Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hellforge

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by dagooz, Oct 17, 2006.

1. dagooz

dagooz IncGamers Member

hellforge

hi

I am a noob. I have heard ppl do hell forge runs for runes. But can't you only do that for each difficulty level? Do you have to start a new character and lvl him to hell for each run? How does that work?

2. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

They rush new characters to Hell, do their Forges, delete, then repeat.
    To get low level chars to Hell, they simply stand in Harrogath while someone that needs the Baal quest kills Baal. Once Baal dies, the low level also receives credit and can go on to the next difficulty.

3. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Or rush in classic and convert to xp when you hit act 3 hell, then you'll be in act 3 hell in lod and never needed to do act 5 with it's ancients or baal glichrush. The rushes get also faster, can be around 50 minutes each if you've got a good char for the job.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You'll be in act 1 hell after converting.

5. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You're not a noob, you're a newbie. Newbies know that they're new at something, and try to get better (your situation) but noobs don't know that they're noobs, and think they know everything, and usually that the whole world revolves arund them.

6. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

People usually use two computers for that, or two copies of Diablo running on the same computer. The first char is the rusher (high-level teleporting character), and the second one is the rushee (brand new Lvl 1 character). With a bit of practice, you can rush your Lvl 1 character up to Hell Hellforge in 1.5~2 hours. I used to do it, but it's very boring and now I don't do it anymore :rolleyes:. Not counting the fact that you can get a Hel rune in reward of your efforts :hanky:...

7. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

1,5-2h is a long time frosty, bring them down to 50 mins and they start to get worthwile :wink3::tongue:
    oops, true, was a coupple months ago my last classic hf rushes ... thanks for pointing it out. Still need to get to act 3 before converting, otherwise you'll end up in nightmare and have to glitch baal there.

8. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

I'm fairly certain you'll still be in act 3. I know the exact act completed count is used to determine the difficulty, that's why act 2 isn't enough, but once you get far enough to reach Hell, your progress in Hell will be unchanged.

9. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Now you made me even more unsertain :laugh: hmm, might be able to throw in a hf rush tonight just for testing ...

10. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

The number of acts doesn't change. Upon completing twelve acts in classic, you'll be given credit for twelve acts in expansion. That means if you've defeated hell Diablo in classic, you'll only be given credit for defeating hell Duriel in expansion - twelve total acts each. You'll still need to defeat hell Mephisto after upgrading, but will still have one soulstone if you haven't done the hellforge. At least this was how it was explained early in the first ladder season.

11. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

hmm, so the trick to get past the lvl 20/40 arreat summit thing would be to get to finish Act 2 hell, then convert. You'll start in Hell Act 1. Do I have this right? Can someone confirm?

Now the trick is to level up a char in classic that's capable of rushing through hell duriel. That's going to take a while - anyone still play classic?

12. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Yes, but sometimes these "Baal for Quest" games are sooo hard to find. And btw, I'm a fast rusher, but <1h sounds very impressive :thumbsup: !

13. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

I know you're a fast rusher :laugh: rushed my ama once as you might recall, cant think of a reason why you should be slower now :azn: However classic rushing is simply the fastest.

Myself, I was accually around 1h, but 50 min should be possible with slitly better gear or higher lvl (mine in classic is only lvl 71-75 something.)

14. jjscud

jjscud IncGamers Member

I'll again argue that you'll still be Act 3 but with others saying differently that doesn't do much.

Here's part a of a guide (or detailed post?) by vdzele on the classic forum.

In fact, here's the whole thread, I believe its a guide on this very topic, should be quite useful.

15. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Yes, I agree. You can rush you're character in 1 hour if you would find baal for quest games in 1 minute. However in most cases you will not be able to find them that fast...more like 15 minutes, sometimes even 30 minutes
    If you have to wait 30 minutes for a Baal4q game, i don't see how you can possibly rush a char in 1 hour