Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hellforge hell rush

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kigge, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Kigge

Kigge IncGamers Member

Hellforge hell rush

i have a very simple question, is there someway to boost a low lvl char to hellforge in hell? I know you shouldnt be able to get past ancients, but is there a way? anyone know?

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

The Ancients quest can't be completed in any way until you reach level 20/40/60, but the Baal quest can be, regardless of your character's location.

The conditions are (last time I checked, anyway):

- At least one person in the WSK must get the quest completion.
    - You have to be partied with that person (I think)

If that happens, you can access the next difficulty. So much for 'anti-rushing'... *sigh*

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I remember there was a thread about that a while ago. Unfortunately all threads got deleted and I cannot make it anymore to rush characters beyond act 2. I tried the following technique:

1. Create game with character who already assembled the staff and opened the hole to Durile, check which tomb to visit

2. Rusher and rushed enters game

3. Rusher kills Duriel and talks to Tyrael, rushed stayed in town.

That didn't work. I must have forgotten something. Note that the anti-rushing features prevent the rushed to enter any tp to the palace cellar and areas beyond.

Perhaps the rushed has to talk to some person before killing Duriel respectively talking to Tyrael or the rusher must visit certain spots.

I know it works somehow - in fact I already succeeded to do that.

For act 1 and 3-5 I know what to do:

Act 1- Go to Catacombs 4, get rushed into it, kill Andariel

Act 3 - Go to Travincal, get rushed near Councils, kill councils. Then go to durance 3, get rushed near meph (he can stay at the entrance IIRC), kill meph.

Act 4 - Get rushed near Diablo, kill Diablo.

Act 5 - You can't get the rushed to Baal without getting credit for killing the ancients. But if someone else can (needs to be L20/40/60, has to get credit for killing the ancients and must be present in Baal's chamber), all others in the party can stay in town and solve the act.

4. bwirum

bwirum IncGamers Member

In act 2 you have to go through the palace and enter the portal, kill the summoner and get that quest before you can get to the canyon. You can still use a duri mule to skip the gathering of the staff and amu. At least you can do that in non-ladder with old 09 duri mules. Never tried it on ladder.

5. krischan

I'm sure the rushed can stay in town, as long as somebody talks to Tyrael, but you may be right with respect to the summoner which means you have to enter the palace which means Drognan has to tell you to speak with Jerhyn... which means you need staff+amulet... aha ! the durimule already had staff+amulet so the rushed might be able to enter the palace by foot, enter the arcane sanctum and be present when the summoner gets killed. I guess I will make some experiments with my mules.

I wanted to help a friend and well, I didn't make a good impression when I had to give up after making haughty comments that rushing through act 2 is no problem :)

6. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

In act2 you need someone who needs to complete the quest, you can't just bring a high level char and kill duriel and talk to tyreal that has already done it :p
    I usually just look around for games called act2, bla bla, or whatever, or even act1, and sometimes a group is just killing duriel or about to...and I stick around in town.

I do it with *all* my new characters now
    I think I've done it 6x3(for each difficulty)
    I hate act2 ^_^

But mind you, alot of people don't have my patience, sometimes I just go surf the internet alt-tab while they are carrying on, or last time I even went out for lunch and 2 hours later I came back and I was still in the game, with the quest completed :D

7. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

Don't you feel just a little bit of a leecher, making others do the work for you? I know I can get tired of such people when I'm trying to get through act 2 in an 8 player game with only 3 or 4 people actually doing anything.

8. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

not at all
    what comes around goes around
    people leech from me in act2 sometimes too.. I just unparty ;)

9. krischan

I'm absolutely sure that it works with the rusher doing the work and the rushed doing nothing. Believe me or not, but I did that with one of my mules and my L85 sorc (using two computers) and it worked. I just don't remember the details.

10. OhNoMatt

OhNoMatt IncGamers Member

need clarification

Is there or is there not a way for a character to get to hell difficulty hellforge without having to be level 40? (Killing Ancients in norm. or NM).

It seemed like somebody was saying that a character being rushed could stay in A5 town, and as long as SOMEBODY he was partied with needed and completed both ancients and Baal (while being in the chamber) than the rushee would get the quests too. Did I read that right or not?

Because, basically, if it was possible to get rushed to A4 hell difficulty without having to raise level, that could lead to some very nice hellforge profit with a friend...

11. OhNoMatt

OhNoMatt IncGamers Member

hmm

actually if that's true, i just realized that no one would join the game and stay in it to get both ancients and Baal... they'd want to raise level first. So it wouldn't work, if you needed a character that still had to do the quests to help you.

Sorry for replying twice by the way...

12. illa

illa IncGamers Member

What I hear people are doing is running D2loader and running multible versions of Diablo2. Rushing them all at once by skipping the Ancients quest, which should take around 30 minutes to an hour for all 6 from Act1 normal to act4 hell.

13. krischan

That's right.

To make it clear: I just talked about act 2 in my previous post. The rushed hasn't to enter Duriel's chamber. So what the hell did I forget ? Enter the palace ? Kill the summoner ? Reach certain WPs ? Talk to certain persons ?

14. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Things have sure changed for 1.10. I used "Durimules" for A2 rushes, even having two computers. I've gotten hung up on a few quests since 1.10, but usually talking to Drognan and then Jehrin have cleared it up.

15. JohnofTesh

JohnofTesh IncGamers Member

Im pretty sure that there was a lvl 12 doing a hell baal run the other day in a game I was in, so unless I am wrong there is some workaround out there.