Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hellforge / Hepasto

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by DragonTK, Feb 9, 2004.

1. DragonTK

DragonTK IncGamers Member

Hellforge / Hepasto

Just wondering, how many runs do you guys do on this guy to get a rune (any rune) to drop? I was just playing around with it and after 20 times visiting him, nada..zip..notaonedangrune.....

Whats the secret? Does Hepasto himself drop these runes or is there something I am missing... :scratch:

Thanks folks!

Dragon

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

he drops runes occasionally, but he's no slot machine that drops them all the time. You'll need consistency and patience, just like with every other run. Also the wraith class monsters (mana leechers) are worth killing as they have increased chance of runedrops.

Might be worth it to do those runs on players 1 for the speed :)

3. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

agreed, i do hephasto runs on p1 simply cause t saves u a butt load of time.. however i have expirienced that when he drops a rune it is tend too be a high one (from dol up)... just keep running him and pray before u go to bed :teeth:

good luck

robin

4. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

:scratch:

I make only one run to complete the quest, one rune each time , the best in hell if you're luky.

5. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

I think he's talking about Hell Hephaesto rather than anything to do with the Hellforge (contrary to the thread title).

Heph is supposed to have an increased rune drop potential but it is FAR from as common as, say, the Countess. The difference is that if you're one of the luckiest people on the planet he could give you a Zod. :teeth:

Butz. :teeth:

6. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

Hephasto has no better odds to drop higher rune classes than any other monster, he can just drop them all.

According to his drop stats expect a El (lowest rune) on average once every 86 runs.

Zod (on average) once every 153,846 runs (thats right, one hundred and fifty three thousand runs) :teeth:

A useful mid level rune like Ist (on average) once every 4690 runs.

I can post more if you want to know the rest :)

7. DragonTK

DragonTK IncGamers Member

Actually you lost me at 153 thousand something something...too many to hope for that Zod. But thanks for the info... it all makes sense now...sortof... :hanky:

Thanks!
    Dragon

8. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

153.000 runs ? oh , and it could be the first one ?
    somebody make statistics ? (*)

and for 2 cham ?

lool

(*) if I kill him in two minutes I need only 7 month to have it if I play 24h/24.

9. Butzull

Butzull IncGamers Member

If he drops one every 153000 runs, then on average you should get your first one on the 76,500th run. Before that and you're lucky, after that you're unlucky. ;)

Butz. :teeth:

10. Kamelbarn

Kamelbarn IncGamers Member

Hm, that's not that bad. A cow in 1.09 had the odds of 91,283,000 to 1 to drop a Zod. Now that's some bad odds.

11. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Well, I will happily stay in the pit. At least I have a chance of getting worth while equipment.

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Tekka, RoF and CS are lvl85 areas, just like the pits...so you have the same chance there...

Well, actually better, since there's 4 super uniques and Diablo *shrugs*

13. Kolor Klown

Kolor Klown IncGamers Member

lol yea i'm probably sticking to pit runs, but then since someone said teh wraiths good for runes, I might try em (I hope they don't leech all my mana, I live on mana).

-Klown :love:

14. farting bob

farting bob Banned

would you consider someone to do 75,000 hell hephasto runs and then he gets a zod lucky? id call him dedicated to the game, or a social ******...

15. Bolinbrooke

Bolinbrooke IncGamers Member

Guys, 153,000 is the average, not half that amount.

However you could do 1 run and get a Zod or 1 million runs and never get one, but on average every 153,000 runs a Zod should drop.

16. Stormie

Stormie IncGamers Member

Well, actually, Heph has one of the best chances of dropping a rune of any monster..

..but "one of the best" = "a tiny, tiny bit better than all the other damn bosses". :)

The Countess is obviously the special one. But the runes she can drop are far from the top runes in the game.

When it comes to Zods, Hell Diablo & Hell Baal are the best - they have 7 picks, each with a 4.3% chance of being "Act 5 (H) Good", the TC which eventually leads to runes, including Zod.

Hephasto and Nihlathak are next - they each have 5 picks with a 5% chance of being "Act 5 (H) Good".

Then come various other very high level Superuniques who don't have their own TC - they have 2 picks with a 6.5% chance of being "Act 5 (H) Good". Then very high level random bosses, with 1 pick at a 6.5% chance.

btw the odds of a "Act 5 (H) Good" item coming out as a rune are 14 in 130.. and the odds of it coming out as a Zod are something like 1 in 770,000.. :) I'm not sure where the "one Zod in 153,000 runs" came from, I think it is MUCH lower than that.

So, yeah, maybe Hephasto has twice the chance of dropping a rune as your "average" Superunique.. but the chance is still only something like 2.66%.. he's no Countess!