Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Travicial for charms to transmute?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Zroc, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Hell Travicial for charms to transmute?

Is this a good idea? I run that area quite fast with my hammerdin, and a lot of charms drop.

My question is, what ilvl are the charms? From what I've read, that area level is 82, but regular council members are level **...so what level would those bosses be?

And would the charms dropping be ilvl ** then, or 82 like the area level?

** seems to get every mod I'd want on small charms, and would seem to get every mod I want on GC's as well except the biggest life one, 41-45 at level 91 (if arreat's is correct...which it might not be).

For that matter, are the boss council's level 91?

Input, suggestions appreciated ;)

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Travincal is indeed level 82, which means regular monsters in there are 82, and boss monsters and their minions are level 85. All Council type monsters are either bosses or minions (they don't occur randomly anywhere) so they will all be mlvl 85.

That ilvl will get you alvl 71 on SCs, alvl 78 on LCs, and alvl 85 on GCs.

So you can get all GC mods except the top Vita, as you observed;
    All LC mods;
    All SC mods except Craftmanship, Pestilent, Flaming, Red, Shocking, Hibernal (ie the big elementals).

So yeah, as good as anywhere really.

3. Zroc

Zroc IncGamers Member

Thanks for setting me straight on that ;)
    Huh, so they're not level ** like the arreat's says? Bummer...
    Still seems like a pretty decent area, given the speed I find charms. I probably find 20-30 charms by the time I find a Baal charm ;)

They seem to drop a ton of flawless, too...and a ton of gold. Runes as well ;)

4. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Arreat's gives the "base level" for monsters, which unfortunately is of little use except in Normal difficulty, with a few exceptions.

In Nightmare and Hell, monsters (other than boss monsters) have their mlvl overwritten with the area level (with some bonuses for being champions or uniques).

The "boss" monsters, who retain their listed mlvl, are
    Andariel
    Duriel
    Radament
    Mephisto
    Diablo
    Summoner
    Izual
    Blood Raven
    Diabloclone
    Griswold
    Nihlathak
    Baal
    Putrid Defiler

The defilers are a bit odd, being the only randomly generated boss monsters.
    Also, four of the above - Radament, Griswold, Nihlathak and the Summoner - are also superuniques, which means they get a +3 bonus on top of their "base level". So for example Hell Nihlathak is mlvl 95, not 92 as listed on AS.

So the short answer is AS isn't right on very many monsters ;)

5. qhc

qhc IncGamers Member

Putrid Defiler

Who/where is the Putrid Defiler?
    Just check superuniques but there is no this name.

6. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

It is a normal monster at Act 5. There are five kinds of them. Arreat:
    ===================
    Putrid Defiler (Demon)
    Putrid Defiler, Retched Defiler, Fetid Defiler, Rancid Defiler, Rank Defiler

These vile, loathsome beasts strike fear even into the black souls of Baal's own troops. Not only can the Defiler viciously attack using its razor-sharp forelegs, it reproduces at will by silently hovering near an unwary demon and parasitically infecting the hell-spawn with pain worms. These pain worms immediately travel to the brain of the host monster, and grow fat on the vile thoughts of the fiend. If the monster is killed while the worms are gestating, the parasites eat their way through the beast's brain and ultimately burrow out of its skull in search of a new body to inhabit.
    ===================
    I don’t know what Thrugg mean, I personally never meat uniques Defilers, if I remember correct.

7. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

I can't recall seeing a unique Putrid Defiler either, but I didn't say anything about those :) All PDs, even regular ones, are "boss" monsters, the effect of which is pretty much only that they retain their base mlvl and do not get scaled to the area level. "boss" is a column in monstats.txt.

Putrid Defilers are those slow floating bug things (that look like the Zerg transports from Starcraft) in the WSK, that can enchant another monster so that a worm (like the ones in Act 4) comes out when you kill it.