Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hello everyone, a couple questions.

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Vharis, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Vharis

Vharis IncGamers Member

Hello everyone, a couple questions.

Ok, it's been literally years since I've played, but I've gotten back into the game. I've got LOD 1.11 too.

First off, I'm playing a freeze/zealot paladin and a summoner necro. I'm more partial to the paladin, but I'm also interested in the barbarian but I'm leery about playing it.

At any rate, I keep reading about this /players 1-8 thing, is that only for battle.net? I'll assume there's no way to have that in the single player. Also, I've been wondering if the gameplay is different in solo open battle.net games as well.

If there is no way to get the /players 1-8 in single player, I'll more than likely play solo games on b.net. I'm just not sure if I want to stick with a zealon paladin, the "army of undead" necro, or the barbarian. I'm really into the melee aspect, I just love to hack and slash, so I was looking for a simple build for the barbarian where I can dual wield some swords or something and just go to town. I'm not a fan of the shields.

So anyway, rambling thread with some questions and to say hello! I really do like the Barbarian so... a simplified build that show's the prereq's would be most appreciative, I can't find any that actually show pre-reqs. Also, I've not found any builds that allow for dual wielding. So, if anyone can help me out there, I would also appreciate that. Thanks for reading, and helping out a guy.

2. jwhite82

jwhite82 IncGamers Member

Re: Hello everyone, a couple questions.

The /players 1-8 command is only available in single player.

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

The /players X command only works on Single Player.

Open Battle.net is hack city. I don't recommend it.

Frenzy barbs are a fun dual wielding class. There should be a few guides in the Barbarian forum.

Welcome to the forums!

4. Vharis

Vharis IncGamers Member

Ok, so if that's a single player command, how would I go about setting that in a single player game?

Do I just hit the tilda key and type /players 8 ?

(Edit) Nevermind, I figured it out, that's a cool little command there. I like that.

5. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Press the Enter key to open the prompt, as if you were going to chat. Then type "/players x" where X is a number from 1 to 8. You'll get a message afterwards if you do it right, something like "players set to 8".

6. Palurien

Palurien IncGamers Member

As Mursilis said, but just want to point your attention to that there is no space between "players" and the number (mursilis didnt do a space either but since the players and x appeared just at a line shift (well on my browser anyway), you may not have noticed it).

So to sum up, yes, just type i.e. /players8 (NOT /players 8) :)

7. Vharis

Vharis IncGamers Member

Ok, cool thanks guys.

What are the benefits of using that command. I did notice mobs have more hp, but what else do you get with that setting? Better drops? I'll assume it just makes the mobs harder, but if it increases the chance for item drops and stuff, that'd be nice. I'm a purest anyway, I just use whatever I get from drops, so if it allows for a higher chance then cool, or if it adds to the percentage.. I dunno. If you guys know what it does, I'd be glad to know. I'm using /players5 for my barb atm.

8. Palurien

Palurien IncGamers Member

As you noted yourself, it gives the mobs more hp.

The benefits of the command are:

*Increased chance of drops
    *Increased xp gain

Think thats it, if there are any more I am sure a more experienced member will point it out. But basically its great for leveling (assuming you dont just take a lot longer killing them than you would otherwise ofc) and for getting good drops.

9. Vharis

Vharis IncGamers Member

Awesome, that's really good to know. No wonder this game is so addicting.

10. lionheartthebrave

lionheartthebrave IncGamers Member

They both work, try it and see

When running Baal a good tip is to type /players 8, so if you hit the backspace key hard it won't screw up the p settings, p8 baal isn't fun for some characters

Also monster's damage increases by about 6% per extra player, though I don't know if that is just physical or elemental as well

Also it doesn't technically give a better chance of finding unique items, it reduces the chance of "no drop" from monsters, so more items drop. More drops leads to a better probability of one of those drops being unique