Hellforge Bounty

Dia

Diabloii.Net Member
Every single Hell Hellforge I've ever done, I got Um or Lem. Not bad..but meh. I did get a Mal from rushing my friend once, though. Strangely enough, as I got him Cain...I whirlwinded through the Champion Skeletons...and one of them dropped a Mal. 2 Mals in 1 game, I was so happy.

Tengu

Diabloii.Net Member
Could someone post a "guide" or something to hellforge rushing (with 2 pc's)? Or maybe if you could tell me the basics.. like how to start, rushing norm, rushing mare, rushing hell etc... And what characters are the best for hellforge rushing? I was thinking that the one-to-be-rushed could be a paladin (auras help rusher, high survivability) and the rusher could be...hmm sorc for norm & mare, maybe summon necro for hell ( I don't have that many chars anyways :D )..? Thanks in advance :clap:

ShaiHulud

Diabloii.Net Member
Tengu said:
Could someone post a "guide" or something to hellforge rushing (with 2 pc's)? Or maybe if you could tell me the basics.. like how to start, rushing norm, rushing mare, rushing hell etc... And what characters are the best for hellforge rushing? I was thinking that the one-to-be-rushed could be a paladin (auras help rusher, high survivability) and the rusher could be...hmm sorc for norm & mare, maybe summon necro for hell ( I don't have that many chars anyways :D )..? Thanks in advance :clap:
Yes, Sorc for norm and nm and summon necro for hell will work well. If you can afford it, a hammerdin with Enigma would be excellent in hell.

ShaiHulud's Quick Guide to rushing in 1.10

There are many spots in which the rushee will likely die. when that happens, leave him dead and don't hit the escape key until the quest has been fulfilled. After the rushee gets the quest, you can press escape. In many cases, there isn't even any need to go back to the body and in town is exactly where you want the rushee at that point.

Act One
  • Rushee creates game, rusher joins, both party.
  • Rusher travels to bottom of stairs by Andarial, makes TP, rushee takes TP.
  • Rusher kills Andarial.
  • Rushee returns to town and talks to Rasheed, travels to Act Two.
    Rusher returns to town and then goes to Far Oasis Waypoint.
Act Two
  • Rusher goes into Maggot Lair and kills the queen then makes TP for rushee
  • Rushee takes TP, pops chest, gets staff and returns to town via TP.
  • Rusher takes TP and then goes to Lost City waypoint and locates the Claw Viper Temple.
  • Rusher gets to alter in level 2 of Claw Viper Temple, drops Horadric Cube and makes TP.
  • Rushee takes TP, activates alter, picks up Amulet and Cube, makes the completed staff, and takes TP back to town.
  • In town Rushee talks to Cain, Drognan, and then Jerhyn.
  • Rusher take tp back to town, goes to Arcane Sanctuary and finds (but doesn't kill) Summoner.
  • Near (but not too near) Sumoner, Rusher makes TP.
  • Rushee take TP.
  • Rusher kills Summoner and everything in area.
  • Rushee triggers book, takes portal to Canyon of the Magi, and WP back to town.
  • Rusher takes portal to Canyon of the Magi, travels to the correct Tal's Tomb (Rushee quest log shows which symbol and the order of symbols on tombs is always the same), travels to Oriface and makes TP.
  • Rushee takes TP, opens oriface and enters.
  • Rusher enters oriface and kills Duriel
  • Rushee talks to Tyreal, take portal to town, talks to Jehryn and then Meshif and thus to Act Three
  • Rusher takes portal back to town and then to Travincal
Act Three
  • Rusher moves close to High Council and makes TP
  • Rushee takes TP
  • Rusher kills council
  • Rusher picks up Cube that drops.
  • Rusher takes TP back to town and talks to Cain
  • Rusher takes TP back to town and then WP to Durance 2
  • Rusher goes to Durance 3 near Meph and makes TP
  • Rushee takes TP
  • Rusher kills Meph
  • Both take Portal to Act Four
Act Four
  • Rusher goes to River of Fire WP, travels to Chaos Sanctuary, pops all but one portal and kills the super-uniques that spawn.
  • Rusher makes TP near where Diablo appears and Rushee takes it.
  • Rusher pops the last portal (may need to kill another super-unique) and kills Diablo when he appears.
Act Five
  • Use the trick described in the earlier append by SmokeyTreats and get the Baal quest by simply staying in town partied to someone else who gets the quest.
That's it folks. For Nightmare and Hell, just rinse and repeat skipping the part about dropping and picking up the cube. If you are doing this just for the forge drop, you obviously don't need to get past Diablo when in Hell.

SmokeyTreats

Diabloii.Net Member
Excellent post ShaiHulud. :thumbsup:
Truely deserving a *sticky thread* in the Strategy Forum.
I suggest you repost it there. Posthaste. =)

~PURPLE~

Diabloii.Net Member
This topic is kinda old isn't it? Well anyways i got an "Ist" today at nm forge with my lightning sorceress. I think thats the highest it can drop in nm isn't it? If it was on ladder maybe it would be worth something more wouldn't it? :lol:

Tengu

Diabloii.Net Member
Thx for the miniguide ShaiHulud :clap:
Ironically, my next character IS indeed a hammerdin, and I've been thinking of getting him an enigma (easier said than done :D )

YomoKimyata

Diabloii.Net Member
SnowDrake said:
o.o, is there a way to self rush to hellforge without having 2 PCs?
just power-level with twinked gear. I think if you put your mind to it you could do so in maybe 10-12 hours of game play. I know this makes no sense, but I prefer to do it this way instead of rushing with a friend, even though it is ten times lower. The only real problem is that you need to be of high enough level to solo each boss in turn.

I have been successful with a strafeazon with max valk.

Initial bow: 5 socketed x 20 poison
Level 18 bow: switch to 5 socketed x 5 perfect topaz
Upgrade to whatever you want when you are high enough level

lots of FRW helps too. My first try (untwinked I might add) took me about 16 hours of gameplay, and I know I can shave a lot off that.