Hellforge Rushing Guide

grogs

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Runner Guy said:
Can rushes be done in v1.11b classic? What restrictions does that put on chars? (I want another Ohm rune...)

Also, is there a modified .dll file so I can run multiple instances on v1.11b at once?

crg
email addy???? I'll send you the 1.11b file when I get home from work.......:smiley:

Crazy Runner Guy

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Runner Guy said:
Can rushes be done in v1.11b classic? What restrictions does that put on chars? (I want another Ohm rune...)
Let me clarify.
1. Will the Horadric staves/Khalim's Will's only work in their respective difficulty in v1.11b?
2. Will there be TP restrictions? i.e. you can't take a TP to further past where you have completed the quest? For example, could you take a TP to Tal's Rasha's Tomb without beating the summoner (v1.11b again).
3. To move a character from v1.09 to v1.11, do you simply move the char file into the save folder for v1.11?
4. So I downloaded lod_109.exe from blizzard's ftp site. What do I do with that file? (from my understanding, I'm going to rename my current D2 folder, then reinstall v1.07 from my LoD disc. Then what do I do to upgrade to v1.09b?

thx

herobomberman

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Runner Guy said:
Let me clarify.
1. Will the Horadric staves/Khalim's Will's only work in their respective difficulty in v1.11b?
2. Will there be TP restrictions? i.e. you can't take a TP to further past where you have completed the quest? For example, could you take a TP to Tal's Rasha's Tomb without beating the summoner (v1.11b again).
3. To move a character from v1.09 to v1.11, do you simply move the char file into the save folder for v1.11?
4. So I downloaded lod_109.exe from blizzard's ftp site. What do I do with that file? (from my understanding, I'm going to rename my current D2 folder, then reinstall v1.07 from my LoD disc. Then what do I do to upgrade to v1.09b?

thx
only one i can answer is that you dont need kalims will.

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
I hope Ragnarod doesn't mind, but I took his guide, and put it into a Word doc, and spiced it up a little bit. You can download it here.

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone still have the modified .dll file, that could send it to me?

Thanks
Unfortunately you're gonna have to do some work there. We can't link to it here, but if you google it, or check out Phrozen Keep, you should find it.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
a tip not sure if anyone else has been through the same ****ing hassle.

act 1, after andy dead with rushee down there, rushee comes back to town, cain is freed and jumps into town, if cain sees rushees he runs over to "talk" to them, but makes my chars time out.

worst i had, in a full game FIVE chars fully timed out and the d2s shut down, i was so pissed i had to wait a day before i tried it again .. only realised cain was the problem tonight

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
a tip not sure if anyone else has been through the same ****ing hassle.

act 1, after andy dead with rushee down there, rushee comes back to town, cain is freed and jumps into town, if cain sees rushees he runs over to "talk" to them, but makes my chars time out.

worst i had, in a full game FIVE chars fully timed out and the d2s shut down, i was so pissed i had to wait a day before i tried it again .. only realised cain was the problem tonight
I can't say that I've seen Cain in town after Adariel dies. :hide:

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member
trust me it happens, and its not a good thing to see char(s) time out
I'm not sure if this matters, but which version are you running in? After killing Andariel, you will see Cain in Act 2, but not Act 1 (at least not in 1.09b). And I've had it happen on occasion, characters timing out, pain in the butt.

Timinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok some confusion here, I dont DO the cain quest, I go straight to catacombs 2, then 3, 4, kill andy.

Of course you see cain in 2,3,4,5, but (this is .09b) get your rushee who (most likely died) in catacombs 4, back to town, and see cain spawn by the campfire, if he doesn't have the fire between you and rushees he will come over for a chat, most likely what is causing your time outs as well. I haven't have a SINGLE time out since noticing this, and it only happens in act1

hope its a bit clearer