Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Unleashed mod

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Intolerance, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Hell Unleashed mod

Has anyone played the Hell Unleashed mod? It flat out RULES- I'll never play on the completely worthless bnet realms again.

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

Never tried it, but I just might now. :) I played Ancients Fury back in 1.09 a while back and that held me over until my online addiction came back.

We need the completely worthless bnet realms for contrast, of course.

Lucky

3. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

worthless bnet has its ups and downs..

4. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

like?

10 chars

5. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

yes, i have played it. i have a sorc who is doing her best to get to normal andarial! the first 3 or 4 attempts at the den of evil saw her pushed right out the door again! it is great fun, i, too, recommend it as a change from vanilla.
    my only problem is that i cant get the multiplayer option to work. i understand there are dedicated servers to multiplay, and i would love to. unfortunatly i get one of those totally abstruse error messages every time i try. maybe will try again.
    edit, typo

6. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Hosting a private server for the purpose of playing a mod is illegal. The last person who posted about playing a mod got hit with the ban stick, so Id be careful if I were you guys

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

SP forum is mod friendly now.
    Not entirely sure if the Hell Unleashed mod has been 'authed' though.

8. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Is it permitted to ask where I can dl it?

If yes, where can I dl it? :rolleyes:

9. Intolerance

Since HU does have it's own private realm that is apparently "illegal," I haven't given any links to downloads (google is your friend). There have been endless discussion on the main bnet forums about legality, etc and Blizzard hasn't done anything about said "pirate" realm.

HU does also offer a single player (non-realm) versionl.

I'm as old school of a HC D2 player as you'll find- I took one week to play a sorc through normal softcore from the day D2 was originally released before turning to HC for good, and Hell Unleashed is, IMO, everything D2 should have been from the start. The difficulty is INSANE. You NEED a party to take down bosses, PERIOD. Soloing is just about impossible. There are many new bosses (or new graphics/twists on existing bosses), new areas, new items, etc. Your average "leave normal" level is about level 60. Item drops are GREATLY improved to match ramped difficulty (godly items don't make it as easy as they do in standard 1.10). And most importantly of all, there are no scrolls/tomes of town portal- chew on that for a while =)

Here's a screenshot of the Grand Vizier (chaos sanctuay seal boss). They no longer have (or need, for that matter) minions:

http://img32.echo.cx/img32/699/amon016mb.jpg

Anyway, pm me or post here if you have any further questions.

10. Intolerance

Have you asked for help at the Technical Support forum on the Hell Unleashed forums? Someone must know a fix.

11. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

It is perfectly legal to play a moddedDiablo on single player or even via TCP / IP connection.

To original poster Ive seen how Blizzard "mods" thier own forums - not. The people who host these servers have been sued as have been forums that have talked about playing them in anything but in single player. Just because this one has yet to be shut down doesnt make it anymore legal.

See this thread http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=342807

12. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Yes its amazing :lol: , too bad i cant play on realms cause its very far away from me and so tremendously laggy :mad: , i agree that this is what d2 should have been from the start.

About all this "legal" "not legal" mumbo jumbo who gives a damn, play it while u can, d2 so pales in comparison to it.

13. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

yea legal / illegal who cares ? Except maybe the people who host these servers have been sued for a lot more money then they have if they fail to comply. Forum sites have been shut down , but who cares ?

14. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

Does it affect YOU personally in any way at all? If someone wants to do it, let them. If blizzard fails to support a game that still has thousands of followers all over the world, (And they still could cash in on it easily by releasing another expansion for example) Ill say those people are only doing good by keeping this dying game alive.

15. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

no i havent posted over there. however i have read the forums and there are several fixes for this problem. i tried them all and none worked. i decided i was probably doing something wrong! have played single player since. but what was said earlier in this thread is true.. it is fiendishly hard on your own!
    edit. we are allowed to talk mods over in the single player forum, as has been stated here. so if it causes trouble here then make a new thread in spf:) dune

16. nubikoen

nubikoen IncGamers Member

Broken links and dead ends + just ebout every D2 hack ever released was the result of my google'ing.

I just wasn't meant to play that mod.

17. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Funny thats the argument botters and maphackers use. Its not hurting anyone so why cant I do it? Blizzard has a right to protect thier intelectual property , by making and hosting mods for anything other then single player use is infringing on that.

Mods can be played legally in single player form only. Im willing to bet if you start talking multiplayer mod gaming in the SP forum you ll get in trouble there too

18. Intolerance

19. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That is possibly the worst argument I've ever heard here, and that's saying a lot. I could go on with hundreds of analogies to that statement but I think you catch my drift.

20. Intolerance

If anyone needs some starter gear, whisper me at *csullivan