Hellforge insanity

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Hellforge insanity

So, after doing some math in another thread, I decided to try out some hellforge runs with my wife...thinking that ok, maybe a few extra runes would be nice.

In one single day without even doing any hell mode hellforges (it was all nightmare) I managed to gather as many good runes as we have gained in the thousands of hours of playing ever since runes were first added to the game...in one single day without doing hellmode hellforges, I *still* haven't done those, I will do them tomorrow and completely exceed any amount of runes I've ever had.

I should have thought of this a long time ago...ZOD rune here I come.

Deadbolt13

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you get runes from hellforge? Don't you need the soulstone? Maybe there's something I don't know about :)

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
The concept is to rush new characters to the hellforge quests for the rune (since clvl doens't matter). Rinse and repeat.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, hey, I for one am bloody sick of having played this game ever since it came out and have yet to make any significant runewords, I haven't made a single 1.10 runeword so far.

Now I finally can.

th5418

Banned
Lord Chaos said:
erhm...its called an Horadric Cube...maybe you've heard of it?
Oh, my bad i thought u meant directly off hellforge. My bad. *slinks away into the shadows*

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh, thats ok...I did the math in the other thread, and I would have to make on average about 700 hellforge runs on hell mode hellforge to get a ZOD rune from GULs alone (this would also give me on average every other rune as well, cubed from everything below GUL).

KranK

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
Heh, thats ok...I did the math in the other thread, and I would have to make on average about 700 hellforge runs on hell mode hellforge to get a ZOD rune from GULs alone (this would also give me on average every other rune as well, cubed from everything below GUL).
Your math's a little off. But anyway, since there are often offers of 1 zod for 3 ists the actual number would not be very high.

Beastie Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
The math is correct. Haven't seen any offers with ZODs like that anyway.
Well since you are a ladder char. why not skip all those wasted hours and trade for all the massivly duped runes.

warlock_666

Diabloii.Net Member
unless you wanna play through the game every time.

Yes you will have to rush your chars to hell / nm act 4 every time you want to do this.

Reggitsan

Banned
How about we all turn into mindless driveling morons who have nothing better to do but conceive new ways to exploit the system and assimilate into the battle.net fester?

On second thought, too late.

Magos

Diabloii.Net Member
Is quickest way to rush chars to keep a mule in act2, who has just opened up Tal Rashas tomb, then log him out? Use him to start game, log new char in, then log him out while you kill Duriel - so you can use him again for next new char.

Is there a better way of doing this ?

Also do you have to level each char you rush this way to lvl 20 to defeat Ancients in normal or can you use another lvl 20 mule to start game ?

Uriah_Heep

Diabloii.Net Member
Magos said:
Is quickest way to rush chars to keep a mule in act2, who has just opened up Tal Rashas tomb, then log him out? Use him to start game, log new char in, then log him out while you kill Duriel - so you can use him again for next new char.

Is there a better way of doing this ?

Also do you have to level each char you rush this way to lvl 20 to defeat Ancients in normal or can you use another lvl 20 mule to start game ?
These are very interesting questions.I would like to know the answers,too.

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Reggitsan said:
How about we all turn into mindless driveling morons who have nothing better to do but conceive new ways to exploit the system and assimilate into the battle.net fester?

I'd rather this than play under a system which hasn't allowed me to complete a SINGLE relevant runeword in all the time I've been playing.

ch33s3 m4st3r

Diabloii.Net Member
i dunno if this works but i heard if you rush a char to hell in d2classic you can convert it and skip the ancients since theres no act 5 O_O

edit: if this works you could probably get rich real quick if you use tomb openers O_O

ch33s3 m4st3r

Diabloii.Net Member
Reggitsan said:

so someone that plays the game in a way you disagree with is a moron??!?!?! i like the way you think :thumbsup: