Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell Meph Sorc

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by intheclouds, Mar 14, 2004.

1. intheclouds

intheclouds IncGamers Member

Hell Meph Sorc

What's better for killing hell meph, a blizzard sorc or an orb sorc? :scratch:

2. Panders

Panders IncGamers Member

Might have been able to find the info you want in the Sorc forums, but I think the general idea over there is that blizzard is faster. But it also requires a ton of synergies compared to Orb, which leaves you with more points to distribute elsewhere.

3. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

use the search function... there are 15 threads debating this issue in all its glory in the past 10 pages...

4. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

first of all, blizzard has a bigger range and therefor allows you to do the meattrick and kill mephi without being attacked yourself. That is the most important reason as not getting close with mephi allows you to wear much more MF.

About the damage comparison i am not sure. I can say however, a very weak blizzard (1300 dmg) kills mephi in 20 seconds on 1 player in hell. I have blizzard with 1 synergy and max cold mastery. the other points are used for telekinesis on my sorc. She has no + skills. If you have leet equipment and skillers, you would kill her in 20 seconds in 8 player hell games.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Better for killing?
    Blizzard is probably ever so slightly quicker, although not by as much as some would have you believe.

Better for getting there alive regardless of circumstances?
    Orb.

6. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Look at this Orb killing. The char is using a Harle, a rare Orb with 14% MF, Rhyme shield, Tearhaunch and a P-topaz Artisans light plate of the squid. Max Orb and CM, no skill charms, maybe 5 in ice bolt. Notice how the damage changes when aiming the Orb "explosion" better. Have no clip of Blizzard, but if aimed right, Orb will kill Mephisto in perhaps 10 seconds with a setup close to mine.

Also, if killing no monsters on the way to Meph, doing it in a multiplayer game is totally pointless as bosses doesn't drop more from more players in the game.

7. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Yeah i use orb so much when i teleport to mephist :s

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Blizz will probably kill meph a few seconds faster.
    However, orb frees up points for telekenisis and warmth, which can keep you alive, so for hardcore I would say orb.

9. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Thank you for either missing, or just ignoring the point...

Editted because I watched double's video...
    That's w/o the fun of static, which can stay on left click inbetween orbs on right click...want to static with blizzard going, you need to use "hotkeys" ^^
    Then of course, you'll note that when you use orb you get to go through the "collect shako" phase of MFing constantly, as the video proves.

10. CoonerTheRed

CoonerTheRed IncGamers Member

haha, double0, i think i've seen that clip in 34 threads by now... :D

"why yes, your skelliemancer should use bone wall as a synergy for bone armour, but if you'll look in this clip here, you'll notice that neither wall nor armour is needed by my sorc as she finds her shako" ~dob

that sorc has become the biggest tv star in d2 history!

haha, just giving you a hard time :D