Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Merc vs. Normal Merc

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by TitanCentaur, Mar 13, 2004.

1. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Hell Merc vs. Normal Merc

Hi all,

Is it worth to spend the time to level up normal defiance merc? or I should just hire one in hell.

What is the benefit of level up your merc from level 9 rather than level 79? I'm getting frustrated leveling my merc, he's level 14 now, loooooong way to go.

2. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I've never noticed any greater merc doing it the long way. I say go get a hell one, and be done with it. I always have a nightmare act2 merc anyways, casue of the might aura, but if I were to have a def one, I would get a hell, highest lvl I could get, or fav. named one.:)

Gulzar
    Hazeem :yep:

3. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Thanks for the respond, yeah i think i'll do as such. I been speding hours trying to level him but he level so slowly. Another reason to get hell defiance merc is that defense has diminishing return as halciet stated in his guide, so 1 level defiance different wont make such a noticeable improvement on yours chace of getting hit.

So inconclusion I like to say (always wanted to say that, mimic al bundy), gone with the normal merc, and in the hell merc.

4. wind

wind IncGamers Member

One time I gave up on leveling a merc, just to labor intensive and I wanted to just play.

Here's the funny thing, I kept him around anyhow, resurrecting here and there, not all the time though. One day I found something for him and when I went to his character screen, he was the same level as me! :lol:

5. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Unless you need to get his//her strength to a certain level and starting in normal is the only way go with either a hell or nm, depending on your level and how much effort you want to put into merc.

6. xFullenex

xFullenex IncGamers Member

yup normal mercs when lvled will have higher stats then a NM or a hell merc :) so its a toss up... spend alota time invested into lvling merc just to get that xtra str for a bonehew... or get a hell merc and use +str to use that bonehew... :scratch:

7. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

So the only different between normal merc and hell merc at the same level is the strenght/dex ? What about the level of aura? Is that different also?

8. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

It Isn't..

9. TitanCentaur

TitanCentaur Banned

Wow that's quick respond, thanks. Great to know aura level is the same, that all I care about anway. Strength and dex different can make makup by gear. He's using duriel shell and the strength more than make up for the different, he can use bonehew now at level 78 (when he's first hired).

10. Sonic

Sonic IncGamers Member

dex/str is not the only thing that varies, Life Also does.