Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Unleashed

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Intolerance, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Hell Unleashed

Has anyone played the Hell Unleashed mod?

It is, IMO, everything D2 should be. Insane difficulty (read: insane). Extreme item/area/boss/skill overhauls (minor example- 3 levels of gems beyond perfect). No scrolls or tomes of Town Portal (chew on that for a while).

I've been playing D2 since the beginning and I never considered any mods until a friend told me about HU. Now, I'll NEVER go back to the ruined, worthless b.net realms. Ever. 1.10 doesn't hold a candle to HU, and it's a shame that it takes a private individual to capitalize on the failures of Blizzard in order for D2 to be what it should be.

2. MFMOFO

MFMOFO Banned

I can't live without TP scrolls :uhhuh:

3. BenRosser787

BenRosser787 IncGamers Member

Sounds fun, post a link to the mod download?

4. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

unless the rules have drasitcally changed since last i frequented these forums, posting a link to another diablo site is against forum rules, however, im sure that if you go to.... lets say google and type in something along the lines of "hell unleashed" diablo ii mod, you'll get what you're looking for

5. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

hehe,

The rules have drastiacally changed. But not that much.

We can talk about mods, but you are supposed to get a mod's "go-ahead" before you actually post a link to them.

6. bradley_turner

bradley_turner IncGamers Member

bah, fine, have it your way with your new rules, pink lemonade and your make-out parties....

we were always allowed to talk about mods, but never actually give links that i can remember, is what i meant

7. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Honestly I didn't find it to be all it was hyped up to be.

In the beginning I loved the challenge, but as it went on "the challenge" turned into "the impossible".

Taking 20 minutes to kill a single minion of a boss monster with an untwinked character was just insane. I didn't even make it to act 2 because going untwinked was just too hard. And I wasn't about to convert any of my normal 1.10 items.

I did make a copy of my hammerdin(find a post made by me bragging about his gear and awesomeness, this guy tanks most FE monsters with few problems) and I took him to Act 5 Normal. Upon reaching one of the levels of the tower of destruction(I think that's what it was called) I was killed by a single monster that was Fire Enchanted.

Honestly the thing is geared too much towards multiplayer play. Yet another thing ruined by "If you don't have a bunch of people to play with, you don't do anything" concept. Unless there are builds that have been massively overpowered and changed.

I give it a 3/10 as far as fun goes. Otherwise it's just a ton of overpowered monsters that can't be defeated unless you hack together a great character with impossible items, spend hours on single small packs of monsters, or play with others.

No single player value at all.

Unless I'm missing something.

8. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

To me, monster one hit kill you/take forever to kill does not equal fun. To date I have yet to see a mod that make the game fun, instead of just simply buff up the monster/nerf the player.

9. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Fully agree, anything without single player value = 0/10 on my score board.

It is sad to see too many smart modders went the dark side of force.

But, what do I know, I dont' have enough time to play standard D2. :eek: