Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell meph sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Ice007, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Ice007

Ice007 IncGamers Member

Hell meph sorc

What is the best build on a sorc to fight hell meph....as in stats, skills, and what equipment to wear to get the max magic find and still own meph?

2. Compman

Compman IncGamers Member

Blizzard sorc. Same stats as every other sorc, same items as every other sorc. Read one of the guides above for clarification.

3. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Just because Blizzard does more damage intially Frozen Orb still a better Meph killer as far as Versitility... Your not restricted to using a DR/Block build with Orb...

Blizzard requires Meph to remain still as Orb can hit him where ever he should move...

so Overall Frozen Orb is still the king of Meph runs...

4. SureWin4

SureWin4 IncGamers Member

whoa whoa blizzard is suppose to have max dr/block? i'm planning on mine making it a total kamakizae then.... base dex... 95 str... rest in vit... hmm i was gonna get a hella strong merk though.... CHAM'D ARREATS|COH|BOTD ETH CB... which i do'nt have yet.. but perhaps that barb will sustain meph long enough for me to kill him ? i also got some pots to back him up

5. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

no way. For orb to be effective against meph you need to position yourself so that the orb shatter right at meph. With blizzard you can hit and run and still be very effective before meph doesn't run all that much. Assuming a no-merc situation, you don't really need to tank him because you can run while waiting for the timer to wear off, and you don't need to position yourself to hit him either. Orb sorc need a tank away from her for orb to be maximally effective, while blizzard sorc does not. For pure MF purpose, max block/DR is not needed for blizzard at all.

6. wind

wind IncGamers Member

It's either or the way I see it as far as Blizz compared to FO goes. It's how you like to MF Meph.

Myself, since my FO Sorc and HF merc got into the high 80s', now 90, Meph is pretty well a no-brainer. The 3-10 seconds longer it takes to kill Meph is more than made up for by being able to wipe out Eldritch, Shenk and do a quick Pit run in the same game. The way I see it anyhow. :buddies:

7. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

yah blizzard is definitely not as versitale FO. However those are the only damage spell that doesn't suck.

8. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

I hope you mean you have Fire spells at least as a backup? Else Eldritch and Shenk would be mighty troublesome since they have CI minions.

9. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Yes FO/Meteor but I built around the cold synergy not the fire. Amazing how well a 20/20 Meteor/FM still kills with only a few plus skills, while at the same time FO just wipes out most monsters in solo, especially Meph.