice and fast way to trade items of any kind and the users seem quite nice too, I've only done trading in the games (with o blahblah n blah gamenames). I'm quite anxious to get into trading here but I'm aware that it would be nice if I didn't rush trading immediately after joining so I'll post patiently somewhere else on the forum first (TOUGH) and get to know some peeps here a bit, then proceed to tradings.
    There are some things I'm new in the ladder games though, I searched some of the chat commands for in-games in the blizzard homepage but couldn't find all of them (whispering etc) and I'd be glad if someone assisted with them a bit.
    Looking forward to get to know some peeps and stuff

~ Cheers, *HT

EDIT : didn't appear to be that long post after all, heh.

2. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

welcome to the forums!

as for the bnet commands, they are right on the bnet chat window. click help and you will find all the commands and what they do.

hope you enjoy your stay :thumbsup:

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Welcom to the forums!

Take a look through the forum rules ( linked in my signature) as they will help you out in knowing what is not allowed.

A note on traading on these forums :

You cannot trade items "of any kind" you may want to look over the do not trade and dupe lists listed on this site, as items that are either known dupes or on the do not trade list are not allowed to be traded.

General trade rules can be found here :

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=260177

You may address trade questions to the the mods of whatever trade forum you will use, I.E. East standard, West Standard or Europe.

As to commands, this thread my help somewhat :
    http://www.rpgforums.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3434091

Other chat commands :
    All commands start using a slash ( / )

Wisper other player = /whisper <char name> <message> ...Example : /whisper alainpp66 Hi how are you ?

the user with the char name of Alainpp66 would then see your message in green, and you will also see the message you sent in green.

more commands :

All account names must have a * in front of them when used in a message.

/f a *account name ( adds someones account name to your friend list, the friend list has 25 slots per account available)

/f r *account name (removes someones account from your friend list)

/f p *accountname ( moves an account up one slot on friend list)

/f d *account name (demotes someones account by one slot)

/f msg *account name (sends a message to everyone on your friend list. Note : when talking to only one person on your friend list, try not to message the entire list, this annoys people)

/help ( opens the help list)

/time ( tells you the curretn battle.net time and your current local time)

/dnd ( activates the "do not disturb mode, type /dnd again to turn it off)

/who <chat channel name> (tells you the names and accounts of people in a given chat channel, if no one is there in that channel, you will get a message saying that the channel does not exist

/away ( this command marks you as being away from your keyboard, you can put in a message also. Type /away again to turn it off.)

More as I remember them...

4. HardyTarget

HardyTarget Diabloii.Net Member

Many thanks to both of you for the fast reply & help.
    I don't use chatrooms at all (I only use in-game-chats) so I wasn't aware of some of these commands.
    I have read the rules before I registered but there are quite a few to remember, heh. I'm doing my best not to break any as getting banned seems rather easy.
    My intension is not to spam or anything so I'll leave this thread alone now.
    Thanks again.