Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Hell is kicking my butt

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by CorsairNU, Jul 14, 2010.

1. CorsairNU

CorsairNU IncGamers Member

Hell is kicking my butt

I have a Sorcerer 65 (meteorb) and a Paladin 72 (zealot) and both are getting their butts kicked in Hell. Even worse, I can't go back to NM games because they aren't listed for me. I'm just sad. :(

2. droid

droid IncGamers Member

Re: Hell is kicking my butt

A) Thats why its called Hell difficulty :)

B) Check the Sorc and Paladin forums, respectively, for advice. You're at the lower end of the proper level for Hell, but it should be doable - so you must be doing something wrong with either your gear, or your skills.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

A L65 sorceress is far away from having finished her skills (I recommend a dual element sorc BTW). Come back at L75, with gear which offers max res, 105%FCR, some FHR (30% sounds good), a nice amount of +skills and maybe a bit -res on fire and lightning and +dmg on cold. Tal's full set, Magefists, 35% Spirit and a few res charms will give you all of that, plus optional MF on rings, boots and socketing (another 108% with 2x 30% Nagelring and ptopazes in Tal's helm and armor... socket the orb with a facet or a rare jewel with useful mods).

A melee character needs a decent weapon and those which are good in hell have their price. My zealot wore Razor's Edge until his level was high enough for a Stormlash (which cost me an Ist rune)

4. CorsairNU

The paladin doesn't do enough damage and can't kill things fast enough before they swarm over him. (He couldn't even clear the den of evil solo, zombies would mess him up) The sorceress is a little better, but if anything gets within melee range, she's toast.

Their gear is a joke compared to everyone who posts on this forum, to put it mildly. I don't have months and months of MFing runs to equip my guys. :(

I'm not looking for specific advice so much as just venting. Mainly venting about the fact that now I can't see NM games any more.

5. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

you can still make games. MF'ing on nightmare is viable as well. I imagine you can run on nightmare.

6. Ephraim

Ephraim IncGamers Member

You can still join NM games, you just can't see them with your Hell characters. If you think it would be faster, you could always get a new character to NM mode so that (s)he can look at the game names, and then switch to your other character and join the game manually.

7. boogyman19946

boogyman19946 IncGamers Member

the idea above could work but if they temp ban for those then it'll get you a temp ban faster than you can say "Failed to join game."

8. CorsairNU

I tried that, and got that result. I also tried just leaving a second client open on that game selection screen, but that just causes disconnections at that screen. :(

9. CorsairNU

While I'm here, any recommendations for NM MFing? Just Meph/Diablo/Baal over and over?

10. BestiyaLV

BestiyaLV IncGamers Member

Yes. And my suggestion - make Necro char with max Skellies + CE: it will help your other chars to get to Hell.

Just finished my Skelly Mancer, after some 20+ Hell Baal games I was able to run my Blizz Sorceress and now - after getting GUL from HF in Hell -> I have fully equiped Sorc with Tal Set + Spirit Monarch :)

11. mouseman

mouseman IncGamers Member

You should get some wealth from your NM hellforge drops. Enough to trade you some basic items that help you through hell, if your build is solid.

If you got crap drops from hellforge quests, pick up flawless gems and cube 'em up to perfect gems. You can trade for nice stuff with just some perfect gems. Also pick up all jewels and crafting runes (ral/sol/amn/thul etc). Those are valuable currency that I always use to get my character ready for hell.

Assumpting you are playing in b.net. If you are playing in b.net europe softcore ladder, there's a free giveaway thread on the trade forum. Just seach "mihnea" and you'll find it.

12. CorsairNU

Currently on USEast softcore ladder.

I started playing a fishymancer, but it is such a boring way to play. I spend the whole time just sitting in back waiting for skeletons to beat on things. Snooze... Though I guess just because it'd be boring, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be effective.

Part of my problem with trading is I just don't know what I want/need. I have a significant number of perfect gems saved up, maybe 30ish, but no idea what I should be trying to get with them.

13. minuses

minuses IncGamers Member

My best suggestion is use what you are best with. Make sure it can clear about everything. Thats how I do the game on hell with first char and build up.

14. zrk

zrk IncGamers Member

Hard to get much done with mid level characters poorly equipped. Try to get a hell rush somewhere with your sorc, then leech in baal runs(also decent gear drops there which people dont pick up), then can do hell andy and meph and the smaller bosses. Doing nm bosses at mid levels doesnt get you levels which you really need to tackle the hell guys so its a bit of a waste of time

15. sheepe2004

sheepe2004 IncGamers Member

30 pgems should be plenty to get your sorc decent enough equip, try making a post in your trade forum here just asking for recommended starter sorc gear for pgems, you'll probably find you're give some free stuff as well.

If you post here you might be able to get some fairly decent free gear from someone who's feeling nice.

Here is a list of very cheap sorc gear (keep scrolling down for more, it's not all in one post).

In fact basically just go through the sorc forum stickies and read whatever looks applicable...