Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

hell viable poisen/skell hybrid

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by SoulTaker, Feb 5, 2004.

1. SoulTaker

SoulTaker IncGamers Member

hell viable poisen/skell hybrid

after making 4 necros and making them partiach i think im ready to take the plunge into a poisen mancer...basicly i think i have my skills down but the numbers are baffling to me right now...l00k
    bone armor 1
    bone wall 20 (synergy for armor,ill prolly never use it i think?)
    poisen dagger 20
    poisen corpse explosion( synergies) 20
    poisen nove 20
    skel mastery 20
    raise skel 20
    clay golem, 1
    blood golem, 1
    (i like the life steal synergies,when boosted with plus skills items,)
    golem mastery 1
    summen reists 1
    1 in all curses leading up to LR,

now seeing those numbers, you can prolly tell theres alot of pnts there, hopefully ill take this guy around 85-90,
    so some questions...so i can cut some numbers down
    with all poisen synergy maxed, which is more powerful nova or dagger?
    is there a point to USING both, is it sort of contradicted itself? 2 poisen moves but one is weaker? wuts the point of it...
    do most venomancers just use nova as there killer?(with a side wep as skells or CE or sumthing as that effect for immunes)

keep in mind i will change this build around if skell/poisen isnt hell viable, my first necro was a poisen dagger with skells, but he fialed miserably in hell
    =_(
    (maybe i just didnt have the right equip then tho...)

once i get those questions answerd...i can know wut to trade for, more of a melle/caster items, or just striagh caster...

thanks alot for your help guys...like always~

2. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

I am sort of doing the same thing with my second necro and I'm having a lot of fun. I think that mixing Poison Nova, Poison Dagger and Skellies does work although I am only at level 42 so far with my guy about to take Andy in Nightmare. The build is very equipment dependent and I'm using lots of fun things my other characters have picked up including an Angelic mf set up (armour, amulet and 2 rings for 100% mf and lots of other good mods for a low / middle character) and a Signons Gloves, boots and belt for another 50% mf and lots of other good mods. I'm hoping this mf will get me a Ravenfrost or a Stone of Jordan as I level my guy through Normal and Nightmare.

The Jade Tan Do was my first dagger and its 180 poison made short work of anything in Normal. I tanked Meph, Diablo and Baal with this myself using bone armour ... hehehe great to be a lead player ... my Necro is more a sort of a running back rather than the normal quarterback style :) Now he uses a Spineripper and Signons shield as the main combat with The Jade Tan Do and a nice head on the reverse weapon tab for when dealing with nasty poison or cold.

My skellies are weak compared to a normal summoner at this stage but it's more fun to get involved myself having already played with a summoner build. I have points in all curses and 1 in revives and each golem. Now skill points are being spread between Poison Nova, Poison Dagger and Skeleton Warriors. Nothing is giving my 8 skellies any real problems when backed up by Poison Nova, curses, the Iron Golem, the Defiance Merc or even me and the Poison Dagger :surprise:

I don't have Bramble or Death's Web yet so I guess this build might find it hard to go all the way through Hell, but I don't care too much having already done that with other characters and this guy is fun to quest with and search for middle ranking magic items.

3. SoulTaker

since i just looked at the synergy bonuses, wouldnt your nova be stronger with poisen dagger and piosen explotion synergies instead of posen nova..poisen explotion gives 15 bonus, while nove is 10 i think...

i still need to figure out something to cut some corners...hmmm

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

5. SoulTaker

no bone armor?
    so do you melee in with poisend dagger and use nova? or just nova?
    i dunno whether to use trangs glovs,belt,armor,
    or use trang gloves and bramble...
    i deffintly unt wanna sue full trnags tho, since my overlord alreayd uses that..and i dunt want the fcr bug...