Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell vs Nighmare Players8

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nesjan, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Nesjan

Nesjan Diabloii.Net Member

Simple question which is harder Hell, or Nightmare Players8

2. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

Depends on what Act and area, really, but in a general sense Hell. Many people here play Normal and Nightmare on /players8, and drop down to /Players 1 - 3 in Hell. Also, Hell has way more immunes to worry about.

3. Xios

Xios Diabloii.Net Member

That probably requires a bit of clarification.

What zones are we talking about? Presumably most people would find Blood Moor NM on /p8 significantly easier than going to clear Baal's Throne Room or killing Nihlathak on Hell, in an extreme example.

Builds may be very important too, because of the ramping up of immunities in Hell, certain builds can find themselves in deep trouble, and Physical Damage classes probably don't appreciate the increasing Phys. Resists (and further weakening of Life/Mana Leech) either.

Overall I'd say Hell because there's increases in difficulties brought by it-- your resists, their resists, life/mana leech, weakening of CC, weakening of Mercs, more immunities, more affixes, guest monsters, [further] Static Field caps-- all of which that go beyond simply adding more monster health (and AR/Damage). It should also be noted that I'm sure many monsters in Hell may have even more than the 450% extra health and 45% extra damage that Players 8 grants (1.10+) on their NM variants, so it's not even a guarantee under strictly that category either. Not to mention of course some builds can have no problems chewing through that health but are put on their backfoot by common immunities on basic monsters, or had to plan their builds solely around this fact to compensate.

If you're asking for the sake of progression, I'd look at what level you are and then what level the areas you'd be clearing would be. It's often better to overlevel in NM for a while before heading into Hell. How much you do this often depends upon your build or how well geared you are, if you're in HC or not, etc.

4. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

Just do some comparisons of regular monsters like a Fallen:
    Level:
    Code:
    Night     Hell
    61     83
    61     83
    61     83
    55     83
    Hitpoints:
    Code:
    Night     Hell
    344-758     1116-3273
    344-758     1116-3273
    344-758     1116-3273
    293-645     1116-3273
    Melee attack:
    Code:
    Night     Hell
    22-45     42-84
    22-45     42-84
    22-45     42-84
    20-40     42-84

Players 8 on NM gives monsters 450% HP, and +43.75% damage. HP will be higher on NM, but damage is much higher on Hell.

From Arreat Summit:
    Then you start adding in the damage bonus, and extra modifiers like Cursed, Extra Strong, Extra Fast, Spectral Hit.. :confused:

5. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

I would vouch that in some cases, it would be Nightmare. The thing is, Nightmare starts off easy because you have most of your skills. However, your gear is sub-par and you don't have synergies pumped. By the time you finally get to hell... It can actually be easier than NM if you leveled enough. Starting Hell with a level 70 character, mostly synergized, with a few runewords and uniques, will be easier than starting NM at only level 30 with crappy gear.

6. Noodle

Noodle Moderator

I generally enter Nightmare at level 45, and don't enter Hell until a minimum of 75 SC, 80 if HC.

7. darkstarhub

darkstarhub Diabloii.Net Member

It seems to me that just about any type of cursed archer can ripe a character apart in Hell; even a well geared character, but that also depends on players settings. Not to mention Gloams and Stygian Dolls in Hell. I like it because it keeps you on your toes for sure.