Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hellforge rushing

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tibialposse, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Tibialposse

Tibialposse IncGamers Member

hellforge rushing

I'd like some opinions on whether to do it or not and to share my limited experience.

I had of course seen the spam in the trade channels or games like "I rush 4 forge" when I look for games to join but I never considered doing it either as the rusher or the rushee till I ended up with good enough gear to apply the rush like I did this ladder. I have a summoner with enigma and he's good for doing whatever I want and I thought why not I'll try it.

The first try was in response to a game I created with an advertisement type name and the person I rushed seemed like a veteran. I took him through act 3 and did Izzy for him then I went to the forge. He smacked the forge and stepped back and I collected a mal rune. Then I finished act 4 and did anya, ancients and took him thru baal just for fun. Not too bad.

The second and third were friends of the above guy and there werte no hitches. The next guy however popped into my hell game and said the char. he wanted rushed needed nm baal first and then rushed. I agreed and went to his nm game and he was a lvl 78 druid. I went to the throne opened a tp he popped in and at the last wave of minions he tried to tppk me but I was ready for him and I moved and exited the game.

The next was another druid and he used pickit to grab all the loot at the forge and left the game never to be heard from again. Of course he got only the 3rd gul I've ever seen drop anywhere in the game. I won't say who he was as I assumed I would get stiffed eventually and I was ok with it.

Since then I have done it 5 more times and I have got 3 more mals an ist and a fal rune which seems pretty great to me.

My questions are, when doing these rushes, how much do you do. For instance, I did the tome Q in act 3 for all of them and the den and sewers for 3 of them. Izzy and andy and shenk for all and I gave all the wps to most. Is this what is expected or is it a lil more. Do you do Izzy before the forge or after? I just wanted to see if there was any feedback on what is normal. I don't mind the extra stuff. Its fun to be able to do it. I think it usually takes me 20-25 minutes to do what I stated.If I did the bare minimum 15-20. I wouldn't like to do it with any of my sorcs. The necro doesn't have to worry about immunes or any merc deaths except in the last of act 4 so it seems to me the best for the job.

That's all. Feedback appreciated.

2. ShadyPhoenix

ShadyPhoenix IncGamers Member

I did it three times today and got stiffed each time.

I did it once just for fun yesterday and got a Hel rune.

But I digress.

I usually just do the necessary quests to get them to Act 5 and give them the WPs. If they ask for the extra stuff, I'll do it for them at no extra cost.

3. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

When I rush, which isn't often now, I just give them the basics unless they ask fer others. When I rush friends/people I know, give them the fullblown rush easier fer them.

4. sAYwQQT

sAYwQQT IncGamers Member

People that ask for rushes for HF and dont give the HF anyway deserve to be burned in hell. Personally I feel like grabbing their ancles and dipping them headfirst into the river of flame..

Its just too low, I mean you trust someone and they show nothing but filth.

Am I being too harsh? I think NOT :)

Nice to see that it made you some rune values fast ;) I should try this. Do you get the loot from the bosses as well as hf?

-wQQT

5. Tibialposse

I keep some of the drops-- I have most of the items I want from the game at least once so I let them have most things.

6. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

I am also thinking about making a summoner rusher that uses enigma.

If I do rush people for their forge, I will make it clear in act 1 that I will not give ANY waypoints until the rush is complete. If they agree, then they are most likley honest people and understand why you have this rule. If they do not agree and threaten to leave, fine. They arn't the only people on b.net looking for a rush, and they probably planned on scamming you anyway, which saves me the time of doing all the work to discover their true intentions all along.

I have a question though. I've heard that summoners have a hard time in act3. Travincal and Meph are said to be difficult to clear. Can anyone shed some light on this?

7. ShadyPhoenix

ShadyPhoenix IncGamers Member

I personally feel silly for not thinking of doing something like this sooner.

Thanks for the idea! :)
    My Trang Summoner did fairly well against anything but act bosses, so I'm not sure.

8. Emerald Dragon

What does tppk mean? When you hostile someone, all of you tp's dissapear. So whats this is tppk thing?

This is a basic rush in hell assuming they just got out of nightmare.

Act 1: Kill Andy (I wish act 2 was this fast).

Act 2: Get staff of kings from maggot lair.

Get amulet from claw viper temple.

Kill summoner . I dont think they need to be present for this. If they die or something and you end up killing him as they run through town towards the tp area (Why the hell did they have to put the respawn point on the other side of the dang city, and the merc reviver as far north of the tp area as possible), they can still go through the red portal. The only thing they cant do if they are not present during the summoners death is take any tp's made in the tombs.

Transmute staff and stick it in that thingy. Pwn Duriel.

Act 3: Kill council. If they arnt present when the council members are slain, they are screwed and have to make a new game.

Kill Meph.

Act 4: Do hellforge.

That is the basic rush. Anything else is optional. If the person is honest and doesn't try to pull anything, I help them kill diablo, then do ancients and give them the wsk waypoint.

One time I rushed two guys through nightmare at the same time, and the plan was to make different games when doing hellforges so their drops wouldn't mix. For some reason we just did it that game anyway. One guy stood back while the other smashed the stone, and quickly moved back as the gems started dropping. I picked up the gems and an um. :)

So I helped them kill Diablo and do ancients/give wsk waypoint. It makes you feel good when you get a good rune drop and the rushee was honest.

Personally, I am suspicious of the person the entire rush until we get to the forge. If they did not try to pull anything, then I feel bad for suspecting an honest person and make it up by helping them finish act 4 and doing ancients/wp.

That's just me though. Others may think differently.

9. Tibialposse

My summoner wears the following:
    enigma/hoto/upped homunc/rare 2 skills ammy/shako/tgods/chancies/raven/bk/anni
    on switch 5 bo cta and spitit monarch

merc wears eth wyrm duress / eth obediance / guillames

the merc owns all bosses with his 90% crushing blow and dies only from im without any leech. The council is no prob. I kill baal with him and no minions in less than 15 seconds. I usually teleport to the 4 oclock side of the council then I pop in along that wall and attack them from the inside using decrep and ce once there are bodies. This is probably the most dangerous part of the rush in case on of them has fe bug but meph goes down fast and is no problem.

thanks for the suggestions on the wps that should stop some of the hassles.

10. Emerald Dragon

Some questions on some of your gear.

Why not wear arachs instead tgods? Arach gives you +1 to all skills and fcr.
    Trang gloves give fcr and +2 to curses. What kind of merc do you use? Might?

11. Tibialposse

Yeah sorry he is a might merc. I wear t gods because I am 100% immune to lightning. I can stand in the middle of burning souls with no prob and the skills are not that important to me nor is the fcr. My merc kills the first and ce kills the rest. The skels do good damage and if I felt like making them tough I would use a pride pole for the conc aura(I tried it and it works great)and I'd load up on skill gcs and make them wail. I thought of trying a rogue with a faith bow too. Maybe next ladder. Fcr is not too import to me. It would only affect my tele and ce rate and the tele is fast enough. I have pretty good mf like this. I have a perf gheeds and (6)7 mf scs in my inventory also so I do a lot of mf'n with him too. I also have some travs on instead of marrows so I'm not your normal summoner.

12. Emerald Dragon

You could always summon your army with uber summoner gear, then switch to Beast and uh...maybe a dragon shield or something.

13. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

TPPK is a 3party pking script, most commonly used in HC,

ill explain to you what it is,

take for example a Bonenecro,

person A) the bonenecro and person B) the victim are taking a baalrun
    they all do their buisness, then the person A, decides to be naughty and kill person B, the necro spams bone spirits that head for person B, then somehow he does something and the script opens a tp goes to town and hostiles in a matter of 0,00001 seconds, the bone spirits that he had fired in person B's direction now are hostile and still havent reached person B, before person B blinks an eye the spirits have hit him and he or she are dead, or if he or she had quick reflexes(or just chicken :eek: ) has left the game,
    so basiclly its a script wich allows you to kill a person in a bad mannered and unfair way wich is so fast the victims dont have time to react

14. Emerald Dragon

And people do this why?

The only thing they would get out of it is gold.

15. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

There's a penny arcade comic strip which explains this.

Basically it like this: you + anonymity = asshole

Now multiple that by a couple of hundred million... and viola! You have the internet. Have a nice day.

But even more than that the point is that there are people who enjoy spoiling other peoples fun. To them they get their kicks by annoying other people.