Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hellforge rushing

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Klæmint Vágadal, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal IncGamers Member

Hellforge rushing

Is this not a good way to gain wealth? Rushing mules or new chars to Hellforge? Can this be done over and over and over again? How?:scratch:

I mean getting lvl 1 chars to hell..:rolleyes:

2. Bulgarian

Bulgarian Banned

glitch rush

get rushed to act 5

party with somebody who is doing baal for quest

3. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

It's doable, and would be especially helpful if you have a second copy of D2 so you can rush yourself. How to do it? Make mule, grush* it to Hell, take the forge (might want to take NM forge too while you're at it), and repeat.

*grush=glitch rush (or bug rush, whatever you want to call it)-the low level stands in Harrogath while someone that needs the Baal quest kills Baal. When Baal dies, the low level will also get credit for the quest and be allowed to move on to the next difficulty without having to kill the Ancients.

4. Klæmint Vágadal

Doses the low lvl him self HAVE to kill baal? I mean if someone makes game "Need help with baal q" and a lvl 90 char joins to help, and HE kills him, do I still get the quest?

Yes, I got 2 copy's of LOD, maybe I need a second copy of the classic..

5. superdave

superdave IncGamers Member

the low level can stand in town.

6. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Yes. The only 3 stipulations are:
    1. The low level himself needs to be the host of the game (or someone else that does not have the quest completed can be the host.
    2. The low level needs to be partied with someone that needs that Baal quest.
    3. Whoever the low level is partied to must be in the Worldstone Chamber when Baal dies.

ie.
    You (level 1)-standing in town
    Some guy that needs the Baal quest (level 32)-in Worldstone Chamber
    Some other guy that's actually doing the killing (level 87 xXGodlyz_HammurzXx)-kills Baal

7. Klæmint Vágadal

Cool, thanks guys, that clears it alot up for me:thumbsup: This seems like a good and easy way to gain some wealth:smile:

8. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

I tried that for a while, and found it immensely difficult to do. When you offer to do Baal for quest, people assume that the high level will PK them. Perhaps this is only in HC, but still, I've found it difficult to do. As a way around this, I've leveld up a char to do the rushing in Classic. That way, you don't have to worry about the ancients or A5 at all. Just rush the char straight up, and then convert it to expansion to do the forges.

As a side note, this bug works for every quest that a char is elegible to get. If there is a character who needs the quest in the area necessary to get it (i.e. Sewer 3 for Radament, the Den for the skill point, etc.) then you can get the quest by being partied and standing in town. This can be useful if you're running through the game. Have the second copy open, with the partied lvl 1 sitting in town, and they'll get all of the quests as you run through the game.

9. TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy IncGamers Member

One secrete I have been told is to create a classic Sorc and rush guys via the typical rushing techniques. Then take your lvl 1 classic character in Act 4 Hell and convert him to expansion. This way you aviod all the act 5 non-sense with finding someone who hasn't done quest (remember there is no Act 5 is Classic).

Edit: This may only work on Non-ladder, not sure though

10. WebDragon

WebDragon IncGamers Member

Actually, it works on ladder and non-ladder. Also, you only need to rush to act 3 classic before converting.

Oh and, yes, its highly rewarding. :cool:

On a side note, once you're done with the character's forges, you can just jump onto chaos runs with your level 1 and hit 60+ in no time.

11. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Having a duriel mule ie: char who has used the staff in act2 but never killed duriel, can save you a lot of time especially when rushing groups of mules.Simply clear the palace through to the summoner and bring in each mule and run to canyon wp in the same game.
    After that its one step for each mule to kill duriel instead of doing all quests each time.

12. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

ive hf rushed about 4 of my mules....and i didn't get a rune over pul

so i just couldn't b bothered.

but definately do=able overnight if you are able to find the baal4quest games.

13. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

1. Doing it with 1 rusher and 3 rushees (the maximum number of D2 instances from a single IP is 4) is even better - 3x the runes. Although then you need 4 Classic + 4 LoD keys.

2. Classic rushing allows you to skip Act 5, thereby in principle going faster, but remember that Classic characters are much weaker. I spent quite a while leveling up a sorc in Classic for this, and she was constantly running out of mana. In fact, since my LoD sorc could teleport and kill so much faster due to better gear, rushing in Classic was actually slower overall due to glitched rushing. As has been noted, you only have to get to level 3, not past it, to convert to LoD and be in Hell, which is a lifesaver as the Council is much easier to kill in LoD.

3. Make sure to grab the imbue and socketing quests along the way. If you don't want to level up all the characters, imbue diadems, since they won't be affected by the low clvl as other items will be.

4. Duriel mules aren't nearly as effective anymore because you still have to get the amulet and kill the summoner.

14. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I have had a few lucky drops from this, but the hard/tedious/downright aggravating part is finding someone who needs the quest to help you G-rush. I've spent nearly an hour waiting for someone to join, only to have them bail on me after the minons were dead. I had this grand plan of rushing all my mules (~48 chars), but after 5 of them I was so frustrated I gave it up and went to key-running instead.

15. McCain123

McCain123 IncGamers Member

If you want to do a rush more than once in a while, do it in classic. I constantly do complete rushes with the mules ready for the quests in 65 minutes. I haven´t even once get close to that time in LOD. Finding guys to leech the quest from them, them regularly leaving your games, once the minions are dead is so frustrating, I wouldn´t even do it once again.

16. Brona

Brona IncGamers Member

I was thinking of doing this, but the finding someone for quest part can get insane. Before I even saw this thread, I was thinking this would be a good, semi-quick way to get some good HRs.

17. BlueOctoberFan

BlueOctoberFan IncGamers Member

I may be recalling incorrectly, but I thought that when you open the orifice for Dury, that quest log window changes, and you no longer see which tomb he's in. So, how can you tell which tomb Dury is in when using one of these mules?

18. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

There very effective if you already get the canyon wp.I run 8 mules through to canyon wp in game made with duriel mule .Then open another with duriel mule and simply run to the correct tomb with rusher, clear everything ,kill duriel, bring in second mule, both talk to tyreal ..two mules go to act 3 together ..simple:grin:

As long as you dont kill duriel with the char that opened the orifice you still see the correct tomb.The only thing i've found that changes is when you join the game in act1 and switch to act two the sign for the tomb changes then :scratch:....thats kinda weird but true...

19. Klæmint Vágadal

Well, I just tried to rush clvl 3 to NM, and you guys are right about finding the Baal4Quest game, it's drag! But rushing char's in Classic sounds interesting :scratch:

I just have to get them to Hell Act 3 then convert them right?

OT: I made a thread about muted CD key. Now I have bought a second copy of LOD, but I still cant whisper, doses this mean that my new LOD key is automaticly muted bcoz the classic was muted too? I have a new classic key too, but I am afraid to test it bcoz I dont know if it will get muted too:undecided: