Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Rush - which char. is better?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by guns1inger99, Oct 20, 2006.

1. guns1inger99

guns1inger99 IncGamers Member

Hell Rush - which char. is better?

I am rushing mules for hell forge quest. I have a meteorb, but I want to build a different character to rush through hell. I was thinking either a fanatical zealot pally, frenzy barb, or a ww barb.

Any advice will be appreciated. thx

2. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I like to use my mf/WW barb a LOT for rushes. If I'm rushing more than myself (via the laptop) and the ratio of physical immune, mana sapping bastidges pop up in act 2, then I self chant with my chantress before resuming the rush.

I have found some rare uniques in this fashion off of end act quests from dury/mephy, and a blinkbat off of diablo doing this.

I didn't think anyone used zealots for anything other than pvp

my ES orber is quicker through norm/nm modes however, with only about 1/4 of each nm act 4 having a cold immune de seis.

3. guns1inger99

I never tried a zealot before, and I was just wondering if it would be effective. I just want to get mules to act 3 so I go to expansion and do forge quests. I'm just getting back into D2 after I quit playing for a year or so.

I am leaning toward a barb, since I can put a few points in beserk. But I thought maybe a zealot would be quicker to run through act 2.

4. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

WW barb For The Win.
    1 point in Bezerk is really enough.
    Manaleeching PI's might be hard, but on a Zealer you would have to take sanctuary to take care of PI undead and you wouldn't be able to touch non undead PI's. (think council)

My vote is WW barb with 1 Bezerk.

5. guns1inger99

Mmmm... well, I do have a bone snap. I think I will go with the ww barb.

thx for the help.

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

my level 7x orber, can get my self rushed mules through hell Andy and into act2 in about 40 minutes or less depending on the nm de seis spawning CI, and/or whether or not the alter in the claw viper temple is occupied by cold immunes.

for the WW baba, the PI mana leachers are more of an annoyance, as I just WW through them and move on when I find them. The times they become an 'issue' is when they are clumped around the summoner, or in tal rasha's end tomb, and a lowly lvl 1 is trying to get through to the next part of the rush.

7. Sebbie

Sebbie IncGamers Member

I guess you could always use howl for those situations. A vita barb with max block and resist is almost unkillable you can leap over any problem!

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I don't think I have made a one handed baba in close to two years...

hard to get max block w/out a shield :p

9. broc

broc IncGamers Member

Orb sorc to hell act 3 trav, then use a din or barb to clear trav. That's all you need.

10. WarlockCC

I probably have the worse luck(and skill) at teleporting, but after trying on 3 different occasions, I am not going into the hell viper temple with my vita/orbsorc anymore. Maggot layer, I agree, that's do-able, tombs might also be do-able(though I find it safer to do them with either my healer or a hammerdin), but the viper temple is just an invitation for a Cold-sorc's death.
    Maybe it's my luck that makes it seem like there was a sale on mana-burning(I don't use a energy shield) unique viper bosses every time I venture there and they allways manage to hit me even though I have 80fcr.

11. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

The key handling Hell Viper Temple with that Sorc is you FHR. I built my MF/Rush Orber with 64 FHR, so when I get hit, it won't be in succession if I accidentally Tele into a mob.

- Akukami

12. WarlockCC

I have 58fhr on my sorc, I think that's the same bp then, correct me if I'm wrong.
    It's just the damage they do on that first impact that gets annoying. Though I admit, my cold res is not optimal since that sorc is meant for CS. And Vipers do a lot of cold damage on their charge I think.

13. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I've felt that cold whack/stunfrom vipers during more than one rush with my mart barb.

nothing like getting frozen, mana burnt, and significantly whacked all at once from one of those nasty things (and their phys immune pals down there that are almost always mana burners)

14. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

also about 1/10 times those vipers will be on the throne in the amulet room...needa barb/pally for then too

15. Akukami

Akukami IncGamers Member

No, it's not the same. After 44, the next BP is 60.

- Akukami

16. WarlockCC