Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell: The Pit V Tempest

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Milamber, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Hell: The Pit V Tempest

Hey people, just need some tips for Tempest my Meteorb sorc as she takes on The Pit in Hell.

I've stopped off since reaching them, and just running them to see what I can rummage up.

So far I've been able to comfortably survive up to players 2 and am just starting to move up to players 3.

I've tried players 4 and players 8 to help improve the drops but I find my merc get slaughtered as do I usually.

What player setting do you play?

What tips do you have for playing on players 8?

For stats here they are:

Tempest
    Lvl 79

Fireball 27 (after skills of course)
    Meteor 27
    Fire Mastery 22

Frozen Orb 25
    Cold Mastery 12

Equipment

Full Tals set
    War Travellers
    Chanceguards
    Lidless Wall
    Nagel
    Ravenfrost

Merc
    Holy Freeze
    lvl 79

Vampire Gaze
    Shaftstop
    The Meat Scrapper (thinking of giving him Spire of Honour)

Cheers!!!

2. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Hi Milamber,

for the MeteOrb Sorc the Ancient Tunnels in Act II (Lost City) are usually easier than the Pit, as there are very few ranged monsters there (only the occasional Horror Mages) and you'll never find any Cold Immunes there.

My MeteOrb Sorc runs them very comfortably on players 8. My Merc dies a few times (mostly from Lightning Horror Mages) but you find more than enough items to pay for the resurrections. Both my Sorc and my Merc are lvl 85. If you hapen to have The Reaper's Toll, give that to your Merc, as HF and Decrepify slows every monster down to a crawl.

My skills are similar to yours. I have FO, CM and Meteor maxed and am currently working on my FM. One point in the second cold armor (I can never remember their names) gives your Sorc an additional defense boost.

Your Sorc's gear looks pretty good. You could exchange Lidless Wall for a Moser's with two PDs to enhance your resists. Or you could go with a Rhyme Shield (ShaelEth) for some more MF.

Well, that seems to be all I can think of. Keep us posted on your progress!

3. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I used my Meteorb sorc to run Ancient Tunnels too, Pit wasn't too easy. Huorn already gave you quite much advice, but Bonehew is very good merc weapon too (and easier to find than Reaper's). Main problem in Ancient tunnels is that your merc can't leech much and it is full of zombies which will poison him. But it is better place for your sorc than Pit

4. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

In my experience leeching isn't too much of a problem, as only the Horror Mages are unleechable. Poison on the other hand is quite annoying. The easiest solution I found was to go back to town frequently so the Merc could be healed by Fara. After all 80 bucks (or whatever it is) for a scroll of town portal is peanuts compared to 50,000 for resurrecting the Merc.

5. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Thanks for the great advice.

Just to ensure I know what I am on about, the Tunnels are also lvl 85 and can drop what the Pit can aren't they?

Yes I do plan on exchanging the Lidless for a 'Rhyme' shield, I just have to find a suitable shield which won't be too hard!!

Unfortunately I do have a Reaper's Toll but I will be sure to keep an eye out for one!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the advice. As already stated I don't have a Reaper's Toll, and nor do I have a Bonehew...but nevertheless I will carry on. Thanks for the advice, and I will continue past the pit...besides I am making a Hammerdin who should be able to run the Pit quite easily.

6. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

I can send you over a Reaper's Toll this evening for the price of an e-mail addy. I got one from bhaalistik the other day and found one myself two days later. This always happens to me!

And yeah, the Tunnels are also area lvl 85 and as such can drop everything the Pit can drop. And on p8 you get loads of experience - my Sorc went from lvl 84 to lvl 85 in no time yesterday!

7. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Well thank you very much - [email protected]

However, I would also like to come up with a payment plan for the item :D

8. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

None required, as I got it from bhaalistik to help me out. It's simply spreading the good vibes. When you find your first one simply send this one to somebody else who can use it. :)

9. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Fair enough.

Deal.

10. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

I think a level 85 area that does not receive the recognition it deserves is the mausoleum. This place is insanely easy for a meteor/orb sorc especially if you mainly use the fire skills. No ranged attackers, no fire immunes (unless a boss spawns FE), ghouls are very slow, especially with a holy freeze merc and decrepify from Reapers Toll making them ideal meteor fodder, skeletons die quickly so the fact they are unleechable is not a worry to your merc. All in all this is the only lvl 85 area I run other than the durance lvl 2 and the WSK and my meteor sorc tears through using meteor/fireball and seldom even gets touched!

I've never ran the ancients tunnels so can't comment there, but the mausoleum is definitely easier than the pit, it may be helpful for you to check it out.

11. Milamber

Milamber Banned

Have you found anything though?

I believe the reason this place doesn't get as much recognition is that there are fewer boss packs than in either the Pits or Tunnels.

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Mausoleum is easiest of all but as already said, there is only very few boss packs. Of course normal monsters can drop good stuff but bosses and champs have much better chances for that. And as I mentioned, Mausoleum is after all quite empty area, Pit for example has much more monsters, regular and bosses

13. bhaalistik

bhaalistik IncGamers Member

Way to share the love Huorn! :thumbsup:
    It will definitely be your Merc's best friend Milamber

14. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I am looking forward to it, Tempest and her merc are going to use it tonight hopefully!