Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

(hell)p

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ToastedTacoGuy, May 7, 2005.

1. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

(hell)p

my meteorb is really struggling through hell right now, and i was wondering if anyone could give me some help. she is currently in act3 and has just finished the jade statue quest and has collected khalims eye. here stats are as follows

lvl 76 sorc
    85 str, 25 dex, 255 vit, 100 nrg
    Life - 1042 mana - 327

Skills
    20 orb, 20 CM, 19 meteor, 1 FM, 10 fireball, 3 warmth, 1 all prereqs

Itamz

Helm

Hailstone Veil
    Circlet
    Defense: 25
    Durability: 35 of 35
    Required Level: 48
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 75
    Fingerprint: 0x8b37a25b
    +106 to Attack Rating
    Damage Reduced by 7
    20% Faster Run/Walk
    +2 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only)
    Level 2 Confuse (25/25 Charges)

Weapon - Chromatic Ire

Armor - Stealth runeword

amulet

Wraith Clasp
    Amulet
    Required Level: 27
    Item Level: 40
    Fingerprint: 0xb577cefb
    +3 to Strength
    Fire Resist +22%
    Cold Resist +11%
    18% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    +1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
    Level 1 Frost Nova (22/22 Charges)

rings

Bone Touch
    Ring
    Required Level: 19
    Item Level: 28
    Fingerprint: 0x89a1a262
    +6 to Energy
    Fire Resist +10%
    Poison Resist +20%
    3% Life stolen per hit
    10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    14% Chance to cast Level 5 Charged Bolt when struck

Dread Turn
    Ring
    Required Level: 30
    Item Level: 71
    Fingerprint: 0xb92d0581
    +7 to Life
    +4 to Minimum Damage
    Poison Resist +21%
    Adds 1-2 fire damage
    10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    +1 to Mana After Each Kill

gloves

Death Hand
    Light Gauntlets
    Defense: 23
    Durability: 18 of 18
    Required Strength: 45
    Required Level: 27
    Item Level: 60
    Fingerprint: 0x7257e0c7
    +94% Enhanced Defense
    Lightning Resist +29%
    Cold Resist +19%
    3% Mana stolen per hit
    20% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    Repairs 1 durability in 20 seconds

Belt

Glyph Lash
    Plated Belt
    Defense: 18
    Durability: 24 of 24
    Required Strength: 60
    Required Level: 22
    Item Level: 45
    Fingerprint: 0xe2d2ffcd
    +60 to Life
    +58% Enhanced Defense
    Lightning Resist +27%
    63% Extra Gold from Monsters
    24% Faster Hit Recovery

boots

Plague Stalker
    Greaves
    Defense: 12
    Durability: 24 of 24
    Required Strength: 70
    Required Level: 26
    Item Level: 53
    Fingerprint: 0x81727267
    +4 to Dexterity
    Fire Resist +31%
    Lightning Resist +22%
    24% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    20% Faster Run/Walk

bunch of resist and +life charms
    +2cold skills orb/rhyme on switch

Merc uses

Husoldal Evo

Dire Cloak
    Wyrmhide
    Defense: 560
    Durability: 23 of 24
    Required Strength: 84
    Required Level: 50
    Item Level: 78
    Fingerprint: 0x1d1c1941
    +9 to Strength
    +51 to Life
    +19% Enhanced Defense
    Fire Resist +25%
    17% Faster Hit Recovery

Brimstone Circlet
    Shako
    Defense: 244
    Durability: 12 of 12
    Required Strength: 50
    Required Level: 43
    Item Level: 73
    Fingerprint: 0x911be137
    +72% Enhanced Defense
    Poison Resist +25%
    10% Faster Hit Recovery
    Repairs 1 durability in 33 seconds

i have a limited selection of items due to this being my first character after a restart and i am not allowing myself to do boss runs until she is finished. my main problem has been with CI monsters. The merc doesnt stay alive longer enough for me to get a few meteors off, plus they never seem to like to attack my merc so i am always running around trying not to die. the only item i have that i am not using that might be of use is magefist, but i really need the resists on the current gloves.

2. Immortal_Slayer

Immortal_Slayer IncGamers Member

Err normally for a meteorb sorc, never max cold mastery as you can always use +skills for it...The problem i see is that your fireskills are very very weak as you went and maxed mastery when the fire skills would have done much more good...
    Skill build should have been more like this:
    20 Frozen Orb
    5 Cold Mastery
    20 Meteor
    20 Fireball
    20 Fire mastery

Errr what weapon does your merc use? Does he have enough LL? And a problem might be that your merc is too low level...level 76 merc usually can't stand up to Act 3 Monsters...

-Slayer

3. ToastedTacoGuy

i followed vegas mf sorc guide, which recommended maxing CM, my merc uses Husoldal Evo, and he has about 7% LL iirc, which is kinda weak. his main issue is that he gets sent into HR and then just keeps getting pounded. he is a defiance merc btw. i figured i might be a little low, but it just takes soooo long to level that i could deal with not progressing through the game as i did it. i guess i could go back and do baals minions on nm on /players 8 or something (since i wont be killing baal himself) but i can't really go back to act1 or act2 hell because they were very hard for me aswell. this sorcs purpose will be for killing nm and hell meph to get me a nice base with which to make more chars, so the maxed CM helps quite a bit i think in the boss department. right now i think my meteors are doing abut 2700 damage at initial impact. one thing that i noticed was really hard was that in act claw viper temple, the guardian guys were always FI while their skellies were CI, so i had to deal with 10 skellies on my merc with a few meteors and then kill the guardian before he could summon the dead skellies again, and then there were usually a bunch of claw vipers around knocking me and my merc around. it was horrible. this is why i hate sorcs

4. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Why don't you just run nm meph for a few items to boost resists and skills? Is there some reason you have the no-rerun rule?

5. ToastedTacoGuy

yeah, i am keeping a count of all the green/gold items i aquire along the way to mat. i just want to know around how many items to expect while running a character through the game. although now that i think about it i am keeping a list of the items i get, so i could just not put the ones i get from meph runs on the list. hmmm

6. corax

corax IncGamers Member

yea just run NM meph for awhile and you'll get some better gear :D

if this is your first time through hell you will struggle. no matter what build you play. well skelliemancers. but pffft. so dont worry if you struggle. as long as you keep trying your skill lvl will pick up and then it'll get easier....

then you'll hit hell ancients :D

7. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

If you seriously want to get through in one pass, I strongly suggest Teleport and Static Field.

You should really be tele-ing everywhere as part of your combat strategy. Drop a meteor/FO, tele, draw the monsters to you, drop another. You don't really have crowd control, you'll need to herd the bad guys together and drop meteors/FO's.

Use tele to position the merc between you and the bad guys, but make sure he doesn't get surrounded.

You don't have blocking, so you might consider a wand/orb of frozen armor (don't waste the skill points, just shop a wand).

Leaf (TirRal) adds a ton of Fire damage, just a ton. Put it in a 2-handed grey staff, hopefull with +Meteor or +Fire Mastery, to deal with those CI's. Use Static Field to cut CI's to 1/2 health before burning them.

[EDIT] You don't really need 75/all resists. Lightning should be 75, the rest are fine at 0 with your health. Just don't get lazy and stand in a hydra swarm.

You should be able to beat the game without boss running. Meteorb is a versatile character.

-GG

8. corax

corax IncGamers Member

wands dont get sorc skills. you cant shop orbs. so you'd have to shop a staff or hope for a good orb to drop.

9. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

Since you aren't going for block anyhow, I'd go shop a nice 2 socketed +3 Fireball staff from normal Drognan or Akara and make a leaf staff. A strong enough fireball can keep a group of monsters in recovery lock and improve the safety for you and you merc. You will need some FCR to to make this work, and you could do some crafting to help with this. Both caster amulets and belts always add FCR.

Another option if you have the runes for it would be a memory staff. (Again, I would recommend +Fireball as a skill to look for.) White gnarled and battle staves shopped from normal Drognan will get 4 sockets from the Larzuk quest if you don't find a nice staff with 4 sockets.

10. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

Your rings are awful for Hell, even for untwinked. You're not having problems with Poison and if you were then overdosing on antidotes beforehand would solve that.

You mention you cannot switch to Magefist because you need the resists. You can create rings with your cube for resists, not only blood, caster, hitpower and safety craft rings but cheaper element specific rings. No countess runs necessary for these...

You could skip the Cold resist and go for higher Fire resist instead and when you need Cold resist just overdose on thaw potions before you go. And the rings could come with 10%FCR too or your MF. That would cover your resists you would miss from your gloves and get you back to your +1Fire +20FCR Magefist. End result = +1Fire skills, +20-40FCR, and resists still fine or better given a good craft.

11. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Fully agree with GG. Use your Teleport as your crowd-control skill. I did questing with my Blizzard sorc fully dressed in MF gear having -50% resists in Hell, only 1 point in Firewall and 1 in Fire Mastery (well, I didn't kill most of the CI). The key is to play safe way, don't get your merc swarmed.

12. ToastedTacoGuy

i actually do have teleport and static field, just forgot to mention it. as to leaf and memory

Chromatic Ire
    Cedar Staff
    Two-Hand Damage: 11 to 32
    Durability: 35 of 35
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 35
    Staff Class - Slow Attack Speed
    Item Level: 82
    Fingerprint: 0x36295e83
    All Resistances +26
    Increase Maximum Life 20%
    +3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
    20% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 to Lightning Mastery (Sorceress Only)
    +1 to Cold Mastery (Sorceress Only)
    +1 to Fire Mastery (Sorceress Only)
    150% Damage to Undead
    Attacker Takes Lightning Damage of 20

i like this better, because i dont have to waste an io(memory) and it helps my FO too. i have decided to run nm meph some, i will just keep a list seperate from my current item list.

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

There arent that mnay CI's in act 3 and 4 hell, so you should be able to get by with FO and teleport mainly, but i suggest now putting all future points into fire skills, either FM or fireball (depends wehich boosts meteor the most, havent done a meteorb before)

14. Llathias

Llathias Banned

:thumbsup: that staff's just beautiful! :worship:

15. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

You can use a LowerResist wand on weapon-switch too as they're not that expensive to buy. This would increase your damage and possibly break some CIs. Just avoid "Repair All" as it's cheaper to buy a new wand then recharge.

16. ToastedTacoGuy

well i did some meph runs today out of the 30 or so runs i did i think i had 5 green breastplates. the good finds were a tals mask, telling of beads, and a goldskin (35 to resists!) although i cannot decide whether the resists are worth losing the fcr on my stealth or not.